Ryan Dunn Dead

'Jackass' Star

Dies in Car Crash

6/20/2011 8:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died in a car crash in Pennsylvania early this morning ... TMZ has confirmed with Bam Margera's mother.

0620-ryan-dunn-exd3
34-year-old Dunn appeared in all of the "Jackass" movies -- famously shoving a toy car into his rectum in the first flick back in 2002.

Dunn and an unidentified person both died in the crash which happened around 3 a.m. at Route 322 and New Street in West Goshen Township. It's unclear who was driving the car.

We're told the car caught fire in the crash -- and hours later, a tow truck was called to the scene to remove the charred wreckage.

Ryan Dunn Car Crash
Just hours before his death, Dunn posted a photo on Twitter showing himself drinking with friends.

0620_ryan_twitpic_asset

Christina

how about we also think who was in the car with him that also died... how about that other persons family??/ i can tell you that his family is upset just as much as ryans family.. As I am a family member of the "other" person in the car.

KDESQ

why people insist on driving drunk is beyond me. what a waste of life.

paying for a cab is much better than going to jail, dying, or killing someone.

Cheryl

OMG there is nothing left of that car

ME

It may sound mean but i am glad it was him and not someone elses sons or daughters who were acting responsible and not driving drunk going 110 miles per hour. I am a fan of Dunn and jackass movies but this was not the first or last time he has done this...something had to give and it was justified that it was him. he probably would have agreed with me if he were still alive...RIP YOU JACKASS!!!

Kjersti

@Souptastic
That's harsh. I agree with you on condemning the lifestye, but I wouldn't wish this upon anyone.

sumthingsick

lol

Der Barron

Serves him and all of those ****house ********s right.

ccann

They should put that charred bit of metal on display in every school in the US. Drink and drive = suicide.

lou

I'm starting to see a lawsuit coming on, from the family of the person who was not at the wheel of the car, if drunk driving was at play.

What a sad way to end one's life.

Rick

Looks like "Jackass" is now "Dumbass" especially when you tweet that you are out drinking with a few friends and then go drunk driving at 110 mph.!! What a dip****!!

Jon

Whoever the drunk driver was, He took one or two people with Him.
There will be lawsuits.
The guy who drove the car drunk killed his friends.
Sad news,but very much what you'd expect from the mentality of that show He was on

Rocko

That's messed up...out of all the ways to go...

Barbarascy

I am sorry to hear of his passing. RIP.

Der Barron

It is all of a sudden sunnier out today. June 20th is a beautiful day.

rockabillyJimmy

honestly a sad loss. ryan was the reason i did un-normal things. being an australian we are known for being crazy, but ryan my friend... you were an inspiration. R.I.P and god speed my friend