« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Rodman Accused in

Bar Assault

Over LeBron James

6/20/2011 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dennis Rodman got real physical at a bar in Akron, Ohio earlier this week, TMZ has learned -- allegedly shoving a local patron after the man uttered two unforgivable words ... "LeBron James."

0617_dennis_rodman_TMZ_EX
According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the man in question -- named Michael Douglas (NOT the actor) -- stopped by a local bar after he heard Rodman was drinking there.

According to the report, Douglas walked up to Rodman and joked with him -- asking if he was in town to check up on LeBron ... and for some reason, Rodman flipped and shoved him back.

Douglas wasn't injured -- and as of now, police aren't pursuing an investigation due to lack of evidence.

But it all must be news to the Worm -- because Rodman's rep tells us, "Dennis has no clue what this is about."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

My how the mighty have fallen.

harly

i saw him in edmonton a few weekes ago he was hammered an i had some beers wit him

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

He 'flipped' because some freaking moron comes up to him to talk about some other NBA moron who can't hold Rodman's joc*****il he actually WIN's something, and he didn't like it nor would I.

People act like they know these celebrities. I would get whizzed off too half the time, drunks coming up to you like they're your buddy, eff that.

foxy

This happened at a bar downtown (Not the strip club)

Tanya

I live in Akron, what was he doing here? I still love Lebron, we'll get them next year!

rachmo

I'm from Akron and I have more respect for Dennis Rodman than I do Baby Bron-bron. That pansy ass... The only reason he doesn't have a championship is because he has no fourth quarter no matter who he is playing for. Great talent, but no drive.

joe