Tracy Morgan

'Hey, Homeless

Gay Teens ...'

6/17/2011 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan put on his serious face today in NY -- to meet with some homeless gay teens and victims of anti-gay violence -- in an effort to educate himself after his recent homophobic comedy act.

0617_tracy_morgan_glaad_bn

During the meeting -- organized by GLAAD -- Morgan spoke with two young gay people, Jayden Love and Raciel Castillo (pictured above, to the right of Morgan), who were forced to live on the streets after they were shunned by their families.

Afterward, Jayden and Raciel said, "We really appreciate that we were able to meet with Tracy Morgan ... We hope that our stories have the power to change not only Tracy's perspective, but those of any parent who may be struggling with accepting their child."

Tracy plans to go to Tennessee next week (the site of his homophobic performance) to apologize to the people he offended and to meet with the Tennessee Equality Project and local advocates.

Mike

fake phony asssss

JosephHill

It's a barrel of laughs to trivialize the lives and emotional well-being of kids who are homeless and victimized (often to the point where they suffer serious physical injury and even death) usually at the hands of people with the kinds of attitudes expressed here.

"Political Correctness"? We used to call it "common courtesy" and empathy with the struggles of those who are different from our own--those whose lives we don't know anything about..those whose lives are routinely endangered for NO reason...those whose personal experiences are mocked and denigrated.

Way to go, all you folks who refuse to even TRY to understand the pain of these kids. You should be VERY proud.

dride

"good for him. with all the suicides of gay teens he is actually helping by bringing awareness!!"

no that is bad. We need less gay teens not more.

And Gays wonder why they are hated so much.

dride

At least Obama is still against gay marriage like 90% of the rest of the black community.

Reality

Joseph, the fact is, I am an individual with my own opinions. But now with all the whiners and their groups, I have to watch what I say and curb my thoughts, which DO NOT INCLUDE VIOLENCE AGAINST GAYS. IT IS POSSIBLE TO DISAGREE WITH A GAY LIFESTYLE AND EXPRESS THAT DISAGREEMENT IN WORDS. IT DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO HARM YOU PHYSICALLY. Get that crap out of here. To be honest, I'M SICK OF BEING REMINDED EVERYDAY THAT YOU'RE GAY. THAT'S IT. JUST GO ABOUT IT WITHOUT MAKING IT A SPECTACLE. Holy crap I could go on all day on THE HYPOCRISY OF HOMOSEXUALS AND THEIR RANTS AGAINST STRAIGHT PEOPLE, but I won't, it won't change anything. I DO NOT SUPPORT GAY MARRIAGE, NEVER WILL. That is all.

American Patriot

Whats next? Gays becoming President? They need to find Jesus.

American Patriot

You know that everyone in America would just be sooo embarassed and shammed if their kids would turn out "gay".....they should stop watching Ophra and turn to God

King Anton

Haha can we say damage control Tracy

American Patriot

Is Harvey Queer? or is he married to a woman? i hope hes straight....anyone know for sure.

secondman

He's probably married to a woman but a *** when he's around all his queer buddies.

JosephHill

"I was homeless in my early 20s. Never met a homeless gay."

I'm not surprised that you BELIEVE you NEVER met a homeless gay. Your statement bespeaks the kind of attitude that doesn't encourage personal disclosure. I wonder if you were routinely attacked or threatened JUST for (presumably) being heterosexual. I also wonder how many years you were homeless and estranged from your family for being (presumably) heterosexual.

Many of these kids were kicked out of their homes while they were still in their early 'teens. They've had to make do with whatever they can find to keep body and soul together. I can think of only one particular "job" that is available to 13 year-olds living on the street. They are undoubtedly a lot tougher and a lot more susceptible to the "harms" one finds on the streets than I could have been. I've been homeless a number of times as an adult; but it would be sheer arrogance for me to compare my situation to their's. Grow up!

Stiletto

"They were forced to live on the streets after their families shunned them."

WTF?! They are both well over the age when their families should have tossed them out for being moochers...gay or not. Get a feaking job...support yourself and your sexual perversions.

Black Becky

Harvey Levin is openly gay.

Brooke

That guy on the right has the worst weave I've ever seen. He should be the one apologizing for that monstrosity on his head.

writenow

Forget Tracy Morgan - I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact some parents toss their children out on the streets because they're gay. The parents should be charged with child abuse. But are they?