« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Legend Shawn Michaels -- Animal-Killing Machine

6/17/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ex-WWE legend Shawn Michaels is grabbing life by the horns -- and slaughtering it with a CROSSBOW ... killing all sorts of majestic wildlife for a new hunting television show.

0616_shawn_michaels_hunting_photo_launch_v2
The show is called "Shawn Michaels' MacMillan River Adventures" -- premiering next month on the Outdoor Channel -- but according to the show's rep, Shawn ain't just hunting for sport ... the guy actually EATS everything he kills.

We also spoke to Michaels himself, who tells us, "I am a Christian, I am an American, I am a family man, and I am a predator, and MacMillan River Adventures will allow my long-time fans and newfound friends to see what really makes Shawn Michaels the man that he is today.”

** Disclaimer: Animals were definitely harmed during the production of this show **

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

clara brown

Brad, you sound really hostile. Are all hunters this hostile? I'm guessing they are.

clara brown

John, it's actually much more wasteful and worse for the environment to operate factory farms to "feed the masses," as you say. But let's call it what it is and stop hiding behind this attitude of, oh, they're all just providing for their families! That's bull****! Hunters enjoy stalking and murdering/maiming as much as if not more than consuming their kill. The problem is, there is no respect for life, only selfishness and gluttony. And then they go on tv and show off their trophy. It's incredibly vulgar, and so what if they eat it? That just means they enjoy eating something that used to have a life. Great. That's special. Not. It's sociopathic.

John

I am a hunter, of course I enjoy hunting and EATING it. Just as I enjoy planting my garden, harvesting, and eating it. It puts food on my table and at the same time, with conservation. I see you ignored that fact I posted. It didn't fit your argument did it? Man has hunted animals since the beginning of time and will continue to do so.

Most hunters are huge advocates for nature and it's resources. You try to make is sound as we are mindless killers who go out every day and shoot everything we see. We are, in fact, conservationists. Part of conservation is control of the animal population. Without hunting, there would be no food for anyone.

As I said, the animal population would explode. They would consume everything edible. As a result, we would all starve to death, including the animals.

clara brown

LOL Yes! Let's see a show where hunters are stalked, killed, and eaten by predators that are actually impressive like bears and mountain lions who don't need to sit in the bushes and shoot a gun or arrow from afar like a sneaky jerk. The bottom line is that hunters like this guy, who go onto these shows and/or otherwise brag about how they just destroyed an animal's life, do it because they geniunely love to do it. It's a dysfunction, a sick compulsion maybe. Some people just enjoy violence and want to teach violence instead of compassion and that's what people like me find disturbing. Yes, I'm a vegan, I don't eat animal anything, but that's because I'm not selfish. We BREED animals so that we can then kill them, so maybe let's address that issue before we say things like, well, if we didn't kill wild animals, they would overpopulate the environment. That's only part of the problem, and there is no evidence to suggest that serious hunters, like this doofus, hunt because they're concerned about environmental issues like overpopulation and animals starving in the wild. Yeah, right. You know they could care less about an animals welfare or suffering. They just care about stalking and killing and then filling their maw with flesh, then repeating the ritual over and over again because it gives them a boner or something. People who kill animals because they enjoy it or because they're indifferent fit the definition of sociopaths because they are incapable of compassion, empathy, or remorse, just like people who kill people. If you can kill an animal without emotion, you're that much closer to being capable of killing a person without much emotion. Almost every serial killer you read about has a history of animal cruelty because there is a serious deficit of conscience when inflicting pain onto another living being. Hunters will make an animal suffer, and they don't give a ****,because they're selfish, period. Furthermore, all these people who you see shoving meat into their kid's mouths are almost always overweight and don't consume many fruits or veggies, so they're really just doing themselves and their families a diservice, but don't tell them that! I mean, does Shawn Wrestler look healthy to anyone here? Sure, he's all muscle-y, but otherwise he looks haggard and leathery.

en Todo Momento!!

awesome!! sign me up!! I ♥ Hunting

John

You just don't get it do you? Imagine what this world would be like if we were to stop killing animals for a generation. You would not be eating vegan. In fact, you would have to resort to eating meat or die. So is that what you want for your children and grandchildren? A world where those that refuse to eat meat starve to death? A world where animals that once ate plants are forced to become meat eaters of die? There is a balance to nature and hunters help to keep that balance.

clara brown

dh

"John, do you also support slavery? Because our American ancestors were slave holders. Just because people used to do something that they felt they needed to do to survive at any point in the past doesn't mean that mankind has to continue doing things that way. Can we not find a better way to eat and treat animals? Is that really too much to ask? I'm tired of hearing people say that it's who we are as human beings. It's not who I am! I don't have the urge or need to kill! Why do we have to act like that anymore? Talk about living in the past. It's done for sport, and it's portrayed as sport, as something done for fun. Well, I don't know a single person who kills things for fun, and I don't want to. Seriously. It's weird, it's disturbing, and it's unhealthy. Can't you find another hobby? You know, as a kid and now as a young adult, I have always been bothered by the sight of death, human or animal. Some people are actually traumatised by seeing something murdered. Not hunters! And they don't give a **** how anyone feels about their sport! Just so long as they feel good about themselves, everyone else can suffer and be upset by how they act and the lives they literally destroy because people have always done it. Oh okay, so let's just all revert back to the cruel human beings we used to be in prior centuries and carry forth that proud tradition of murdering animals for sport so that sad little men and women can feel like big, strong men and women. Brilliant."

Do you honestly believe that slaughterhouses are more humane? Just because it's behind closed doors and they do all the dirty work for you? You don't care about the welfare of the animals, you just want it to be secret and convenient so you can pretend to be morally superior while eating all the meat you want.

dh

I have yet to read one logical, well thought out argument against hunting here. It is pretty hard to make that stance if you don't even have the principal to stand up for what you believe in and NOT eat meat.

I was hoping at least one informed vegetarian would come here and offer a respectable opinion. I can only blame myself for expecting anything intelligent on a tmz message board I guess lol

John

Wow, I hunt, therefore I support slavery? LMAO. I wonder if the millions of black hunters support slavery too?

Why do you not answer my question? It's a fact. I'll say it again. If no one hunted, the animal population would explode and they would destroy their natural habitat, therefore destroying themselves. It would be a slow and painful death for all species. The plant eating animals would be the first to die a slow, painful death due to starvation, then, the meat eating animals would starve to death.

I will use wild hogs as an example. In the Southeastern US, they were not widely hunted for decades. Now, their population has exploded. They destroy entire crop fields overnight. They destroy the natural habitat that other animals rely on. They will also eat fawns, turkey eggs, quail eggs....

Without hunting, this will happen across the board and there will be no natural habitat for animals. Guess what animals will do? They will search for food. The food that comes from gardens grown by humans.

What will humans do?

Meatatarian

I've never seen a bigger bunch of ignorant whiney babies in my entire life. WHAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Shev

What I find most disturbing on this page is the people who claim to be for animal rights are proposing violence against humans as a response to hunting. How can you care MORE about the life of an animal than that of a human? Especially since, as John has already said, most hunters are conservationalists and take care of the environment, as well as the fact that the animals are killed more humanely than they are in slaughterhouses.

All he's doing is bypassing the supermarket. I've never hunted. Never gone fishing. And I used to be against the thought of it growing up until I did some research and educated myself.

Vix

Oh, buddy... this really gets me going. Why? Because every single one of you are hypocrites. How else do you eat meat? I'm sure you're all vegetarians, right? I don't hunt, because I wouldn't be able to stomach it, but Shawn doesn't do it just to KILL AN ANIMAL; he does it because he'd rather not buy it from an over-processed grocery store that bought it from a farm or mill that did God know what to the poor thing!!! Read his Twitter. His family ONLY eats meat that they have hunted. You people have no right to judge him or anyone else for that matter. Yes, I don't really approve that he's making a show about it, but hello... they make shows that the general public is wondering, "Why televise that?!" all the freakin' time! Get a clue!!! He's not harming anyone! He's getting his meat the old fashion way and the healthier way! You know us non-hunters let someone else do the dirty work for us, but we still enjoy it just the same. We're still just as guilty. Hypocrites.

Brian

I'd love love love to go with and bag some fresh game. Rock on Shawn. Next up, long pork - and I'd be totally down with that.

JuJu

"Shawn Michaels reportedly used sweet chin music to kill the animal."