Amber Portwood 911

'She's Going to Hang Herself'

6/15/2011 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood's baby daddy Gary Shirley called 911 yesterday and begged the operator to send cops to the "Teen Mom" star's Indiana home ... warning, "She's going to hang herself"

0615_gary_shirley_amber_portwood_911

TMZ obtained a copy of the 911 phone call Gary placed yesterday, in which he says Amber had recently mentioned that she was "having a hard time with her life" and he feared she might commit suicide.

Gary, who sounded very calm on the phone, explained, "I just spoke with my girlfriend and she had said something to me ... said she's having a hard time with her life ... call the police, they can find my body in the garage."

Gary added, "I'm calling you guys because I don't want her to kill herself."

Cops eventually responded to Amber's home -- and though she did not appear to be injured, she was taken to a nearby medical facility for further evaluation.

sgm

I do hope if this is true and not a publicity stunt that she gets the help she needs for her sake as well as her child but; something smells rotten in Denmark on this one!

caroline

I totally agree with Victoria, that 911 dispatcher is the worst person. Why are 911 Operators always jerks? I pray that they will need help one day & they'll have to take what they give out. HAHAHAHHAA!!

Rich

Obviously many of you have no concept of an emergency operator. Fact is... GOOD OPERATORS needs to gather the facts as quickly as possible WITHOUT showing an emotion. The 911 operator followed procedure and did a fine job. She gather facts and dispatched an emergency vehicle. I answered calls at an emergency ambulance center for years...as a volunteer. It requires skill. patience, and very careful questioning. Every call was handled as a possible person that could die if the wrong decision was made.

jess213

GEEZ! What a rude 911 operator! It's obvious he wasn't understanding her, LOL - I think he had quite a bit running through his head! Bitch!

doglover

God, I wish they'd both hang themselves!

Jus Another Viewer

I dont wish death on Anyone personally, but I do think the 911 operator was VERY rude to the caller. Whats SHE mad about? She has a JOB, and a GOOD one at that! She should be DEMOTED til SHE learns how to work NICELY with the public.
As far as the ppl who are calling, alot of VILE things are being written about them, very MEAN insults. I dont know much (anything rly) about them, but IF THIS was for publicity Lock'em BOTH up!
And TMZ Staff - STOP being the 'patsy' all these NON-Celebs use for attention!

As DRY as TMZ has been over the several months or so, seems to ME that the REAL celeb's are wise to all your tricks, so your not rly catching any "JuIcY" stories lately. Maybe you shouldn't have been Sooo intrusive with all the Britney Spears, Micheal Jackson, Mel Gibson, Lindsey Lohan, Tiger Woods, and Charlie Sheens ENTIRE lives (EVERY single thing ANY of them has done is scrutinized, you OVER did it!).. then maybe you'd still be CATCHING REAL Celebs doing REAL dumb things still. ALL your getting these days are Athletes, Politicians, and "So Called reality" wannabe Pseudo-Celebs NO one cares about doing things no one gives 2 sh*ts about...! You've shot YOURSELF in your OWN foot Harvey. Over-Kill = NO more THRILLS!!! 'jus sayin'
Hollywood has circled its Wagons and your on the OUTSIDE now!

Tom

He was calm during the call. I have heard emergancy calls from family/friends regarding suicide. AND YOU ARE NEVER CALL. and they found her on the couch laying down and no rope marks. Yeah, sounds like a p.r. stunt.

TL

OK, I am not an Amber fan but she must be in a pretty dark place right now and needs some help. That aside: THE 911 OPERATOR NEEDS TO BE FIRED. HOW DARE SHE SPEAK SO RUDELY TO SOMEONE WHO CALLED IN, DISTRESSED, TRYING TO GET HELP FROM SOMEONE. A COMPLAINT NEEDS TO BE FILED AND SHE NEEDS TO LOSE HER JOB IMMEDIATELY. I don't post comments ever, but the way that operator spoke to Gary MAKES ME SICK! IF YOU DON'T LIKE YOUR JOB AND YOU CAN'T SPEAK TO PEOPLE PROPERLY THEN GET A NEW JOB! FIRE HER BUTT!!!!!!! I am beyond disgusted!

Asherz

That girl is a trainwreck and does have emotional distress. I'm not saying she was suicidal or possibly an attention whore but the girl is like a walking pharmacy!! She got prescribed lots of pills on the show now if I were suicidial I wouldn't be making several claims to my boyfriend, I wouldn't be whining aboutthe cops finding my body, I wouldnt bother with the noose. I'd take a handful of pills and a bottle of alcohol. Seems to me if she were suicidal she would of done it... Not Play it out

ohlalalalala

she just wants attention...feel sorry for leah...

elizzaa

that operator is soo rudee!

Jodi

I'm going to say this and if I'm wrong then God forgive me, but I think this was done for publicity. That's why he stayed at the hospital for all of 5 minutes when he want to see her and had a BBQ later that night....he knew Amber was being dramatic for attention only.

She was going to hang herself yet the paramedics found her lying on a couch with a rope around her neck moaning. Sorry I don't buy the suicide bit.

Jen

OMG The 911 operator was so rude! It seems MOST times I hear a 911 call, the operator is always rude and acts like they hate their job. People who call 911 are in distress,, have some patience and compasion you cranky old bitch.

Kardatax

These tards will say and do anything to remain relevant in morons eyes!

t

I'd kill myself too, after I realized that I slept with that fat slob Gary and procreated with him....eeewww....By the way why are you constantly reporting on these two losers TMZ? They are NOT celebritys! Who really cares about them?