Clarence Clemons Dies

6/19/2011 6:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Legendary saxophonist Clarence Clemons died today of complications from a stroke he suffered back on June 12. He was 69.

0613_clarence_clemons_getty_bn
Clemons, known to fans as the Big Man, was the most famous member of Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band. His music cut through on songs like "Born To Run," "Thunder Road," "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out," and "Dancing In The Dark"... and on and on.

Bruce Springsteen released a statement, saying, "Clarence lived a wonderful life. He carried within him a love of people that made them love him. He created a wondrous and extended family. He loved the saxophone, loved our fans and gave everything he had every night he stepped on stage. His loss is immeasurable and we are honored and thankful to have known him and had the opportunity to stand beside him for nearly forty years."

The statement continued, "He was my great friend, my partner, and with Clarence at my side, my band and I were able to tell a story far deeper than those simply contained in our music. His life, his memory, and his love will live on in that story and in our band."

Clemons was married five times and had four sons --  Clarence III, Charles, Christopher and Jarod.

0613_CLARENCE_CLEMONS_remembering_footer

January Jonez

RIP CC - Peace be with your fam.....
What a legend..A genius saxist...
Never forgotten!!

Glenda in Texas

Rest in peace, Mr. Big Man.

Surfer Gal

R.I.P.

DJ THUNDERMIXX

R.I.P. Clarence Clemons.

nancy cavanaugh

We lost one of the truly great ones today- what an incredible talent and gentle soul. May you rest in peace Big Man, and thanks for the gift of your music. Deepest sympathy to all his family and friends.

Mike

Truly one of the great musicians.
Defined the music of Springsteen. No doubt.
Cannot be replaced.

Puckett

Well i'll always have his music to listen to. RIP Clarence Clemons.

STARR C

Sad! RiP!

CJ

Damn Lady GaGa killed him, he couldnt take her dead eyes and epileptic dancing, I cant believe his last piece of work is going to be her piece of crap video ugh

Chuck D of Valpo

Earth's loss. Heaven's gain. RIP Big Man. Your music will live forever.

frankies mom

Rest in peace Clarence Clemons! My condolences all around... so sad...

nz1jvb

That blows.....

3Storms

Sorry to hear about his passing. He was incredibly talented and a nice guy.

bon

Very sad news. E Street Band will never be the same. RIP Big Man

n.o.y.b.

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will” Clarence Clemons left a legacy that will live on forever. R.I.P.