Ryan Dunn -- Autopsy Underway

6/20/2011 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the Chester County Coroner is currently conducting an autopsy on Ryan Dunn ... to determine, among other things, if alcohol played a role in the "Jackass" star's death.

Ryan Dunn Cause of Death
In addition, we're told the coroner is performing an autopsy on Ryan's unidentified passenger -- who was also killed in the fatal car crash this morning.

As we previously reported, friends claim Ryan had upwards of six drinks before getting behind the wheel ... and driving off a Pennsylvania highway.

So far, no word on when toxicology results will be released.

dan

you can truely say this guy was a JACKASS!!!

Eva De Longpre

Wonder if anyone is considering this: http://consumerist.com/2011/06/porsche-911s-recalled-for-crappy-wheel-hubs.html

As Dana points out, there's been no confirmation as to exactly when he had his last drink. It could very well be that the car itself was to blame.

apequake

Ryan Dunn is a murderous driver. The jackass deserved to die. Too bad he killed his passenger. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAR7IU-JB1o

tabloid queen

I heard it's all a hoax...go here to read it:

Scott

Your right Eva having 6 drinks and doing 100mph had absolutely nothing to do with it.....and on top of that I am sure the airbags did not deploy.

Gene Siskell

The truth is Ryan Dunn lived more in his short 34 years than most of you defective vomit inducing rejects will live in 80 years of your sad, internet trolling, miserable, pathetic existence. How many people will mourn when you are gone? Very few to none.

RIP Ryan

Shawn

Tomorrow the flag should fly at half staff because on the behalf of all Jackass fans out there .......We just lost a bloody American hero! Be easy Ryan.....Be easy :(

Eva De Longpre

The link I posted in my comment doesn't seem to be showing up. So here's the gist:

"For want of durable wheel hubs, high-powered Porsche 911s were recalled because the could lead to a compromised wheel-retention system and a crash.

The affected models include the 911 Turbo and Turbo S, the 911 GT3 and GT3 RS, and the GT2 RS equipped with the center locking wheel and hub assembly.

The problem seems to be exacerbated when owners drive their cars on racetracks.

"Porsche is aware that some customers of the affected vehicles occasionally operate them on a racetrack or under similar conditions," the company said in a statement. "From Porsche's own racing experience with vehicles using the same central wheel lock components, Porsche has developed new components as well as additional instructions for the use of such components when the affected vehicles are operated under racing conditions.""

From the Consumerist web page.

Scott

He wasn't driving on a racetrack Eva give it up while your ahead please....

Fan

A long time ago I worked with an IBM consultant with last name of Dunn. When I said "Your rewrite of the Fortran module is about half done, right?", he replied "I'm all Dunn." After staring at him for a second, I realized this was the first joke (well, pun) he ever told during the project.

Gotta love those Dunns. The guy was really intelligent. Seriously. He did a lot of work I should have done. Uh, Dunn.

I wonder if they are related?
Darn, it took a Dunn death to prod this stupid memory?

Eva De Longpre

You DID see the part that says "under similar conditions", right?

LR

@Nani- sorry for the loss. I hope you can manage to find something else in this world as great and meaningful as 'Jackass' to sustain you through these trying times!

Sonja

I guess that depends on what you consider 'living' Gene. Thanks but I'll take my life, my family, my home, my friends over being drunk and stupid... oh and dead at 34.. but thanks anyway.

Darla

So he had 6 drinks at the bar, wonder how many he had before the bar?

mel

Was it a bad choice to get behind the wheel and have someone else as a passenger while drinking and driving? Yes. But it's ridiculous to run your mouth when someone lost a loved one. Even if you don't like the guy, have some respect for the family that loved him. If you can't do that then keep your mouth shut and stay out of it. RIP Ryan...you were a funny guy. My prayers go out to his family and friends and the family and friends of the passenger.