Lindsay Shoots Commercial During HOUSE ARREST

6/21/2011 4:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan's house arrest is paying off BIG TIME -- because last weekend the actress shot a brand new commercial from inside the confines of her apartment ... TMZ has learned.

0620_lindsay_lohan_working_girl_ex
Lohan got in front of the camera for an Internet penny auction site called Beezid.com.

A rep for the company tells us Lohan was originally offered $25k for the job ... which the actress turned down ... but the two eventually came to terms for an undisclosed amount.

We're also told Lindsay was also given a $10,000 credit to spend on the website.

Celebrity justice at its finest.

Grandma Cracker

This is so funny! I wonder if this company knew that Lindsay was going to sell details of her FU, I am under arrest but doing commercials for your company story to TMZ!

Wow, pay somebody to make your company look like a POS on the internet....great move there Beezid.....Never heard of your company before, but now that I know the details I know I WON"T BE SHOPPING WITH BEEZID!

lou

What does the site sell, stolen goods?

And what exactly is a penny auction site? Sounds really, really klaszy.

ilovegossip

@who farted

Just to bust some more chops...

This is what mine came up as when I typed in 'Lindsay Lohan is' in the google search bar:

Lindsay Lohan is going to jail
Lindsay Lohan is a loser
Lindsay Lohan issues
Lindsay Lohan is changing her name
Lindsay Lohan is better than you
Lindsay Lohan is broke
Lindsay Lohan is dating
Lindsay Lohan is shown in surveillance video
Lindsay Lohan is a skank
Lindsay Lohan is she gay

(I can't believe that "Lindsay Lohan is a skank" actually comes up as a choice. That means a LOT of people had to type that in and actually use the word 'skank' for it to come in as one of the top choices! That is brutal...)

lou

PhillipP, paying to bid sounds cheesy to me. Can't see the site getting much of a clientele with that sort of a criteria for bidding. Lindsay Lohan aside, I know I'd never bid at a site where I have to pay for the privilege.

lou

Oh, it's a scam alright. I just read the link provided about the scam.

Gee, maybe Papa Lohan came up with it?

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

She's getting paid to represent some scammy auction site, it won't be long before she's getting sued Miss Cleo style. Should have passed on this one...

Vinsetta

She wouldn't do it for 25 grand so I wonder what her manager bargained for and both parties agreed to. I would have thought she'd jump on the 25 grand considering her financial situation.

Scott

why does she look like she is 40?

Grandma Cracker

Is beezid one of those companies that spams this site with offers to buy cheap Chinese knockoffs......you know, the ones that can't spell or use proper word order....."Welcomes good friend customer by at discount my $39 Ed Hardy bikini....."

Wow, just wow....LMFAO....

lou

Yeah, I wonder if she could be sued? According to the article, if an article gets multiple bids, Beezid will automatically raise your bid, without your permission. That's so not cool that I'm surprised we haven't heard about a lawsuit against the co. by now.

Hi, GC, yes, I'm sure you do get spam for crummy sites and goods when going to Beezid. They sound like the bottom of the barrel of auction sites. And believe it or not, I can actually say that without even having to implicate Lindsay.

Vinsetta

I think I saw an ad in one of my magazines for Beezid with people bragging they got and iPad for like $189; stuff like that. I do not trust it like I do not trust Lindsay.

lou

$25,000 is probably a one night binge to her. So, all of that money, and gone so quickly.

writenow

Good that Lilo is using her time constructively. However, next time she might want to use a friendly GPS monitoring device. It's Waterproof. No more having to bag up her leg. Defendants are switching over. See www.GPSmonitoring.com

lou

Ok, gotta say it. I use auction sites but would never be inclined to go to one who uses an actress for promotions whom I don't trust. Does it make any sense to use someone with a bad track record
(especially the theft) when you want to instill trust in your customers (trust that the site is safe, the goods are legit, etc.)? It's a very strange choice of a pitchman, except for her shock value.

Vinsetta

Lou,
She had better save it to make her rent for the next 3 months. I did start thinking she could blow it at a club. In 2007 she was spending 7 grand on cocaine a night in the men's room at various clubs.