'Jersey Shore' Cast

Squeezing MTV For More $$$

6/17/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The "Jersey Shore" cast has put the screws to MTV for a FIFTH TIME -- negotiating new contracts for an upcoming season back in New Jersey ... and we're told, they locked down their biggest salaries yet.

0604_jersey_shore_ex_mtv
Plans are already in motion for a fifth season back in Seaside Heights -- but sources connected with the "Jersey" cast tell TMZ ... Pauly D, Snooki, The Situation and the rest of the gang refused to take part without signing new contracts first.

We're told MTV originally planned to shoot the new season under the terms of the Season 4 contracts -- but lawyers for the cast refused ... so MTV drew up new papers.

We're told the majority of the cast has already re-signed for a bump in salary -- not a HUGE raise, but still significant -- and the rest will sign this week.

The cast is scheduled to fly back from Italy on the 23rd -- and start shooting the new season in Jersey on the 26th. 495 Productions has not returned calls, and MTV had no comment.

Superman

Explain to me why any network needs these lowlifes? MTV could get a whole new cast of nobodies, pay them very little, and still have better ratings than this sh*t show. I bet most of the people that "see" 'Jersey Shore' are wasted or passed-out already while the TV is just ON.

dube blu

there is more disesis in that picture than in a 3rd world country.

nicole

I would be soooo embarrassed if I lived in Jersey. Look at all the lame azz shows, i.e. Jerseylicious, Jersey Shore, Housewives of NJ....they're all an embarrassment, and now Jersey will get kim kartrashian, haha! Stink up the State a little more. I don't even watch that dumb network anymore, I thought it was suppose to be MUSIC, huh?!

I cook 2

Its time to lose this bunch whiney brats and get a new cast. Perhaps some with people who are actually interesting & funny. I cant stand this group of nobodies. I would watch the show with all new cast.. I hope MTV will get rid of them.

Jim

anna about an hour ago

Love the show... (such a guilty pleasure!) MTV pay the ppl!! for having to put up with so many haters! Geez... we ask for drama and entertainment and the deliver! Keep it coming; it's never dry!

Poor Anna, sorry to hear about your problems. Please don`t have kids.

bigred

Can this asinine show!

Studley Buck

Ooooh, Snookie! She so fine. Give her more money.

samme21

MTV tell these idiots to take what you give or hit the road. These people do not deserve money just so they can go drink and just be stupid idiots. PLAY SOME MUSIC AND THROW THESE IDIOTS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!

Ive

Who watches trash like them? I would not waste a second of my time on trash like them, you could not pay me enough to watch them!

mildly insane

MTV = Mostly tits & VD

Meanie

Are you kidding me? Just do like the soap operas and kill em all off. Skanks and guidos, just make them dead, waste of space.

JimmyB

FIRE THEM!

Sloane

MTV needs to realize that these morons are more of a liability than an asset and dump them

RealityBites

MTV is so stupid, just go grab a bunch of new idiots off the street and you can have the same outcome....why keep paying more?

Elle0375

They are not even worth the paper money is written on. Their 15 mintues were over long ago.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments