« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Sara

Sharkhuntersfo: At least our beer is strong enough not to taste like pee. Unlike yours.

Sheila

As a Canadian I am totally disgusted with the behavior of the Canuks fans. They make me ashamed to be a Canadian....Where is your common sense.....

Office Bob

First, that looks to be a particularly wimpy flashbang...perhaps it's designed for crowd dispersal rather than stunning the occupants of a room?

Second, why did the cop (I'll assume it's a cop tossing the grenade) toss it as high as he/she did? With people that close there was a possibility the grenade might have bounced up before igniting, and burned someone's face.

Stace

get over ourselves? as a canadian im ashamed of these morons but better to start a riot over a court hearing? or football game? riot's are in fact a few people that want violence and start breaking things or burning things and then the drunken masses see this asa victimless crime and a crime they can get away with. Dont judge us by our worst examples lest the world judge you by yours...just saying

RM

@johnnyboy...and u sound like a little boy too. Yeah so little boy johnny doesn't know hes facts it seems. "Scratch under the surface of Canada and drug crime is rampant" is that all u could come up with lol...and its not even true..theres is a place where drugs are more than rampant only is ur country dumass. Just check the crime stats of EVERY CITY U HAVE THERE AND THEN COMPARE IT TO ANY OF OURS..not evebn close. Go back to playing ur xbox little boy and grow a brain before u speak it helps.

jessemosslover

These were not hockey fans, these were people planning to go down there to loot and riot.

nopenotokay

Rotter, you are a GOD.

Meanie

Cops should be allowed to shoot the f'ers in the head, dead. Waste of oxygen, waste of f'g space.

Ewwww

Anyone who watches hockey knows that the canucks and the habs have the worst fans in the NHL. Canucks fans are a bunch of idiots and they have no class so I'm not surprised that they did this.

Boonie

You Stay Classy Vancouver!

kayla

These fans that did this do not represent Canada as a whole, they were a crowd of almost 100 000 people, drunk, watching theyre team lose, it was pretty obviouse there would be a riot. I'm embaressed for them, and for myself because now everyone thinks all Canadians are like this.. WERE NOT!!!

Lady Di

As a Canadian, I am so embarassed and disgusted over this. Boston won...fair and square. Tim Thomas rocks......Roberto Luongo....YOU SUCK man!
congrats to the Bruins. I was in Boston last summer and loved it. Great town. Glad one of the Original Six won. Enjoy the cup. It is an honour!!!!

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Can you say fire crotch?!

Rainee

Kevin said:

"AND THEY SAY "BLACK PEOPLE ARE TOO VIOLENT"??!!?!??!
HA HA HA..!!!!
Well, YOU DID NOT SEE ONE BLACK FACE IN THAT CROWD...IN CANADA!!!!

HA HAHA....

THIS IS ONE SPORT WHERE IT'S ALLLLLLLLLL WHITE PEOPLE DOING WHAT THEY DO BEST: DESTROY EACH OTHER....

IF BLACK PEOPLE HAD DONE THIS THEY'D CALL IT A "RIOT", and NOT "FAN MAYLEY"..!!!!!!"

You're an idiot. There where white, chinese, japanese, philipino, indian, east asians, (East Indians to you), irish, scottish, german, english, light skinnned, dark skinned, long haired, short haired, female, male, old, young, employed, unemployed in that riot. Turn off BET for a moment and watch some news would you.

namedafteru

It is really sad the actions of a few non hockey fans have tainted what should have been a great night for real hockey fans. The true fans were the ones who stayed in the arena and appauled and cheered as opposing team collect their trophy. They were recogining a great end to a great series...not those idiots on the street who were looking for an excuse, win or lose.