Anthony Weiner Heckled

As He Resigns From Congress

6/16/2011 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anthony Weiner just resigned his seat in Congress, as people in the room heckled him.

061611_anthony_weiner_video
Weiner apologized to his constituents and to his wife.  He said he was announcing his resignation because of the distraction he caused.

When Weiner said he was resigning, applause erupted in the room, and hecklers began chiming in, making it difficult for Weiner to continue.  One of the people in the room -- Benjy Bronk from the Howard Stern Show, screamed, "Are you more than 7 inches?"  Another screamed, "Yeah, get out of here pervert."

As he walked out, one heckler asked, "Will you maintain your hot physique?"

tmz-top-comments-banner
Kathy Kathy

Sad case. Sad man. Looks like its going to be difficult for him--can't blame anyone but himself.

Celebrities Suck Celebrities Suck

good lord, why are people making it such an issue at least we all know he's normal. Most of the people that are yelling out are probably perverts themselves. "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw the first stone"

jxtr jxtr

It's a shame that an ignorant person, or persons were shouting vulgar and inappropriate language during the press conference. This type of behavior is not funny and not warranted. This person(s) behavior demonstrates the stupidity in our society.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Roast_Beef Roast_Beef

Nice to see the House taking out the perverted garbage.

Jj Jj

I remembered his speech on benefits for 9/11 first responders. Among other things, to ruin all his hard work with something so...stupid is a major disappointment.

Crystal Crystal

Why don't female politicians ever have sexual scandals?

Kathy Kathy

Celebrities Suck Celebrities Suck

jxtr jxtr

John

Kiko 54 minutes ago:
"I'm leaving government in order to spend more time with my penis..."

LMAO! Good one!

BBMan

LOL !! ARE YOU MORE THAN SEVEN INCHES! GOOD ONE!

Thing is, a*****eful and condescending as he is, you KNOW he wanted to show his true colors.

Hey, nobody but ANTHONY WEINER is responsible for ANY of this. He's the one to blame, I have ZERO sympathy for him.

REALLY ashamed for him that the didn't even say he was sorry to his parents. I mean really.

What a loser.

But he still gets all the perks after resignation- he nor his family will ever have to pay for health-care, etc. he'll still rake in hundreds of thousands a year, if not more. He'll go on to book deals, movie deals and speaking engagements. Nothing bad going to happen to the weiner.

And the democraps will simply elect another worthless hack into his office. It's lose lose however you look at it.

Flying Blind

If i'm correct, he gets paid a large % of his salary for life.

george clooney

This perversion is the same as being gay....so I wonder how many of you who are blasting away at this guy is gay? Well, I already know for a fact that EVERY gay guy makes comments on here and it's only me and 4 others who are straight...so tell me you gay people, who is the hypocrite?

Ro

I don't get it! Apparently, I do not see what these women see because he is not that good looking to me and I have seen a better body. Help me try to understand the attraction here! Before knowing what was going on with him just seeing him made my skin crawl. Anyway... moving on to the next topic please!

LasVegasDDS

The heckler stole the show. "Are you more than 7 inches? The public demands to know." And also "Were you fully erect?" LMAO

Lou78Jr

I love how Democrats and Republicans act like this politician is the first politician to have a sex scandal. I do not trust any politicians when they come out criticizing Weiner, God knows what some of these politicians are doing behind the scenes.

Fred Farkel

Ro less than a minute ago

____________________________________________

Apparently you missed the memo.

In the year 2011 - virtually ALL women are f*cking NUTS.

Nothing they do... nothing they say... makes a lick of sense.

CA Girl

To BBMan - you're the man! Well said. I agree. He will become richer than he ever imagined now that the collective MSM is tripping all over each other to offer him a job. Bet on it. We have not seen the last of this - uhm - man - and he will not go gently into that good night. Be warned. He will stick like glue to anyone who will pay him big bucks. He knows it. He's already been informed of it. And we will not be rid of him, which will make Alan Colmes a very happy man.

mannequin

With all the corruptness going on in our government today, it's funny we focus on a man's penis. He made history over his penis, and it wasn't all that.

jack-55d79

Nothing like his opponents being benificent in victory to show they have the moral high ground.

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

@george clooney 3 minutes ago

------------------
This statement made me laugh because you know most guys here are gay, and YET you like to hang out with them and obviously enjoy teasing them with your comments to get their attention. :)

Dawny Babes

The headline should read "Weiner pulls out early."

Chris Brooks

Who should resign next? Nancy Pelosi and the Democratic Leadership. Anthony Weiner has announced he is resigning today, meanwhile the Democrats wonder why they can't get us young progressives fired up. If 1/2 of them including Nancy Pelosi had the guts to stick up for accountability and against corporate lobbyists and disinfo as much as this man did we'd own this country. Who's going to fill his shoes and demand impeachment of Clarence Thomas, Supreme Court Justice? Who's going to stand up to Citizen's Untied? The leadership of the party is a farce.

Shack