Jennifer Lopez

I Might Not Return to 'Idol'

6/15/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just when "American Idol" seemed stable again ... Jennifer Lopez has announced she's "on the fence" about returning to the show next season ... because she's just so damn busy.

0615_jlo_BN_Getty_01

J.Lo explained the whole thing to BBC Radio -- saying, "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez added -- "I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year."

One of those "other things" J.Lo is working on is her OWN singing competition show with hubby Marc Anthony -- called "Que 'Viva!: The Chosen". The show will focus on undiscovered vocal talent in Latin America.

FYI -- J.Lo reportedly made $12 MILLION for her role as a judge on AI this season.
0615_lopez_idol_footer

Mike174

I love J.LO... Bronx, STAND UP! However, I don't think she should return... She's back on top, looks amazing and added 12 million to her bank account. Better to go out on to, then to go out looking like your tired and washed up.

tgrfan42069

in other words.she has no album coming out nexxt year..she only agreed to do this year because she wanted publicity and album promotion

Different Rules Apply

Jennifer, the only reason you are so busy is BECAUSE of IDOL...you will not stay in the spotlight for long if you let it go after only one season.

Cujeaux

Oh yeah, the bedonk shaking at the finale.... the most embarrassing and repugnant display I've seen in a while. Did she think that would bring the house down? I would hide my butt in shame if it looked remotely like hers. She needs one of those belt sander things from the old 'Living Well Lady' gym franchise.

Vita

No tears here....I am sorry but she is a media whore...they can definitely get somebody alot better....bubye...

John V

Get rid of her first. She's not a singer anyway. She's a hip hop dancer at second rate actress. AI rescued her career from oblivion. Good riddance to her and that ugly freak she's got a do. Scotty McDreary...you're kiddin right?

Mrs. Mathers

take steven tyler w/u

Anonymous

Bad news. I'll pay attention to all of the news about Jennifer Lopez and American Idol. From George William Gockel.

Sticks

She's too busy being on the floor. my god, her last song was spent on the floor...lol

rebeccahuron24

I think its great they want to start something in the latin american culture why not don't hate I love you Jennifer and Mark and what they want to do for our people the latin people make a move to surport the cause . When my lil one was in my belly I would play Jenny from the block and now the headset to my stomach and my baby can sing beautiful now because of me and J-low my girl ..I hope one day Ms. Lopez will see my beautiful latin daughter sing and one day she will .. I do hope Jennifer Lopez does come back to Idol

Observer

Oh Puhleeeeeeeeez.

Then LEAVE! She just wants 'DRAMA' and more '$$$'

I Chinee

The only reason she is getting so much attention now is because of idol. Before this she wasn't doing sh*t. The girl can't sing to save her life nor can she act. And her getting her own singing competition is pure comedy.

RottonronOne

She was a has been @42+++++ years, before American Idol, then, America Idol revitalized her sagging career and her a- and to show her graditude, she holds them/American Idol up for more money, or, she'll take other offers! Hey, a tiger does not change it's stripes over night, once a stone cold b---- and diva, always one! She has always had a bad rep and it shows again now. She was not a good judge, she looked like she wanted to eat Scotty the Body, but, Brian had Scotty all wrapped up, so, she settled for her husband, that skinny, non-talented little Mark Anthony! shaking that very large, flabby booty & he plastic, phony tits at him in a vulgar dance, what a stone slut! She is all not that!

Barry

Guess when you're career is really in the hole, you still think you're just so GRAND!!...It's gonna come down to money...money...just wait and see...and Marc Anthony...WHY was he even on AI...was this part of her deal??

Diana Knowling

I love Jennifer...and think she is a great role model for young girls and minoriites of any race or age...she stays true to her own ideals, doesn't have an eating disorder, and has worked her famous buns off to get where she is...I will be a fan whether she returns to idol or moves on...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments