Mel Gibson Sued In Recycled Rubber Dispute

6/15/2011 2:53 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mel Gibson is being sued by a man who claims Mel cajoled him to put his life savings in a newfangled technology to recycle tires ... the guy lost it all and now claims Mel is swindling him.

0615_mel_gibson_doc_launch_ex_2

Nader Sherif met Mel at a dinner party in 2007.  According to the lawsuit, Nader claims Mel started jawboning him about a Malaysian company called Green Rubber, which developed a technology to devulcanize rubber so old tires could be recycled.

Sherif claims Mel tried convincing him to invest $200,000 in the company -- his entire life savings.  Sherif says he was resistant, but someone from the company who was present at the dinner assured him the company would re-purchase Sherif's stock for the full face value whenever Sherif wanted.

But Sherif was still uneasy, telling Mel he had just had a child and could not afford to lose money. Sherif alleges Mel -- who is a "significant investor" in the company --  then told him if the company wouldn't make good, Mel would buy the shares from Sherif for the full $200,000.

Short story -- Sherif was going through hard financial times and wanted Green Rubber to buy his stock back.  Sherif claims the company repeatedly refused to do so, and he then went to Mel, who allegedly ignored his demand.

Sherif is suing for $200,000 plus interest. We could not reach Mel's rep for comment.

0615_green_rubber_awardHere's a video of Mel back in 2008 -- presenting an award to the CEO of Green Rubber at the Global Green Sustainable Design Awards.

God-Is-Busy

A good thing I didn't have to suck your non existing prick. Thank God for that. I am laughing.

LA me

Hiya Curious!!!

My guess is that this idiot Nadar Sherif is his realator in Costa Rica. Guess he didn't make enough money off of Mel during their real estate transactions....just my opinion :p

Tellthetruth59

@God's Spokesman - God just told me your last post was crass and he doesn't approve.

God-Is-Busy

Let Mel get on with his life and you **** bags can all go home now. I hate you, I despise you and I will kill you. Simple, pure and clear.

Tellthetruth59

@God's spokesmen - why would you want to kill some bored fraus? God just said you'll be breaking a commandment and not to do it.

LA me

Well...I just got off the horn with God, and she said that she really isn't THAT busy. But she did say that due to GIB's never-ending, harassing calls to her, she has instructed her "people" to tell GIB that "God is Busy" until further notice!

Curious

LA Me -
You guessed right! Mr. Mel bought his Costa Rica ranch in 2007. Nader dude was a real estate agent in Costa Rica in 2007.

Green Rubber had initially planned to hit the London Stock Exchange in 2008, but with the global financial crunch on, they delayed. Bruce Willis sued them for his money back for that.

They still aren't listed on the LSE, but have announced an intended flotation - probably go for either OFEX or AIM which caters more to alternative investments.

According to Bloomberg, in 2010 "Green Rubber Sdn Bhd has extended its deal with US-based giant footwear company Timberland to make athletic shoes, boat shoes and boot soles from recycled latex."

So far, haven't found anything about Green Rubber being "defunct".

middleagedcrazy

Am really laughing too hard at this.

Wonder how many times a month big names get sued?

Tee hee

chris

Tellthetruth59 7 minutes ago
------
Hey There TTT59 - not sure if it's a good idea to point out breaking a commandment especially on a MG story (thou shalt not covet thy neighbors wife - Exodus 20:17 - New Testament) see below:

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

To covet is to have the strong desire for the possession of others' specific personal properties or relationships, going beyond simply admiring someone Else's possessions or thinking "I'd like to have one of those." Coveting includes envy - resenting the fact that others have what you don't. So if your neighbor has a beautiful wife and you begin thinking " I'd like to have her for my own," you are therefor coveting.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_the_Bible_mean_by_'thou_shall_not_covet_thy_neighbour's_wife'#ixzz1POUHS7a0

God-Is-Busy

You ganged up over the last years and made my life HELL. I will repay you, for I never harmed anyone. You struck me for no reason, but that I was weak. I WILL HURT YOU.

Tellthetruth59

@Chris - I get that Mel coveted his neighbor's "ox" and he rues the day :-)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

God is Busy is starting to sound like scorned Ox face.

HangoverPictures.com

Recycled Rubber? Who wants to reuse a condom? Like shampoo instructions... apply, rinse off and repeat.

Tellthetruth59

New pic of Mel posted over on IMDB:

Curious

Tell -
Oh, that's a nice picture of him, thank you for posting it.