Jennifer Lopez

I Might Not Return to 'Idol'

6/15/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just when "American Idol" seemed stable again ... Jennifer Lopez has announced she's "on the fence" about returning to the show next season ... because she's just so damn busy.

0615_jlo_BN_Getty_01

J.Lo explained the whole thing to BBC Radio -- saying, "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez added -- "I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year."

One of those "other things" J.Lo is working on is her OWN singing competition show with hubby Marc Anthony -- called "Que 'Viva!: The Chosen". The show will focus on undiscovered vocal talent in Latin America.

FYI -- J.Lo reportedly made $12 MILLION for her role as a judge on AI this season.
0615_lopez_idol_footer

tifosi44

Better make sure you make enough Pesos to pay your Tax Cheating Hubby's long forgotten tax bills. Maybe you have some tax bills yourself you haven't paid for? Who cares really if you return or not, please...

hotro

Like her options are so great??? She's just waiting for more money. Can't do movies anymore. She doing commercials for unwanted leg hair!!!!!

LunarJunk

She only used AI to get back into the spotlight! LOL Fame hungry whore. LOL

rideus

She had no business judging a vocal contest in the first place, she has never been and never will be considered a good singer. Same goes for Paula Abdul.

Please just make Idol go away..........it's a popularity contest amongst teenage girls and horny MILF's. Period. Whoever the eyebrow twitching guy who doesn't know how to hold a microphone, who sounds exactly like someone else already popular (Josh Turner) that won this past year will be a nobody in two years.

Donna

I agree with James. She's a terrible judge. They need to get someone like Simon who tells it like it is....no holds barred.
Same with Steven Tyler. Just tells each one how wonderful they are.

John

Yeah, you should go Jennifer. You'd already run out of bad hairdos each week for the show. I'm sure they can find someone else to cry when contestants are rejected. Your husband is so handsome too...

Amazed

It sounds like she's going to want more $$$ to return, but I would prefer they look for a new judge. For the most part, J-Lo was unable to offer up any constructive criticism. Everybody can't be awesome. The only way I knew she didn't like someone's performance was when her opening comment would be on what they were wearing or how they looked, rather than how they sang. Other than say where they needed to improve, she would go to how they looked. I long for the days of someone like Simon, telling it like it is.

janet

Lopez has already gotten her money. She could care less. Her ploy for holding out for more money because she's just 'so busy'

drake

who cares - please, go away

Terry

So Sad Jen.They will miss all of that unique talent.....NOT!!!!!

Ronald RayGun

Why can't people just be honest and say that they want more money. Forget the rest of these shena****ns - who does she think she's fooling?

LWhite

She was probably the best actual "judge" the show has ever had HOWEVER, she got on my last nerve! She treated it like her own fashion show, her own commercial, etc. I'd much rather see somebody that's not on there to make a fashion statement or be on their for THEIR music career (yeah, shame on you too, Steven HA). It's not a stepping stone for them. Everything for JLo was hair, make-up, hair, legs, tan, husband being on their, her career, etc. She was distracting. She must have had it in her contract that she had X amount of camera time too because he face was shown WAY MORE than Tyler or Jackson. I don't know...I don't like her. I'd like to see somebody less self absorbed...Sharon Osborne type of personality would be great. Pretty & sweet but not a "LOOK AT ME!" type.

Stupid People Hater

Just a way to stir up media attention for herself.

jbeans

A has been whose career was over until AI. She's stupid if she leaves for her husbands show....we all know what an ******* he is. That show will never last!! She was an idiot on Idol...the crying over people leaving..etc She was a horrible judge.

bruce

Hard to say which was more annoying this year her fake azz spanish accent or Steven Tyler wearing skin tight leopard skin pants with a Depends under them!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments