« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Canucks Fan Takes Flash Grenade TO THE CROTCH

6/16/2011 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sometimes rioting can blow up in your face ... or in the case of this Vancouver Canucks fan ... it can blow up in your junk instead.061611_flashbang_still

tmz-top-comments-banner
eva eva

Being a Canadian, I am embarassed and shocked by the actions of the young people that have shamed our country with their behavior. I think there would have still been the same outcome if Vancouver had won, I hope the police throw the book a these hoologans when caught! BTW, Congrats to Boston, game well played!

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I’m sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

tmz-top-comments-banner
I'm not anyone I'm not anyone

As a Canadian, I am ashamed of these "people"!

Rotter Rotter

Great balls of fire!!!

UDntNo UDntNo

It is a GAME folks (Canadians), get over yourself.

eva eva

Jennifer Chow Jennifer Chow

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of many Vancouverites. This is truly an embarrassing moment in Vancouver the World has to witness. Unfortunately it was a large group of young men & women who had intentions of doing this no matter what the outcome of the game was. Can you imagine the horror for the parents who witnessed their child on the news behaving in this manner? Teach them a lesson and call the police because you're doing them a favor.

Lu Lu

Lends new meaning to the term, "Firecrotch."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Leanne

As a Canadian I am utterly ashamed of the reaction of these people. They are clearly not up standing folks in their community or Country.

j

So why exactly are we all being painted with the same brush??? 99.99% of us Canadians would never behave this way. So your comments of "way to go Canadians" is a load of crap. And saying that we are animals is like saying ALL Americans are fat, uneducated, trailer trash.....We pulled off the best Olympics the world had ever seen, voted by all the countries. So, yes it is most definately disgusting to see such behaviour. Happy these people are soo stuiped that they allowed so many wonderful crisp clear photos to be taken. I suggest if anyone recognizes anyone in the photos to PLEASE call them in!

RoxanneB

Hey don't lump all Canucks fans (or Canadians for that matter) together, these were not fans, they planned to riot win or lose and brought stuff with them to do damage to our beautiful city!! The true fans are the ones on the streets today voluntarily cleaning up the mess the idiots left. I love my city, my province, my country and of course my Canucks. The true fans are better then this!! I bleed blue and green, Go Canucks Go!! ♥

Lise

As a Proud Canadian and a Hockey...I would like to say..This incident does not reflect most of us. We as a nation, are very disturb by all the violence and distruction. We all need to take a step back and look at all the suffering around us, and to treasure what we have. Congradulations to Boston!..You deserve the cup.

clayton paull

these people do not represent Canada, the USA is so lucky they never have to deal with this type of behaviour.....LA riots ring a bell?

Eileen

Ummm... the reason the Bruins finally won the cup is because most of their players are CANADIANS. The reason the Canucks lost ... most of their players are NOT Canadians. And the guy with the balls on fire was probably stoned! It is Vancouver after all! And it's spelled Molson ... not molsen. That had to have been written by an American. Canadians know how to spell Molson! ;o)

Julie

I am very ashamed of the behaviour of these idiots as a Canadian and cetainly think its was an inexcusable way of behaving. But for the judgemental Americans on here, there have been riots in American Cities too for "so called games". Bottom line, the actions of a few idiots does not mean their entire Country are idiots.

Murphy

Please remember that these people DO NOT represent all Canadians. Not all of us 'Canadians' are this ignortant. Please stop blaming all of the Canadaians for a few peoples stupid and uncalled for behaviour.

Daniela

I am a Canucks fan, and this is a true disappointment. I watched the news for 2 hours last night because I was so disgusted with what our generation of people is doing to such a great city. Believe me when I say this, this is NOT a Canucks fan base. This is a group of spoiled teenaged brats who are embarrassing themselves and Canada as a whole. This taints Vancouver and British Columbia with a bad reputation and now we are all reflected as complete idiots thanks to those who deemed rioting as "fun." Its embarrassing knowing people my age are this ignorant. And fyi "PG," not all Canucks fans are animals, i'm not and will NEVER be in that category.

Sunshine

The individuals involved in these acts are NOT true hockey fans, they probably don't even live in Vancouver. These are individuals with an agenda to do harm win or lose. The rest of us are disgusted with what happened and that is why hundreds of volunteers are downtown Vancouver right now helping clean up and correct this behaviour. Those of you with comments like "canucks fan are animals' obviously have never met any of us. We clapped when Thomas won his award and we do serve players who attend our restaurants and don't urinate on your fans unlike the Boston fans.

Ashley

What a joke not only did you lose but you destroyed your city and embarrassed yourselfs good job Vancouver (and i say Vancouver cuz i didnt see the hockey team rioting) you should be embarrassed to call yourselfs canadians.

BC

I live in Vancouver and these idiots do not represent us, I am ashamed right now

Frank

I'm a Vancouverite and these people DO NOT represent what this city is about and what happened at every previous game. And. yes, these morons DO need to "get over themselves"! Shameful idiots!!

missnik

Before you make your judgements on Canada and Vancouver, the fact is these guys who started the riot had this planned win or loose of the Canucks game. This had nothing to do with the game at all it was just an excuse and to easily disguise themselves as Canuck fans to start a riot. As a person from Vancouver I am very embarrassed to have these people on the news and have them "represent" us. These are not Canuck fans.

Daz

Some of these comments are just as ignorant as the morons who decided to use the opportunity to simply be destructive. Specifically the comment from UDntNO and the "(CANADIANS)" comment. Take your head out of your ass. The HUGE majority of Vancouver Canucks fans, and Canadians alike are disgusted by the actions of the cro magnon thugs who participated in this nonsense. To lump CANADIANS as a whole into this group is ridiculous. I am from Vancouver and although this situation repulses me (and everyone else that I know), to assume that this was a true reflection on what the majority of Vancouverites and Canadians are like,is garbage. Trust me...99.9% of the decent people both fans and non fans are furious and disgusted with last nights events.