Republican Senator: 'F**k It,' Gays Should Marry

6/17/2011 11:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Republican New York State Senator Roy McDonald has SHATTERED party lines in support of gay marriage -- telling reporters, "F**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

0617_roy_mcdonald_bn

The battle rages on in New York to legalize gay marriage -- but McDonald threw his hat in the ring earlier this week ... with the greatest statement of all time, claiming, "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing."

"You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, f**k it, I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing."

"I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

With McDonald's support, the gay marriage bill is only ONE vote shy of being made into law -- which would make New York the sixth state to legalize gay marriage.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Good for him!!! His constituents should be proud to have a man like him representing them. It's refreshing to see someone who votes their own convictions and not the party line.

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

The more America continues to turn away from God and his teachings; we will continue in a downward spiral. We are slowly elimintating God from our country, and look at how we are declining as a nation.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Lyell Lyell

Mr. Clean Mr. Clean

Yes! "F*** it, do the right thing" Words to live by!

SUN SUN

mary mary

Another coward buckling under and choosing GLAAD over GOD. Big eternal mistake.

Michelle Michelle

I love the idea of our country growing up, finally we may get to a point where everyone is really equal.

MIDNIGHT TOKER MIDNIGHT TOKER

well they should get the benefits but marriage? nahhhhhhh if everyone was gay we all would be dead....it takes a man and a woman to futher the population......

Kathy Kathy

A Republican who has a mind of his own!!! Never thought I would see that. Good for him!

Lynn Lynn

LOVE it! I wish more politicians would say f--- it and do the right thing!!

roberg roberg

Horrible of him to give up on his morals. He lost himself to being pushed around and bullied into a decision he is clearly not satisfied in making.

Max

And I thought I didn't like Republicans. Awesome.

KG

Now that is a real republican, not the one of the BS *******gers that has taken over the party....keep it up Roy

BUB

TMZ! You need a "like" and "dislike" button for these comments!!! This is hilarious!!!

Jose

People like this is what the World needs more. Congratulations to all New Yorkers from Brazil!!!!!!!!!

shannon

this is where the rubber meets the road. first and foremost, our reprenatives are there to REPRESENT US, not wildly and without concent of the people he represents (a majority)run off of the mouth how HE feels about something. the proper responce to any issue is to express what those he represents have indicated they want him to do! he is not following what he was elected to do unless he has the majority of those that elected him solidly behind his flapping mouth. if he is NOT representing the majority, time everyone write him demanding he either follow the voice of the people or resign!

Carrie

OMG, a politician with scruples. I'm so sick of these Republicans and Democrats acting like gang members, like it's all or nothing or you can't be in our club. Maybe they should wear gang colors.

Whoever this man is, I applaud his honesty.

Joe

It's people like Kathy who crack me up..After watching a clown get elected to thw White House because mindless sheep saw a rock star, I have to ask who really are the smart folks..Would it be the liberals like Kathy who always tell us how smart they are? Liberal Arts degree I'm sure or a person that is not afraid to stand up and say I DON'T AGREE WITH AN ISSUE???

paigehop

A turncoat bending (pun intended) to the powerful minority. His constituency needs to kick his obviously-worn-out ass outta office.

SICK B*STARD!

adam

It's about time! A politician who isn't worried about being "politically correct"--what a concept! This is awesome!

paigehop

YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8.YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8. YES TO PROP 8............................

Dragon Tattoo

Wait, those this mean that new yorkers don't get a vote? Anyone know, is this how law are passed without votes ?

machoman savage

He sold his soul to the devil !

anony-mouse

Roy McDonald for PRESIDENT ***** Yeah!

ghfghfg

if your not a helpful person you can **** OFF

ghfghfg

roberrgg u dont make sense he's still straight GO SENATOR MCDONALD!