« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gay Rights Org. Calls Malarkey on 'Anarchy' Claim

6/16/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A powerful gay rights organization claims Super Bowl hero David Tyree is wrong -- legalizing gay marriage will NOT send our country into a state of "anarchy" ... and there's proof all over the world.

0616_david_tyree_hrc_getty_ex

A rep for the Human Rights Campaign tells TMZ ... "Anarchy? Hardly. Committed gay and lesbian couples have been able to legally marry in five states and the District of Columbia — not to mention a number of foreign countries — for years now and cows are still giving milk, little boys are still pulling little girls’ pig tails, and we still drive on the right side of the street."

The rep adds, "New York’s passage of this law will result in nothing more than a more just and equitable society."

Jarret Barrios -- President of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation -- ain't holding back either, telling us, "Tyree’s statements are as misleading as they are ridiculous, and do not accurately reflect the growing acceptance that we're seeing from sports stars like Charles Barkley, Steve Nash, Sean Avery, Brendon Ayanbadejo, Scott Fujita and fellow former Giant Michael Strahan."

061611_david_tyree_videoAs TMZ previously reported ... the former NY Giants star took a very hard line against gay marriage during an interview yesterday with a faith-based organization called the National Organization for Marriage.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Shady

Don't back down! You have every right to speak your mind! I'm sick of sitting here being quiet while they go on and on about their marriages. I just don't believe in it! They are going at it too hard!

To the point it's like a record skipping over and over. Giving me a headache. I don't really care what people do - live your life, go for your dreams. But I'm not for gay marriage. Gay Union possibly. I just can't read about the same complaint over and over ...and them ruining others careers for it. I'm sick of it now. Enough is enough.

NAZI HOLLYWOOD! Couldn't pay me enough to work or live there. My way our you're OUT! No real open mind I thought being a liberal was. In many issues I"m very liberal, but not on this one. Gay marriage - no.

You might get further on your cause if you gave it a rest for a while. You have gone on OVERLOAD for over a decade, hardcore in hetros faces. I've had gay friends from back in the day. I dated a girl for a while when I was around 23 and exploring. Decided I was indeed straight. Really she did seduce me. and she was beautiful.

Another thing guys, you got medical issues you might have to deal w/on your end. I don't hate on gays. I don't even harbor hate for those that really screwed me over in life period straight/gay. That's how non-angry a person I am. But this is enough. Costing people jobs if they say a gay thing you don't like.

Hollywood bans them cause they don't approve, even tho they are not causing problems. Thought Police. Liberal America. It's changed since the great 80's. Till 9/11 happened and the PC BS started. Then the world went crazy on all these issues at once.

Country falling apart because SOME can't take another's different opinions! Left VS Right! I'm sick of it. This is the USA! We're supposed to some how get along.

I think we need to respect each others opinions without all the drama! I'm done with it. and today is the only day I've posted on it. I just had to speak up. Ya'll are wearing me out with this gay marriage SCREAMING and bashing if we don't agree w/gay marriage. It's not right. You're trying to take away our free thinking! My thoughts are mine!

washout22

You can be catagorized by a race, but not an action. Getting up the shpinkter does not make you a different race, but a deranged human. its unnatural and abnormal. We cant start defining people by abnormal sexual actions. What next...marrying animals to people, or marrying objects, or marrying siblings? were trying to have a society here so FIND A GIRLFRIEND AND QUIT GROSSING US OUT!

ronnie

What a idiot! Gay couples are already together having a marriage certificate is not suddenly going to cause wide spread pandemonium. Anyway when did a professional football players opinion on gay marriage start to matter? What a moron.

Not my bowl of rice

I bet ya he doesn't even know the meaning of the word ANARCHY. ;-)

Heidi

Shut the hell up!!! All these damn gay rights groups. Stop ramming it down our throats....no pun intended!!! ALOT of people don't agree with gay marriage, we don't have to. Stop bitching constantly!!!

KALKevin

I have to laugh at the idiot screaming "NAZI HOLLYWOOD" on a TMZ message board. Oh the irony!!! LOL

D

I got one word for ya.....GOATSE.
Google it.

paigehop

Human Rights Campaign: Eat more sh*z, suckahs!!! Ba-hahahaha... No amount of bullying is going to make this man change his stance! OMG, I can't imagine how many man-panties are in a wad over this!

Free speech??? France is a picture of what this country is becoming. There is zero free speech there.

KALKevin

First of all, nobody is attacking Tyree's right to free speech. He can say what he wants. At the same time, we can criticize him for his monumentally stupid comments. That's what free speech is all about. So stop whining about his free speech, since nobody is standing in the way of his choice to make himself look like a total idiot.

Second of all, those of you who claim you are "sick" of gay people fighting for our rights, we'll "shut up" when you stop trying to deny us equal protection under the law.

St James III

Race and Sexual Preference as a comparison for the gay marriage issue seems more and more common these days. As soon as opposition is voiced against Gay Marriage a race based comparison is immediately cited. I don't believe these comparisons are entirely valid despite the similarities of the goals behind both movements with respects to equal rights.

When you speak on Race and The Civil Rights Movement you're talking about an all out federally mandated effort to establish that Black People are sub human creatures at one point in American history.

The Gay Marriage issue is predicated on redefining the definition of "marriage" to make it apply to those who practice homosexual relationships so those individuals can enjoy legal benefits of a marriage. I'm sorry but this is apples and oranges but I can see how people easily draw the comparisons but the fact of the matter is this.

The Government never mandated that people who practice same sex relationships are less than fully human. There were never "homo only" water fountains. While there has been violence towards so called "gay people" there has never been federally and locally lawful public beatings of "homosexuals".

There's no way around the fact that RACE is a "STATE OF BEING" and Homosexuality is a "SOCIAL PRACTICE". This gets lost in the debate for some reason.

I think these "gay rights" organizations treat homosexuality as a state of being and thus feel they are on equal footing with the Civil Rights movement when actually it comes across more as efforts to force others to accept their Social Practices.

Bottom line and this is for everyone concerned, gay or straight. "Some" People who regard themselves as "Gay" might want to understand that nobody is obligated to agree, condone or accept their social practices and that doesn't make them ignorant or intolerant if this is the case. People are entitled to their own value systems in this country.

"Some" people who regard themselves as "Straight" might want to understand that "homosexuality" is not going away. No matter how much you disagree with it the bottom line is that it's not your place to condemn anybody or take any physical action whatsoever to infringe on the rights and freedoms of those who practice those relationships. And it serves no purpose to paint doomsday pictures because you happen to disagree with the social practices of others.

In conclusion i'm of the opinion that Marriage is between a man and a woman. Anything outside of that is "alternative" in nature and should be defined as such...whether it's homosexuality, polygamy and so on.

Danny

First of all, it seems that anyone with an opinion against gay marriage is scrutinized. FIRST AMENDMENT PEOPLE!!! Secondly, what happens when/if gay marriage is legalized? Then we as a society will move on to marrying children. I mean, why not, it is SOME people's "normal." Then why not move on to marrying animals? Where do we stop? What's taboo now is taken by a minority and shoved in our faces until we blindly believe that it's normal. It's NOT!!! We should go by the laws presented to us in nature. Nature is a being of progression. Men and women have the "tools" to progress without science manipulating them. Do animals even dare touch on homosexuality? Not by choice. You place any two of the same sex in with one of the opposite sex and they don't even lower themselves to humanity's disgusting levels.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

PLEASE...THIS GUY WAS RAISED BY WOMEN...HIS FATHER PROBABLY LEFT HIS MOM CAUSE HE WAS GAY AND THIS FREAK COULD NOT ACCEPT THAT,,,,WHAT AN IDIOT A FOOL A STUPID FARCE OF A MAN!

Yono

OK Janet... so I am free to call you a raging b*tch.

chichifroglegs

wow reading the comments really just drives in how ignorant and bigoted a majority of this country really is. Rail for him under the guise of freespeech and in the same statement talk about how one person shouldn't have the right to marry the person they love. hypocrites.

Christopher R

Does this idiot realize that not too long ago, some people said the same thing about allowing Blacks to marry Whites. Or, even allowing Blacks to do much of anything. And, I'd say, if Single, Straight fathers can teach a girl to become a woman.....she has an even greater chance at succeeding with the help of TWO Gay Men.
As usual, this man's religion leads his thinking.