« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Firefly

I was sitting here reading the comments from our friends in Canada and I am impressed with the sportsmanship they are showing by congratulating Boston on it's win. Then along comes one of our own from the USA flapping there lips and calling these people names. It not only makes us look bad but those of us that like Canadians don't want to be associated with that kind of immature banter. We see rioting and that kind of behavior here in the US so we shouldn't be throwing stones. I also feel sorry for the people who own the businesses and cars that were set on fire. Who pays for that?

Mitch

I am a Vancouverite and want to be really clear, these were not Canuck fans that did this. This was a group of thug losers who came downtown to cause trouble no matter who won the hockey game. There is nothing worse that 20 somethings boys fuelled with alcohol!

Today is a somber day here and the masses are disgusted and embarrassed that this happened.

I hope that any parents, coworkers, friend, etc that see anyone they know in the videos or pictures do the right thing and turn them in, this is unacceptable for our beautiful city.

Mimi

What happened in Vancouver was shameful and disgusting and really embarrassing for Canada. As a Canadian, the general public opinion ALL across Canada is that we are embarrassed by how a group of "angry young men" acted and it really does not reflect how Canadians, hockey fans, Canucks fans, or Vancouver residents live their lives. Most of these young guys were completely drunk and there were also anarchists involved (who would have started riots regardless of the game outcome) who were well-organized and obviously planned things out. They are cowards who covered up their faces and are obviously misguided. This group of anarchists went around and riled people up who were already drunk and upset. Out of the hundreds of thousands of people who either went to the game or watched it on the big screen, something like 90% were absolutely horrified at what happened. The police managed to be almost entirely non-violent. The whole thing is a complete disgrace not only for Vancouver but for all of Canada and it's ALL over the news here and EVERYONE is mortified at the actions of a bunch of idiots who make us all look bad.

shelley

re: jim 3 hours ago "The frustration of Canadians because they don't matter in the world.. Hockey is the only thing they can cling to for recognition and lose at that most of the time as well lol"

You are half right. I live in Vancouver and it is a notoriously boring city to live it. So, yes, hockey is unfortunately one of the only things people here have to cling to. BUT pretty sure Canada as a whole matters to the world.

This is riot #2 over stupid game and I truly wish the Canucks never make another playoff round. We're not worthy. There was talk as soon as we made playoffs that there would be a riot win OR lose. Police should have cracked down sooner and 'fans' that knew this should have watched from their homes or the 'burbs and not hung around to instigate the idiots more.

Kat

I am a Canadian..and I am ******* beyond embarrassed. This is NOT Canada. This is a group of drunk psychotic morons that need to GTFO of our country. I wish I wasn't from Vancouver Island right now.

Pro Canada

Generalizing all citizens of Vancouver and/or Canada because of a few hundred morons that had obviously come to that event with the intent to do damage makes you look like a complete idiot. Last time I checked hockey fans don't walk around with balaclavas in their pockets just incase. It's like saying footage of Rednecks committing acts of violence based on race are examples of all American residents. Give your head a shake.

Sienna Sacha

As an American I wonder if any of their ancestors immigrated to Detroit. . .or San Francisco. . ?. .just saying

CrazyOldie

did not deserve an NBA team, sure as hell don't deserve an NHL team. Disgraceful sore loser.

sweetdee88

dear canada,

when did you start to be cool man? let's party!

america

sweetdee88

i'm with Firefly; everyone needs to relax, this happens from time to time, it's no big deal. lets not all hem and haw over it. i'm kinda proud of them; it is okay to occaisonally be bad!

Dave

Why is anybody in Vancouver so surprised? This is exactly what we did the last time we lost the Stanley Cup finals. I'm a lifelong Vancouver resident, and I'm not a hockey fan. This is one of the reasons why. The Vancouver Police knew this would probably happen again, and they were totally unprepared. I'm still surprised they managed to get through the Olympics. Oh wait, they had to hire outside forces to come in to town and house them on cruise ships...

CCC

And these are the losers. What if they had won?

JenN

After reading through these messages I am more embarassed by the agression and ignorance posted than by the riots that took place last night. As a Canadian I don't approve of the behaviour, however I also have the insight to recognize the difference between calling a group of people out for their behaviour and undermining a whole country. The pathetic relationship between Canada and the United States is based on ignorance. Unfortunately as a country Americans have decided to become international bullies and like all bullies, instead of fixing their internal problems (poverty, crime, obesity) they focus their attention on a small ignorant few who live in other countries.

If you are so intent on demeaning a country as well respected and as successful as ours based on a riot, which is no greater than riots seen or experienced in your "great" nation - then enjoy, just know your ignorance is transparent.

KimL

Sad to see that a bunch of punks decided to make their city and the rest of Canada look bad. This riot had nothing to do with the outcome of a hockey game and more to do with them just being a**holes and wanting to start something. Whether the Canucks won or lost last night, the outcome would have been the same...there would have been a riot regardless as they showed up with flashbombs and were prepared to stir up trouble!!!

sharkhuntersfo

OHHHH Canada, Did someone insult their Beer?