« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dallas Mavericks Star

Busted for Public Intoxication

6/15/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dallas Mavericks guard DeShawn Stevenson was arrested last night for public intoxication in Texas ... TMZ has confirmed.

0615_DeShawn_StevensoN_MUG
Law enforcement sources tell us, police received a call about some drunk guy wandering around an apartment comlpex in Irving, TX last night -- and when cops showed up, they found Stevenson ... who said he was lost.

Stevenson -- who does not live in the apartment complex -- then flunked a field sobriety test ... and was arrested for public intoxication.

Law enforcement sources tell us, the officers "felt he was a danger to himself and others."

Stevenson -- a major force behind Dallas' victory over Miami on Sunday -- posted $475 bail this morning and was released.

Stevenson's championship celebration started with him gloating in a t-shirt that read, "HEY LEBRON! HOW'S MY DIRK TASTE."

tmz-top-comments-banner
Amanda Amanda

Oh waaaah. Get over it. At least he wasnt behind the wheel wasted like so many others we hear about.

Dnice929 Dnice929

He still looks happier than LeBron

Carl Carl

I'm sure Abraham Lincoln would be proud to see his face tatooed on some guy's neck.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

backatya

HA HA you will see moe of this in the days coming

he is an Ass

ell

Oh leave him alone. He was driving.

Cujeaux

Q: I didn't find your post funny until I got to the part that said 'Let the Germans take over basketball.' LOL! Where have you been the last 20 years? The tats aren't going away. I don't particularly like them either, but if I had his cash, I wouldn't be worrying about finding other work.

The Lincoln tat is ok, but what's with the 5s? Please don't tell me it's because he's on the 5 dollar bill.

D-Scorpio

Irving PD seems to be up to its same old tricks. They give out these tickets to guys who piss off the Police. Does he really seem drunk in the picture? Hell No! he is there behind an attitude issue. It happend to me about 20 yrs ago the same way in Irving, TX thats why I am so knowledgeable about this charge and to top it off it was a Sheriffs department party to boot but they said I was drunk and wandering around as well when in fact I was walking with another dude. Lie lies and more lies.

mimi

thats what he gets for pushing

jxtr

People are starting to look ridiculous with these tatoos drawn on their face, necks and legs. Tatoos used to be unique nice looking art work. Nowadays, they are just beginning to look trashy and stupid.

Larry

If he sold his "Hey Lebron! How's my Dirk taste" t-shirt on ebay. He could use that money to pay for his bail out. Just won a championship, give the man a break and especially he wasn't even arrested for DUI. Some people didn'*****ch the NBA final series because Stevenson did have a big part in MAVS *WINNING*

FREDDY R

HEY DESHAWN HOWS THAT DIRK UP YOUR A** TASTE

dude

Igriffin, Abe Linc did say that but he also said that to "win over" the majority of the people and those of the south. But you are right Abe wasnt exactly fond of black people. They were free as a result of him, but his sole purpose was not to free them. Just sayin, I see your point but that quote was all political jibber jabber.

Da Man

People on here says he raped someone. Wrong. It was sex, consensual sex with girl under 18. Stop slandering people.

David Jasper

The guy was celebrating the victory. Give him a break. Lebron should do something similar, instead of making lame excuses for his inaction, which contributed to his team's lost to a more focused, determined and 'wanted it more than them' team.

Really???

@ Da Man:

"People on here says he raped someone. Wrong. It was sex, consensual sex with girl under 18. Stop slandering people"

Dude - that's still rape. Be it may called Statutory Rape but still rape nonetheless...

caribulou

what ever happened to the days when the cops would give a guy a ride home. I swear its all about making an arrest anymore.

shagrath

triple posting the same comment on a thread always speaks volumes..
btw q nice amos and andy scud with thee "step n fetch"
horns up on that one

Mandy

He didn't RAPE a girl... he had consensual sex with a minor. I know it's not right, but don't make it sound worse than it was. It wasn't a bunch of guys gang raping one girl. Him and his friend had sex with 2 different girls in a hotel room. He paid for that stupid mistake, too. He was 20 years old. She was like 15.

And I think we've ALL been so drunk that we forgot where we were at one time or another. Stop acting like that has anything to do with CLASS. I get so sick of reading how someone should "stay classy". Get over it.