« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I Chinee

@VanIsland

I find it hilarious that this is a post about Canadian fans rioting yet here you are talking crap about Americans. You know good and damn well if this was a post about a few Americans rioting,you guys would judge and say all Americans are like that based on the actions of a few idiots. And you guys being the bigger person my a**.

And good grief! I do believe the word ignorant has lost it's true meaning. Because you guys, a long with so many others will call someone ignorant just because they don't agree with you. And who gives a sh*T about spelling mistakes.. this is TMZ for f*cks sake!

Red Blooded

I just wanted to say that It pains me to hear all of my fellow Americans sound so unintelligent as to say that the Canadians "don't matter in the world" and "all they have is Hockey". It simply isn't so, those assumptions are far from correct. In addition to inventing the Space Arm, Canadians have invented so many things that you use to day such as the Washing Machine, Television, Telephone (Bell was a migrant citizen of Canada when he invented it), Digital Camera, JAVA Programming...
And the fictional Superman who fought for "Truth, justice, and the American way" was created by a Canadian Joe Schuster.
*Also, if you recall, fools in the city of Los Angeles rioted by burning cars and looting when the Lakers WON in 2009 and 2010. How quickly we forget.

tarathemick

Please, please, please don't paint all us Canadians with one brush on this one. This was sooooo shameful and embarrassing to see this. 1. they weren't CANADA'S team, pretty much all the east coast and Calgary were cheering for the Bruins. 2. these d-bags were not true Hockey Fans and as far as i'm concerned shouldn't even consider themselves true Canadian.

Doug

Stay Classy Vancouver!

Maddie Lynn

Glad I'm not trying to sell real estate in Vancouver right now!

Sahi

These people were just attention seekers. Looking for a reason to get drunk. The true fans are the ones that showed up at 7am this morning and helped clean up. Every city has its low lives.

jenn

As a Canadian I too am saddened by what I saw. Discusting!!! Fact is more than half of Bostons team is Canadian. So I see it as a win-win. Clearly those people had bad intentions win or lose.

Dt

I am a Vancouverite, I am not a hooligan. You can not call all Canadians or people of Vancouver hooligans for the bad behaviour of a small group of thugs. Most of these thugs don't even live in the city of Vancouver, they come from outside of the area.
Regardless of that, 2.2 million Vancouver citizens are outraged over the reckless behaviour of these young criminals. It doesn't mean Canada or Vancouver is a bad place to live. In fact I am proud of the large amount of volunteers that have taken to the streets today to clean up the mess. This has been very disappointing indeed.

Chances are we would have had the same result no matter who won. These young people had this planned long in advance.....so sad. I am still a proud Canadian.
Boston won fair and square, so congratulations Boston!

Rainee

Zanny the nanny...Your sports league?? YOUR SPORTS LEAGUE???? BWAAAHAHAHAHAHA

You really just said that?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

It started 2000 years ago in Egypt.

It started to take root as a modern day sport in the mid 1850’s by British soldiers staying in Nova Scotia, Canada.

It took a more formal setting at McGill University by students in Montreal, Canada in 1879.

Montreal had the first amateur hockey association in 1885.

It was first played in the US during the 1890's, and ONLY then did a semblance of a professional league take place.

A pro hockey league was formed in 1903 in the US which INCLUDED CANADIAN TEAMS (Montreal and Toronto) AS WELL.

So...Your sports league???? HAHAHAHA **** off.

Melinda Warner

I've never been more embarassed to be Canadian. I only wish more people were this passionate about things that really matter in the world like hunger/poverty/abuse etc. Canadians that do not condone that behaviour are feeling the shame everywhere. So pathetic....

CaleyVanular.com

YEAH NUGGET!

Koz

That's hot!

deborah

these are not Canuck fans. The city and the province of BC are embarassed by the lowlife idoits!

ChorizoSupreme

This is not the first time Vancouver does this. This also happened in 1994. So, what we have here is not an isolated incident.
What a great example of how "the Great White North" is better than the U.S. filled with "minorities."
Good job Canada, you just made Raider fans look like a civilized society!

steve

bunch of idiots... that being said... americans are still bigger morons.