Street Artist Shepard Fairey's Secrets Exposed!

6/14/2011 12:02 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary street artist Shepard Fairey -- the guy behind the Obama "Hope" poster -- nearly had his trade secrets revealed ... by his wife!! You GOTTA SEE his reaction to Mrs. Fairey's loose lips.061311_TV_shepard_still

Check out TMZ on TV -- click here to see your local listings!

noyaname

I don't know anything about this guy or his art. Just going by this video, this woman is the idiot. I don't understand what she might have said and what it's consequences might have been, but she was being juvenile and self-centered--"Oh, look, a pap is talking to me! I want to seem nice so everyone will like me!"

It seems she was going to say something that would have had consequences and that, once said, could never be undone. Maybe it was criminal or career consequences. Maybe she was going to spill stuff that simply wasn't anybody else's business. Mistakes are understandable, but since she was making them out of immaturity and selfishness, he had to stop her immediately before irreparable damage was done.

And by the way--it's amazing how many "he's a horrible guy" commenters must be perfect in how they talk to their significant others. How about you guys bring forth your significant others' and we'll ask them how perfectly respectful you've been your entire lives.

By the way, I'm a woman, not a man just defending another man.

Noyname

By the way, I'm a woman, not a man just defending another man.

steponme

He is such a douch bag. What an *******

digitaldude

Its clear that is why he married an Asian woman. He feels the right to talk down to her and that's what he gets off on.

Ricky East Los

This is not the first time Shep has lost his cool when his wife spoke. I have seen in a number of times...He is gonna be done like a well steak when she leaves him...Sweet Revenge for Amanda

Shep you just lost all of your street cred..Gonna burn all your prints

noyanam

By the way, I'm a woman, not a man just defending another man.

Solomon

TMZ is so gay.

JAyP

Noyname Oh My GOD thank you thank you thank you the only REAL MATURE COMMENT I HAVE SEEN!!!!!

these people are so ******* quick to judge him.. this is this mans ******* life most of it is illegal most the stuff that he does is SACRED its his business its HIS life not anyone elses he probably told his WIFE because HE TRUSTED her thats what HUSBANDS do right? tell their wife because he trusted her and she ****** up by spilling the beans to ******* strangers... you dont do that! That is straight disrespect on her part!

& Like Noyname said you people so quick to judge lets see your lives and see if your SO ******* RESPECTFUL TO YOUR SOULMATE & if your relationship is good dont judge because something bad could happen to your relationship too your not invisible!

SHE ****** UP CASE CLOSED & HE IS NOT AN ******* DOUCHE NONE OF THAT... HE IS "HUMAN" & KEEPING IT REAL (DONT SPREAD MY BUSINESS)!

gregg burns

What a dweeb! So this troll is embarrassed because back in the day he went out and put up some of his own posters? He should be embarrassed about treating his wife that way!

pcox

dump him

krisser

Douche-bag. If I was his wife I would have socked him in the face for degrading me, especially ON CAMERA.

dan

a-hole

Jack Atkinson

Be a MAN. Be gentleman! You could have just whispered to your wife. You don't deserve to be in a relationship at all. A real man does not humiliate a woman. I hope you apologize to her in public too.

iloveobey

Wifey Should of Punched That Herb in his face, All You Street Art *** jockers that stick up for him , Do Your F-ing Home work,
everthing dude has ever done has been copied from somebody else
with his little finishing touches....Photo SHops The Bomb When you dont have any skills... dump that duche bag and hit a real man up ......

LoHs1

the Seeker 6 hours ago
LoHs1 3 hours ago

Yeah, Mr. Sheep Art FAIL big time here...

======================================

nice to meet you LoHs1, finally someone else who sees the big picture with this subversive (artistry).

OBEY your Masters ???

>To you as well... @The Seeker

---When he started in with all the pro-Obama crap after not really knowing what his true motives were, was wrong. (IMF/ world bankers/ wall street etc.) He's blind (for real).

I tweeted this out... @harveylevinTMZ SheepArt FAIL; here he shows his full character of being pretentiously un-enigmatic. Shepard Fairey #obey #tarnishedbrand

I also recently moved into a living here in the heart of the Arts District of DTLA. I know a few people BFD, anyway... I also hear now Amanda is a pushy busy body of a broad. I've never met them, or care to; but his carbon copy of a “fight club” existence needs to progress into a different direction eventually; or, He'll go down as the "Fiesta Ware" artist of this generation; even if that is divorce (broken home for his kids), whatever. No love . I saw this guy at an opening (DJ) and didn't care 1 iota. Surely his brand is tarnished by this more.

And right on... Brian Bitchmore 6 hours ago
Shepard Fairey lost his case to Associated Press for robbing the infamous Hope Poster from Manny Garcia now he is a misogynist for humiliating and abusing his Asian wife in public at LAX? Is this the Graffiti street hero of our time? The Artist featured by Deitch in MOCA's ART IN THE STREETS? Shepard Phoney is a RIP OFF ARTIST who operates under False Pretense, Lies, Deceptions, Willful Infringement, Copyright Violations including being an awful husband etc. Shepard Fairey has the opportunity to win back his street credibility along with his soiled reputation as a Husband and ostracized honor by meeting the Phantom Street Artist in the Cage for a benefit fight.

this rocks!v> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDUzLe6-YVk