Amber Portwood 911

'She's Going to Hang Herself'

6/15/2011 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood's baby daddy Gary Shirley called 911 yesterday and begged the operator to send cops to the "Teen Mom" star's Indiana home ... warning, "She's going to hang herself"

0615_gary_shirley_amber_portwood_911

TMZ obtained a copy of the 911 phone call Gary placed yesterday, in which he says Amber had recently mentioned that she was "having a hard time with her life" and he feared she might commit suicide.

Gary, who sounded very calm on the phone, explained, "I just spoke with my girlfriend and she had said something to me ... said she's having a hard time with her life ... call the police, they can find my body in the garage."

Gary added, "I'm calling you guys because I don't want her to kill herself."

Cops eventually responded to Amber's home -- and though she did not appear to be injured, she was taken to a nearby medical facility for further evaluation.

Roxanne Stones

Hope she gets the help she needs. A child is depending on it.

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

"Amber Portwood 911 -- 'She's Going to Hang Herself'"

Good. One less wannabe celebrity clogging up the works and sucking off the public payroll with her little tribe on the way when MTV spits her out like yesterday's reality trash..

Jax

Have you ever called 911? They're all like that. I'm sure this one was extra aggravated being a part of teen mom drama!

jpierce26

Let me tell you why her life is in disorder, ....It is Not because she was a teen mother. I was a teen mother and had no problems that Amber Portwood has. You are the company you keep. period. First of all, Amber has no job except bootlegging off mtv. She has no stability in her life for her or her daughter emotionally or physically. She has emotional issues that she has not delt with and is in a VERY abusive relationship with Gary. For a guy to tell a mother...."if you don't do this or that, Im going to take your daughter away", would make a mother mad enough to come after you. Trust me, you do not stand between a mother cougar and her cub and live to tell the tale. What this family needs is to get out of the world of MTV. get their act together, go to school, have a stable job, get some real friends, and figure out their relationship WHILE seperated. If they would do this, I am pretty sure that their baby Leah would appreciate that although their families arn't together, that the fighting has stopped and that her parents arn't acting like idiots. They really need to grow up. I have had it with this "couple". Right now, neither are in a place to be a good parent. Even with them seperated before, they were always in each other's buisness and fighting. You can't be doing that as a parent!!!! When I was a teen mom, I had to grow up fast. Leah is going to look at all of this when she is older and I hope that this "couple" realizes the damage that they are doing to this baby....SOON!!!!!!

Tanya

Uh I just listened to the call and I'm still waiting to hear this rude and unprofessional 911 operator. All I heard was a fat retard wasting this poor operator's time with some bull**** about another worthless retard

Stephanie

Atleast Amber is not hurting other people anymore, as she has turned on herself instead of her daughter and boyfriend. Anyone who watched the show knows she is one messed up little girl who only knows how to resolve problems through violent measures. Hopefully she'll be forced to get (ALOT) of help now, and we won't have another Casey Anthony case on our hands.

liverspot

I thought fat boy was going to lose weight!

Susan

I hope someone is thinking and taking care of their baby. The baby didn't ask to be born to these idiots!!!!!!!

radicalred

Gary talked like a blithering idiot on the 911 tape. He clearly didn't comprehend the operator's question about what his mother would be driving ... duh.

I don't think this dispatcher was unreasonably nasty -- but personally, I think most 911 operators are snippy. Some of them have no patience (like this one) and others think they already know the story before you tell them.

Bryan

She should have just killed herself, the world would be so happy without her.

b

The dispatcher was shire he was calling about this crazy bitch and was hoping enough time would pass

ghfghfg

she should take a college class... or two... if she has a babysitter... that would be very good for her...

ghfghfg

just not a math class :'< Dx

Billy

This is a ploy to get more attention for this little troll. Stop covering her and her day will go away as quick as it would with a noose.

Simon

Hey TMZ... hasn't it occurred to you that these Z-list TV morons pull this sort of crap just to get a mention on TMZ?

Stop playing into their manipulation, you're just losing what credibility you may have.