Amber Portwood 911

'She's Going to Hang Herself'

6/15/2011 2:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amber Portwood's baby daddy Gary Shirley called 911 yesterday and begged the operator to send cops to the "Teen Mom" star's Indiana home ... warning, "She's going to hang herself"

0615_gary_shirley_amber_portwood_911

TMZ obtained a copy of the 911 phone call Gary placed yesterday, in which he says Amber had recently mentioned that she was "having a hard time with her life" and he feared she might commit suicide.

Gary, who sounded very calm on the phone, explained, "I just spoke with my girlfriend and she had said something to me ... said she's having a hard time with her life ... call the police, they can find my body in the garage."

Gary added, "I'm calling you guys because I don't want her to kill herself."

Cops eventually responded to Amber's home -- and though she did not appear to be injured, she was taken to a nearby medical facility for further evaluation.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

KJ

I feel bad for him. He's so stupid, but he is such a great guy that feels like he isn't worth anything more than that stupid girl. But you can't live on people feeling bad for you, he needs to step up and grow up.
I'm glad he called 911. Something needs to be done!
On the other hand, that operator was AWFUL! People have adrenaline pumping and it's so hard to think when something scary is going on. I think it should definitely be looked into and possibly think about another training session for some operators.

CISCO

OPERATOR: YOU SAID YOUR MOTHER IS HEADING OVERTHERE. WILL SHE BE ON FOOT?
GARY: NO SHE IS GOING TO HANG HERSELF..

Oh yeah and how can I forget?

OPERATOR: OH WHAT KIND OF CAR IS SHE GONNA BE IN?
GARY: SHE IS NOT IN A CAR, SHE WILL BE IN THE GARAGE AND IN THE GARAGE SHE HAS A DODGE MAGNUM. SHE HAS A DODGE MAGNUM IN THE DRIVEWAY..

AS AN OPERATOR HOW CAN YOU NOT LOSE PATIENCE WITH THIS GUY???

Alison

Croc shut the **** upp or ill knocck u out cuzz u shudnt be slabberin about aout sum1 who tried to hang themself.. So shut ur gubb b4 a break it rite:c

humpster67

I heard Gary took the last cheeseburger and she couldnt take it anymore.Lets blame McDonalds!! Thanks Ronald.hahaha

tew'prettymeh

man dhat 911 opertor iz a bytch

Trina

The 911 operator wasn't rude!!! Have you ever called 911???? That's what they sound like they need answers ASAP!

katrina

THE OPERATOR WANTED TO MAKE ME HANG MYSELF.. SO RUDE.. ASKED FOR THE PHINE NUMBER 3X AND SHE NEVER LET HIN EVEN TELL THE NUMBER.. WHAT A RUDE BITCH

david

that fat pig = amber should just hang herself so we dont have to c or hear her stuid fat pig ass

MAMA

Gary needs to do him. He's a good man. He needs to go on with his life and leave the psycho crab alone. She's too much work. Her calling Gary instead of calling 911 herself, was just another "give amber attention" scheme. I wish I was Gary's sister, I would go to Indiana and give her the business since she likes too punch people.

Sabrina

Is anything going to happen to the 911 operator for the way she acted to Gary on the phone?! She acted like oh well somone killing themselves, not her problem?? Umm, don't work with the public if you don't have compassion for EVERY call! Bet if that was someone in her family she would of handled that call differently. Very Very unprofessional & rude. Usually people dial 911 because they are in distress you would think she would be trained to be the "Calm rashinal one" Don't matter if people don't like reality t.v. stars they are still human beings & that 911 operator was a B....

Aaliyah Hill

rite peggy is a mean thing that i ever heard in my life ugh wat is her problem she need help really bad.

Sally

that operator was a bitch

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8