Anthony Weiner Is Worse Than ... ???

6/19/2011 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Anthony Weiner was drummed out of office for his salacious online antics during his off time. But plenty of politicians have arguably survived worse misdeeds.
0617_hollywood_squares_getty

So ... whaddya think?

Whaddya think now?

tmz-top-comments-banner
Mr. Clean tb

I'm shocked that even 8% thinks Weiner's scandal was worse than Edwards. John Edwards was having an affair while his wife was battling cancer and conceived a kid with the other woman. He then lied about fathering the baby and had another married staffer claim to be the kid's father. To top it off, he was running for President and could very well have been America's VP (if the 2004 democratic candidates weren't inexplicably the pathetic equivalent of the current 2012 GOP prez contenders.)

Mr. Clean Kelley

No reason for an adult to twitter or text message with a 17 year old girl. Ever. In my opinion that makes him way worse than the others. Even if he didn't send her anything sexual, can you imagine how her parents felt when they found out she was corresponding with him, in any way?

Mr. Clean Josh Laughlas

The only thing Weiner did wrong was lie. Although I'd have to say for most people that's the knee jerk reaction for being confronted with something you want to hide. The sending pictures part is pretty normal. Especially for guys. I just read an article about it and it seems that loads of people do it. People you would consider normal.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Mr. Clean tb

Mr. Clean Kelley

Mr. Clean Josh Laughlas

Mr. Clean Jasper

Let's be clear. What Weiner did would not have been a problem if he had embraced it and been forthright from the start. All that matters is his constituents and if they don't have a problem with him it's none of our business. But he didn't see it that way. So he lied about it. That's where he took a wrong turn.

Mr. Clean GG1000

In what universe did Edwards politically "survive" the scandal? His Presidential bid was scuttled, his mistress whored herself out to any magazine that would take her and waved the kid at the camera, his wife was anointed St. Elizabeth and became a symbol of good pissed on by a s***bag guy and I doubt his kids think much of him really. Yes, he's still alive, but that's about it. Oh yeah, and let's not forget the indictment!

Mr. Clean Hairyelf

I have to agree with mightmad from way back at start. Weiner didn't do anything as bad as the others. As far as I know the pics went to adults and he didn't physically cheat. Like a lot of these other people who did worse but didn't have to resign, I actually think this would have blown over quickly if not for one thing. His last name was his downfall.

Mr. Clean NelsonH

Weiner is the least of every scandalous politician on the list, but he still shouldn't be in office because he's an elected official that a) lied and b) is completely out of his head.

Mr. Clean Dragon Tattoo

Mr. Clean Missy

Perhaps Weiner just wanted some attention. I mean his wife obviously is very dedicated to her career and has probably spent a lot of time away from him travelling with Hillary. I mean he could of screwed around on her and he didn't. And to those who say "flashers" are more dangerous, that is simply not true. I work in the criminal justice system and I can tell from my experience "flashers" generally do not turn into rapist.

Mr. Clean Sociopaths are Sad

What is disgusting is the way he objectified women. An attractive woman finds his speech interesting and "likes" his FB page? She gets a pic of his package in return. Who does he think he is? God's gift to the phallus? He still disgusts me. And I'm glad he was forced to resign. If he learns from his mistake and makes some positive changes...then that's fine. But for what he did and the way he acted? I'm glad he was forced to resign. Idiot should have done it of his own accord though.

Mr. Clean Meach

What a bunch of LAME ASS VOTERS. Are you people forgetting that Weiner tried to crucify and destroy innocent people to cover his lie up. That act was worse than what he did and worse than what others may have done. He's the Major Domo Weiner Weasel...hand down. Vote on the above by what they tried to do to hide their crime. Who they tried to hurt avoid telling the truth. Seriously folks.....

Mr. Clean Sandra

All of these guys are worse than Weiner!!! I particularly dislike Edwards and Arnold!!! Too bad Weiner lied rather than come clean at the beginning!!! It amazes me how people bounce back, like Spitzer who is now on CNN !!

Mr. Clean Heidi

I don't care what 'any' of them do in or with their personal lives.....

MartyMcFly MartyMcFly

You know why everybody is worse than him? Because the idiot didn't really DO anything... or anybody for that matter. Dumbest controversy ever. Wow.. he talked dirty to some chicks on the internet and sent them a few dirty pics. WOW. How amazing.

Hoopee Hoopee

No matter what party affiliation, let's not forget who started this slippery slope. "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." - Bill Clinton under oath. I don't care whether he had sex with 1000 women, but to be the president of the USA and lie under oath just destroys all faith in our justice system.

Doug Doug

Just because there are worse people doesn't mean this guy should have kept his job. He boldly lied to his bosses - us! Try that with your boss and see what happens. Americans need to stop excusing bad behavior in the people we elect to office. We you ask others to let you represent them, you should expect to be, and you should be, held to a very high standard.

Sociopaths are Sad

The others had very human failings which, though reprehensible, are easily understood by many.

Weiner's failing is bizarre, creepy and not understood by most people. He's seen as a pathetic freak which is why he was scapegoated.

People are afraid of the misdeed they can't understand.

And besides, one would hope we as a society have PROGRESSED and now punish those who deserve to be punished. Weiner deserved to be punished. He needed to resign. So did most (if not all) of the others.

Who wants a weirdo creep like Weiner representing them? You like his speech and "like" his FB page and he sends you a photo of his peen. Pathetic. Not to mention horrendously unprofessional.

Sociopaths are Sad

@Missy: Word on the street is Weiner & Huma's marriage is about as much as a love match as Bill's and Hillary's . Which is to say not at all.

They are marriages of POLITICAL CONVENIENCE. Not all marriages are love marriages, even when they involve children. We see this in the celeb world, the political world...and it has been like this for years. Love marriages are actually a modern thing - they weren't always like that and in some cultures they STILL aren't like that.

Besides, who even cares whether he cheated on his wife or not? That's their business.

NelsonH

Grace

Weiner has suffered enough with the shame he has experienced in getting caught. He needs a shrink more than anything to find out why he risked so much for so little gain. Very sad and sick man. Perhaps rehab would have been enough. He jumped ship too soon.

John Ramey

Why is Clarence Thomas even on here? It's really wrong of you to put his name up there with the others.

You should remove it NOW!

ragsron5

What in Sam's Hill is Clarence Thomas doing on the list? He didn't do a damn thing and they are saying Weiner is better than Clarence Thomas! Give me a break! These people are the stupidest people on the planet! Whoever voted for these polls have a real low IQ! I would like to ask what did Clarence Thomas do? Was there any evidence? Wasn't he said she said or heresay evidence which couldn't be believed! Please educate me TMZ!

TxGal

Weiner wasn't drummed out of office because of his online antics. It was lying about it that bit him on the behind. He lied to the press, thus lied to the voters. He lied right in the face of his fellow House members. Had he fessed up from the get go, he would probably still be a Congressman. Being such good buddies with the Clinton's he should have known that the coverup is always worse than the act.

TIFFANY

I just put in votes just to see what people are saying.. I don't know what some of these people did and the ones that did do something I don't think they affected my life in anyway. When Clinton did his thing, I still had a job and when Edwards and Arnold cheated uumm.. I am pretty sure I still had a job. oh yea I am pretty sure the world did not end either.. Clinton was a great President I don't care if he was getting a ********.. His wife needed to be concern though ..Im not perfect so I can't pass judgement on these people especially if I am not directly affected.. its funny that when these people take office they suppose to become these SUPER PERFECT people that will never ever do anything wrong..They take office and they are no longer human why don't we just make them all just move in with the Pope..because they suppose to always make good judgement when it comes to their personal lives and never ever make mistakes right... there is so much going on that we don't even know about that is going on right now. I am still trying to figure out while these politicans held their positions and did what they did in their private time what happene that drastically affected us as Americans? Did the economy crash while these people were cheating and getting ********s? Where is the crime other than what they have to deal with within their own families. I guess while Anthony was sending these pics he was also doing a bad job at being a Congressman right?? If we never knew about the pics eventually he would have done something in Congress to affect our country is that what this is about??? If you had your private life expose there would be nothing to expose right?? because your perfect.

Dragon Tattoo

This is about his lies and how he wanted others to lie for him. He lost all credibility, he made fun of the press even insulting them calling them "jackass", tried to blame others for trying to destroy him because of his easily made fun of name, Weiner. Everything he said, even his rehab excuse, was all lies. Although, I also think that his sexting while married is also bad, if he wanted to do it, why not with his partner? That's why he got married, is it not? But he didn't break any rules by having a countless number of cyber whores, is just disrespecting his marriage, but I don't care about that.

GG1000

By the way, I agree with Franc. Pictures and video of Weiner make him seem like a too-tightly wound nutcase. I saw a video of him at a podium waving his index finger and shouting (no sound) and he looked just like Adolf Hitler ranting. Good riddance.

mang

why not teddy if you have jfk in there he drowned a woman then went to bed great guy!

namers

Mang, I totally understand your Teddy comment: the people who voted for JFK are the same people you'd see on "JAYWALKING". Sad how little our next rulers might be.

kp

LARRY CRAIG 64%
REALLY-------------------- toe tapper in men's bathroom stall at minnesota airport looking for gay sex

WEINER 36 % TWITTER
pictures of himself

DON'T SAY LYING- IF THAT WAS THE CASE THERE WOULD BE NO ONE IN WASHINGTON D C
Rangel is still there- aaaaaaaa that was accounting error
for years

Cartman

Clarence Thomas should not be on this list.

The politics are pretty radical here.

dandilion

Weiner is in a shameful, traitorous category all his own.. Stupid and somewhat beard for a infiltrator of the brotherhood of Muslim-spy wife under the care of our dear secretary of state working for the Dems, Obama. Go to Frontpage.com http://frontpagemag.com/2011/06/17/why-is-weiners-muslim-brotherhood-wife-not-resigning/ Read all about the high-jinks of the secret-government liberal security betrayers, full of jerks and moles selling us out to a one world system.