Tracy Morgan

'Hey, Homeless

Gay Teens ...'

6/17/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan put on his serious face today in NY -- to meet with some homeless gay teens and victims of anti-gay violence -- in an effort to educate himself after his recent homophobic comedy act.

0617_tracy_morgan_glaad_bn

During the meeting -- organized by GLAAD -- Morgan spoke with two young gay people, Jayden Love and Raciel Castillo (pictured above, to the right of Morgan), who were forced to live on the streets after they were shunned by their families.

Afterward, Jayden and Raciel said, "We really appreciate that we were able to meet with Tracy Morgan ... We hope that our stories have the power to change not only Tracy's perspective, but those of any parent who may be struggling with accepting their child."

Tracy plans to go to Tennessee next week (the site of his homophobic performance) to apologize to the people he offended and to meet with the Tennessee Equality Project and local advocates.

Nicole

Funny, his rant was about gays whining. Isn't this how this whole thing got started. Comics make fun of EVERYONE!!! ALL lifestyles. Should gays get treated any different cuz they're gay?? F*** NO!!! STFU. You're going to a comedy show then you run the risk of getting picked out from the audience and made fun of for what you're frickin wearing. EVERYONE gets made fun of. It's just a f***ing joke. I don't like Tracy cuz I don't think he's funny, but the fact that he apologized and it doing this PR stuff, pisses me off.

erin

go tracy! he really seems to be making the effort to apologize. he may have meant it all as a joke, but his genuine reaction to the disappointment following his comments has proven that he is a kind-hearted human who's word may have jumped ahead of him for the sake of humor without thinking of the consequences. congrats tracy!! youre a good soul :)

Colin in the DMV

I got a question: what exactly does gay marriage threaten?

pegnew

I'm calling DOUBLE STANDARD!!!!! when Michael Richards(of Seinfeld
fame) pulled a rant - he was virtually blackballed by Hollywood!!!
But in THIS case, well, it's just ''Tracy being Tracy.''

Wait and see: after this great apology tour, ALL WILL BE
FORGIVEN IN HIS CASE!!!!!

robert

if you believe he's sincere i've got a bridge to sell you.

spencer pratts left nut

Yea he looks thrilled having to talk to those s#$t birds! get over it so annoying !

NelsonH

Great, great cause to visit (which more celebrities should go by) -- but he shouldn't be forced to do this. What he said was offensive, but it was in an act and Tracy is expected to say crazy things.

Loving Monterey

From this point on he will be afraid to say what he wants and how he truly feels. I'm not buying this about face. It's all for public relations!

He has been muzzled by the very industry that screams for Freedom of Speech but only when it fits their likes not their dislikes. You can say what you want as long as you don't anger Gay people.

I will not look at him the same anymore. How pathetic that he has been reduced to a puppet.

carson

I think it's wrong for anybody to be bullied for any reason. With that said,I also think that Tracy Morgan punked out to save his career.When did comedians have to start apologizing for something they said in during their act. He simply stated that if his son was gay what he would do, and how he would react to the situation.Just like gays have the right to be gay, Tracy have the right to not like gay's or not want his son to be gay. I think this world is going crazy, especially America. We can comment or crack jokes on everything and everybody, but gays are excluded now? Give me a freaking break.My point is not to bash gays, because GOD gave us the freedom of choice rather its good ones or bad ones. My point is what happen to freedom of speach.Tracy Morgan is a silly comedian for god's sake. He uses bad language during his act, which means no topic,gender,color,size,or anything else is off limits.I'm not gay bashing I'm simply saying ots a shame people have to lie about how they feel just to keep a job.Mainly speaking entertainment wise.I remember Tim Hardaway's co-worker on the set of a sports analyst show, asked him how he felt about his friend coming out with a book admitting he's gay. Also he asked Tim how he felt about gays.Tim replied "I grew up a christian and I believe what GOD says. That homosexualality is one of the abominations and he hates it.Not the people but the sin." As far as his friend that came out.Tim said that he was upset and felt betrayed for so many reasons. They looked at women together and his friend acted like he like women. So the only way he can look at his former friend is as a liar.He no longer trust him.I seen nothing wrong with his statement and he simply answered the question that his co-worker asked him. The next couple of days he was fired.That's wrong in so many ways. He has to lie to keep a job. Isn't that the same thing gays are going through. The one that are getting bullied.They admit that their gay and people beat them up. Gays feel that they should be aloud to be who they are.I agree they should be aloud to be who they are, but so should Tim Hardaway and Tracy Morgan.Especially Tracy Morgan, he's a freaking comedian. Everybody knows with bad mouth comedians you don't sit in the front.I say apologize for mistreating someone or bulling them,but don't ever apologize for who you are or what you believe in. If you have to lie to keep a job, then maybe that job isn't meant to be for you.

IrrationalNumber

*giggles* I do so enjoy reading anti-gay screeds from the "common man". It never fails to make me feel smarter.

Twitchy

Okay to all you homophobic bible thumpers, The world is changing, homosexuality is a way of life for some people and it's not right to bash someone because of it. You can have your opinion, but we live in the USA and everyone has the right to their own lives. Thanks

Steve

Wow, there's some really hatefull and ugly comments here. No matter ... what one sows, so shall they reap!

We can all work together both Gay and straight to find the solutions to our nation's poverty, hunger, and homelessness, and perhaps even the world's.

This is perhaps, too Christian for most Christians.

Whitey's Mom

Tracy is the latest victim of PC Bull**** and Manufactured Offense. GLAAD will now hold him hostage until they ruin his career.

Marie

jchancey 23 hours ago
Im so sick of these damn homos pushing their beliefs on everyone. I hate their lifestyle and everything they do is for attention. Why arent there any "straight rights" parades..lol..ya know why...because we are normal!!!! Our country has gone to hell and we are in serious trouble.

The world is full of homos and they are not going anywhere so do yourself a favor and jump over a bridge.

Marie

Colin in the DMV 4 hours ago
I got a question: what exactly does gay marriage threaten?

Homophobic heterosexuals are mad at the gays because the gays embrace the freedom to love who they want to love. The gays don't follow societies' rules. They follow their hearts. The homophobic heterosexuals don't want gay weddings to be legal because they are jealous that two men or two women can love each other while heterosexual marriages out there are collapsing with record breaking divorces.