Jennifer Lopez

I Might Not Return to 'Idol'

6/15/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just when "American Idol" seemed stable again ... Jennifer Lopez has announced she's "on the fence" about returning to the show next season ... because she's just so damn busy.

0615_jlo_BN_Getty_01

J.Lo explained the whole thing to BBC Radio -- saying, "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez added -- "I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year."

One of those "other things" J.Lo is working on is her OWN singing competition show with hubby Marc Anthony -- called "Que 'Viva!: The Chosen". The show will focus on undiscovered vocal talent in Latin America.

FYI -- J.Lo reportedly made $12 MILLION for her role as a judge on AI this season.
0615_lopez_idol_footer

Ziggy

I'm not surprised. She seems to be the type of person that gets board if she does the same thing too long. Prob why she's done so many diff things dance / singing / acting. Why not take advantage of the exposure she got on the show and take on another project. I think it's great. I'd do the same.

Heidi

She was an was a 'has been' prior to 'AI'.... Thanks to "AI', she now is back in the media, for awhile.... IMO, she was never an asset to 'AI' anyway......

Wishbone

This cow is so full of herself it's unbelievable. Who cares...one less lardass in the spotlight. I couldn'*****ch the last season. Her phony attitude (and fat legs) turns my stomach. "Most Beautiful Woman???"...not even close.

NOFXMAN

I WANT TO SEE THE SEX TAPE NOW!

3Storms

Good I hope she doesn't come back. She got all cry-baby drama queen every time an hispanic got sent home acting like they're entitled to an automatic win, and somehow she wasn't as good of a judge as Paula. $12mil was way too damn much for her.

mary

I hate J.LO. I hope she doesn't return! She is just awful.

Lou78Jr

I honestly Love JLO but she want's her ass kissed to stay and more money it seems, what 12 million not enough ? Jlo Love you but bye bye Thank you for using Idol to get some gas in your fame again pfft..

spyke

The one they need to get rid of is Randy Jackson. He is the least qualified judge on that panel, always has been. Just a nobody, namedropping moron. It doesn't surprise me that JLo might be trying to start a show to get Latin talent recognized which is pretty stupid since it doesn't matter if you're Latino, black, male or female so long as you have talent...unless of course you are a little blonde singer that pisses off Randy, then he will set you up to lose. What a piece of **** that guy is.

Carl

This is just the beginning of negotiation tactics. Anyway, I think Steven was the bigger star this year. People didn't turn in to hear what JLo had to say, it was all about what bizarre things Steven would come up with.

Katz

As if we care if JHO leaves. You can't sing, although you try. I surely don't know who voted you the best looking, because you surely aren't. We didn't miss you before and we won't miss you now. You have absoutely no talent and shouldn't be judging people who are on stage signing better than you ever will. GOOD BYE!

gossipgirl86

She definitely used this show to get back into the spotlight and now that she is in she is going to tell American Idol to Kick Rocks, Dueces!!! Very smart business move, I don't blame her a bit!

Cupcake

Busy? She is going to be busy attempting to clean up her image after her ex releases the sex tape. No one will want her, so she is firing herself before being ridiculed. Beautiful? her husband forgot she was in the room after he came across Jessica Alba at the Met, the proof is in the pictures.

Italia

Geez I hope she doesn't come back -- JLo and Reese Witherspoon are 2 of the most overexposed btchs in Hollywood. Everywhere you look, there they are.

American Idol needs some younger, fresher faces, and they need to update their music catalog from mid-1960...s to at least mid-2000s.

Cujeaux

Love each and every one of these comments. She's starting a little early, wouldn't you say? At least Paula had a following before she started whining. JLow had to be the belle of the ball and when Steven took over that role it pissed her off. She kept sticking her fat head in front of him to block the camera view at every opportunity.

I sincerely hope she and her greasy, no talent husband pack up their rugrats and head south where they're liked strictly for being latino. If she were irish, even they would have nothing to do with her.

Hubba Hubba

Erm... negotiation tactic anyone?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments