« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

McCourts Will Sell Los Angeles Dodgers if Jamie Wins

6/17/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Frank and Jamie McCourt just settled part of their divorce property dispute, but the headline ... if the judge decides in August that Jamie has a piece of the team, the Dodgers will be sold.

0617_mccourtsd_BN

Lawyers for Jamie and Frank said ... if Judge Scott Gordon rules on August 4 that the Dodgers are community property -- giving Jamie a 50% interest -- the team will be put up for sale.

Once sold, each will get 50% of the net proceeds.

If Judge Gordon rules the team is Frank's separate property, he keeps the team but he has to pay Jamie $100 million.

And, if Frank keeps the team, Jamie gets all the mansions except one -- Frank gets to keep the Montana Yellowstone property.

0617_mccourts_launchBut there's a hitch.  The whole settlement is predicated on the Fox deal going through -- which would give the Dodgers a $385 million advance on the $3 billion broadcast deal to cover the teams bills, including payroll.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

James

Who's that man in the back of Frank?

Brian

Look at her? IS she part man? She has more wrinkles in her neck than a thanksgiving gobbler?

There's a problem here

The more I see of these wealthy people the more I'm glad I'm common folk. She was good enough for him to marry in 1979. He probably had a string of women and maybe she had a string of men but they had a freaking UNION and so it should be divided. Shame on them if they got married for the wrong reasons.

LBjim

Get this done and move on. Shame on them destroying my Dodgers. Jamie is just a nasty c##t! She should be put in the desert with all those other lizards, so she will be close to her nearest relatives..LOL!

MP

Oh the problems of rich people. Cry me a river.

bendernet

Eh, rich people. I don’t really pretend that I understand them, so I’m just snarking here. I just hope that when they take over baseball teams they do the right thing and plow an insane amount of money into players, try to keep a lid on beer prices, make sure the team’s announcers aren’t awful and at least pretend to be happy when the team wins.

niles

Just another example of why straight marriage should not be allowed.

wasted days and wasted nights

Be nice to each other, rich people. At the end of the day, we're all just temps.

Fred Farkel

Frank.

BABY!!!

Did you see me last month at the DOdgers home game with The Padres?? I had a jersey made up special.

"McCOURT"

Folks loved it.

Anyway. Franky???

No matter what it costs - please ditch that THING.

Thank you.

writenow

Why has everyone missed the point? The main thing is one man is deciding the future of the Dodgers, and it's not the owner.

Moral to the story? Once you file for divorce, you have invited the state to micro-manage Every aspect of your life.

No comment

What was the big court deal months ago where the hung up on the word included vs excluded? I thought that hearing determined they jointly shared the team. How long have they lived in CA? What are the 'community property' laws where they spent the majority of their marriage.

The other issue, the Dodgers televise home games and the stands are half empty. In the NFL they blackout games that are not sold out. How is MLB going to allow FOX to televise games where the stands are half empty? Televising something for free does not encourage fans to go to the ballpark.

Norba

The resulting bitterness, for both, must be almost un-handle-able.

Laying-waste to someone you once loved.

Norba D

TexasBlonde

Wow, time has not been kind to her. She does look more manly than her husband in her facial features.

Abe

And there is a less than zero chance that Jamie will lose that trial. The Dodgers are clearly community property. I am marking August 5 on my calendar as a day to CELEBRATE!

x

John

Neither of these men should get crap. They have used the Dodgers as their own little bank and spent all the money on themselves.

In this instance, both should be stripped of all their worth and sent to Haiti to work manual labor helping those people get their lives back together.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments