Tracy Morgan

'Hey, Homeless

Gay Teens ...'

6/17/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan put on his serious face today in NY -- to meet with some homeless gay teens and victims of anti-gay violence -- in an effort to educate himself after his recent homophobic comedy act.

0617_tracy_morgan_glaad_bn

During the meeting -- organized by GLAAD -- Morgan spoke with two young gay people, Jayden Love and Raciel Castillo (pictured above, to the right of Morgan), who were forced to live on the streets after they were shunned by their families.

Afterward, Jayden and Raciel said, "We really appreciate that we were able to meet with Tracy Morgan ... We hope that our stories have the power to change not only Tracy's perspective, but those of any parent who may be struggling with accepting their child."

Tracy plans to go to Tennessee next week (the site of his homophobic performance) to apologize to the people he offended and to meet with the Tennessee Equality Project and local advocates.

Ashley

Tracy looks like he's forced to be there, definitely not that he's changed his opinion on this issue. Which parent on the planet would want their kids to be deviants and he's no different. Why can't these people go ask other homos for support as there seem to be so many of them now pushing their filth, and stop blaming their parents because these kids chose their disgusting lifestyle.

Marlene Murguia

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor [a]effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God. Do I need to say more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

detonator78

who cares we hear gay and all kind of types of people jokes suck it up

Max Smart

This makes me gag. The only thing that Tracey Morgan is sincere about is saving his career and reputation. The fakeness is unbearable. He didn't give a **** about these people 2 weeks ago. In fact he despised them. Too bad buddy, mud sticks. It makes me a little sad that people might fall for it. He's only sorry like a bank robber is sorry for robbing a bank about 30 seconds after he's been sentenced to 10 years in the slammer.

Marlene Murguia

I'am also very tired of the gay community! I'm so sick of how everytime a celebrity uses a gay slur, The gay community needs an apology. They don't deserve rights to marry, They deserve apologies! They make this world worst and worst everyday! I do not want my son to see two guys making out on TV it's gross and it's not normal. Another thing they will never be able to reproduce! ITS JUST PLAIN WRONG!

Dragon Tattoo

@marlena, by your logic, not even you is getting into heaven. We are all sinners, and yes even you have sinned and no sin is bigger than another. And you can't confess your sins to your priest, since he is another sinner just for being human. You may want to try Islam, they are hardcore with explosives...

twilightmom

MTV's interviews with the homeless kids and the Mother of murdered gay teen.
--------------------
Tracy Morgan Meets With LGBT Teens After Anti-Gay Remarks

June 17 2011 | John Mitchell

Earlier this month "30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan offended many with homophobic remarks he made during a stand-up show in Nashville. The comedian has since made several public apologies and announced this week that he had partnered with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation in its efforts to combat anti-gay bullying.
On Friday (June 17), in his first major project with GLAAD, Morgan met with youth from the Ali Forney Center in New York City, the nation's largest organization serving homeless LGBT youth. The actor also met with Elke Kennedy, whose 20-year-old son Sean was killed in 2007 in an anti-gay hate crime.
"Initially, he seemed very nervous, I think he seemed kind of frightened when he got there," Carl Siciliano, the head of the Ali Forney Center, told MTV News after the meeting with Morgan. "I don't think he knew what to expect from us."
Siciliano said Morgan was "very apologetic" and 'just wanted to make it really clear that he was there to apologize, that he hadn't meant to do this, that he was hurt by what he had done. He was repeatedly apologetic."
At the center, Morgan spoke openly with the young residents, including Jayden, who was rejected by her family when she came out of the closet. "It was an apology from one human to another and I really appreciated that," Jayden told us.
"Today, Tracy saw firsthand the toll that homophobia and anti-gay violence can take on a person's life," GLAAD President Jarrett Barrios said in a statement. "By meeting with LGBT teens left homeless because of who they are, we hope that Tracy has come to understand that so-called 'jokes' about gay youth are not just irresponsible, they are damaging."
The actor also spoke with Kennedy, an LGBT activist who travels around the country speaking out against anti-gay violence and rhetoric as part of Sean's Last Wish, an organization she founded in her son's memory. According to Kennedy, Morgan was so moved by Sean's story that he got choked up, saying, "You know, that should never happen. That's why my comments, the ones I made, are not going to be made again."
Kennedy said she believed Morgan was truly sorry for the comments he made, which included alluding to killing his own son if he grew up to be homosexual. "I feel like he made a commitment during this meeting to make a difference," she told MTV News. "He said that he was going to use his talent as a comedian to be an advocate for the LGBT community."
During the meeting, Morgan announced that he'll return to Tennessee on June 21 to apologize to those he offended during his stand-up act. While in Nashville, he also plans to meet with the Tennessee Equality Project and local advocates. What do you think of Tracy Morgan's efforts? Tell us in the comments

Paladin

On Bill Cosby's album / special "Himself" he talks about his kids acting up and his wife getting fed up and "beating" the children with a yardstick, and her getting especially fed up and telling him to go "kill" their son, and how him Mom used to threaten him when he acted up telling him "when your father gets home he's going to shoot you in the face with a bazooka, because he's always wanted to kill you!" It's funny as hell and the crowd eats it up.

I guess if he did that bit live today and there were child abuse victims and people who's kids had been killed in the crowd, he'd have to make the rounds apologizing for offending folks. And let's not forget to call child protective services to make sure the kids were safe. And put him on blast on TMZ for being a child abuser and potential child killer.

Hmmmm.... nevermind that seems a bit silly now that I think about it.

twilightmom

@Doug
What's the difference between a teen who is kicked out of the house because he is using drugs against his father's wishes and a teen who is kicked out of the house because he is engaging in deviant sexual activity against his father's wishes? Both involve childish impulsive pleasure driven animalistic desire that the teen is failing to control like a normal human and honorable member of society. In both cases, the father as an elder, is telling the child that behavior is not tolerated under his roof. The child is dishonoring and disrespecting his elders and the hand that feeds them. Therefore, they run away. These children are not "shunned", but choose to disobey their parents based on personal choice. They lack respect and deserve to be on the streets. I hope they have trouble finding food, because their choices have led to their condition. They deserve ZERO treatment and ZERO care from the public because they already rufused care that was given to them by their parents. Had they respected their elders, they would still have a home. Too bad, too sad. Note to the Liberals in the bubble: 95 % of fathers do not want a gay son. Get over it. It's called biology. Not religion.
-------------------------------

"...and his heart, was 3 sizes too small...."
"The Grinch"
Dr. Seuss.

twilightmom

@Alex
PLEASE excuse my last post directed at you! I'll freely admit I only read the first part, that was similar to Doug's post and stupidly commented before I finished reading yours! )=
I don't usually do stuff that dumb, truthfully.
Again, please exude my post.
My greatest apologies!
Tmom. {o:

crazy christmas pie

. . . .nothing sincere about this ACT of contrition. . . .funny, the joke's on him. . . .

God-Of-Lyf

So in other words, when we have a problem with someone or a lifestyle; we just go to a meeting so that the very thing we are against can persuade us to the way they believe? Ummmmmm NO. Not in America where until Obama takes that right away we can believe how ever we want to. Disliking gays is not an attack on gays. I hate guys who do it with goats, dead corpses, sheep ect. But I be damned if I'm gonna go to a meeting to make what they are doing seem right. Come on Morgan, Make a stand for whats right, for what you believe in!

Sloane

interesting to watch famous people rehabilitating their images

Morgan talking to gay youth
Gibson talking to Rabbis
Clinton talking to a minister

oh no wait...Clinton was talking to Jesse Jackson- who was also cheating on his wife--not rehabilitation but probably recounting tales of infidelity over cigars and brandy

Maria

Simply put, Tracy Morgan is a pig, always has been. This isn,t his first screw-up. I am sorry, but not surprised that he wasn't fired immediately. Now he's doing his Oh my God, I am so sorry promo, and unfortunately its working. Does anyone really believe this lying sack of s---. I personally wouldn't watch anything with him in it. Tina Fey says, thats not the Tracy I know. Right. Remember she also has Alec Baldwin on 30Rock. Another "loving" father figure. I rest my case. Maria

Larry

I truly agree ! Stand up and be a man for what you think is right or wrong. Gay men are the filth of this earth. Everything that crosses their minds is perversove.