« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

McCourts Will Sell Los Angeles Dodgers if Jamie Wins

6/17/2011 9:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Frank and Jamie McCourt just settled part of their divorce property dispute, but the headline ... if the judge decides in August that Jamie has a piece of the team, the Dodgers will be sold.

0617_mccourtsd_BN

Lawyers for Jamie and Frank said ... if Judge Scott Gordon rules on August 4 that the Dodgers are community property -- giving Jamie a 50% interest -- the team will be put up for sale.

Once sold, each will get 50% of the net proceeds.

If Judge Gordon rules the team is Frank's separate property, he keeps the team but he has to pay Jamie $100 million.

And, if Frank keeps the team, Jamie gets all the mansions except one -- Frank gets to keep the Montana Yellowstone property.

0617_mccourts_launchBut there's a hitch.  The whole settlement is predicated on the Fox deal going through -- which would give the Dodgers a $385 million advance on the $3 billion broadcast deal to cover the teams bills, including payroll.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Abe

And for all you people moaning about how bad Jamie looks, don't you think Frank could fork over a few bucks to have a dentist do something about his lower teeth?

x

Norba

Jamie's legal-team, her lawyers, come out the worst in all of this.

Big smiles on their face as they head into court, cracking wise, giggling, making jokes.

While an owner struggles to hang onto his team, and with major league baseball, for one ... breathing down his neck.

All of the pressure, or so it seems, on Frank McCourt.

Maybe fun and funny for these lawyer(s).

But they come off as obnoxious and callous.

Norba D.

Toby Weymiller

She makes me hard. He is an old fool.

dd

People please learn a lesson from her and STAY OUT OF THE SUN!

you know it

Team Jamie! I'm tired of all these old fart men who put money before relationships. I hope Frank loses big time! I'd laugh so hard.

Celebrity Birthday Girls

Wow, the McCourt split seems like an expensive divorce. It always amazes me when successful people have such sketchy financial planning.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

I'll bet the players & their fans are thrilled with these people. Now they're making their problems someone else's problems, & they have no business doing anything like that. They typically are only thinking about themselves & not who's really important. Way to go, rich folks.

fran

I was thinking also that she looked like a guy with makeup and long hair...hmmmmmm

Horndog

Part of any settlement should include the McCourt's moving out of California, permanently.

C

DAMN who is that lizard-woman behind him????? Yeah, I know it's his wife, but DAMNNNNNNNNNNNN....................

Tony

Sorry, but there must be at least one new girlfriend in this deal, just look at her! Who would really want to wake up next to that!

Paranormal Investigator

is that a cross dressing leslie neilson in back of him?dirty disgusting money hungry old burned up hag.

Fred Farkel

John3 hours ago

Neither of these men should get crap. They have used the Dodgers as their own little bank and spent all the money on themselves.

In this instance, both should be stripped of all their worth and sent to Haiti to work manual labor helping those people get their lives back together.

_______________________________________________________

Um. Hate to break the bad news to you pal... but we business owners tend to look at our busnesses as money machines (I think of my business as a couple of little oil wells up on a hill that hum along and make money 24/7).

That's the way it works, fool.

Frank has 2,000 oil wells up on that hill in Los Angeles. I have 2 oil wells on my little hill in the midwest.

We enjoy spending money and I for one - enjoy flicking boogers on idiots like you - whilst I drive by in my purple (yes, purple) Azure.

Oh as for giving the money to Haiti??

Oh wake up and just burn your money in a bonfire. At least you'll get the advantage of some heat.

CCC

Please sell the Dodgers and let's get back to baseball. Enough of this crap, Frank. You put a spear right through the heart of a once great organization.
And all I can say to his wife is, "Gobble, gobble. Gobble, gobble."

Betty

Oh my. And all I want to do is to be able to get my utility bills caught up. Sad.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments