Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

marcusb

Republican my ass!

Mike

R.I.N.O.

mar

God Bless Him!!!

Mikey M

To all the H8ers on this board. Go read your bible.
This guy did the right thing.

igal

brave and principled public servant who is NOT looking into the future in terms of 2-4 years, but rather thinks of the future in a global and smart manner.
Those opposing gay rights and gay marriage are old and stale. They are as far behind the curve as those who opposed the introduction of the car or other technological advances. They are immaterial to the public discussion because they are trivial and irrelevant individuals.

redwriter

This guy rocks! I had given up hope that there were any Republicans out there who are also real people.

elpablo

OK, now his constituents need to be sure to hold him accountable and vote him out of office ASAP. It's extremely dangerous to society to have people with this type of mindset and lack of judgment holding public office.

Danielle

roberg

----------------
How has he given up on his morals? he is not marrying a gay person. He is also in government for the people, not for his own personal good.

Anon

i really couldn't care less about gay marriage.
I care about the economy.
I think adam and steve are more concerned about jobs now than whether the state says its ok to husband and husband

en Todo Momento!!

so the senator is saying that he would be a-ok, totally happy and fine with the fact that his homosexual son was going to legally marry his homosexual partner? i highly doubt this, and i think he'd cry before he'd be happy for his homosexual son.

Danielle

elpablo about a minute ago
--------------------
What lack of judgment? Just because you don't like something does not mean it is wrong.

mrspatrickcampbell

The only people pushing 'gay marriage' are those who stand to make some big money from it, like divorce lawyers.

Remember: gay marriage = gay divorce also !!!

Dakota

Oh my gosh! I think I want to marry this man ! It's so seldom we hear a voice of reason from the political arena that I'm overwhelmed. I'm moving to New York so I can vote for him.

Danielle

en Todo Momento!! less than a minute ago
--------------------
Why do you care who gets married? Where does it say he has a homosexual son? Why does it matter if two adults of the same sex, that are unrelated and o****e, make a legal commitment to each other? How does it affect you?

elpablo

@Danielle, thinking the perversion of homosexuality is OK. It's not just about whether or not I don't agree with something, it's also logic, common-sense, thousands of years of human history, and most importantly, nature.