Ryan Dunn -- Beer and Shots Before Crash

6/20/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn spent four hours in a Philadelphia-area bar before he got behind the wheel of his Porsche 911 this morning ... drinking at least 3 beers and 3 shots ... TMZ has learned.

Ryan Dunn

Dunn arrived to a bar called Barnaby's of America in West Chester, PA around 10:30 PM ... to hang out with a small group of male friends.

One of the friends tells TMZ ... Dunn had 3 Miller Lites and 3 "girly shots" between 10:30 PM and 2:10 AM -- nearly a 4 hour span -- but he was "not too drunk to drive."

But according to another person who was inside the bar that night, Dunn was "wasted" -- and "had a lot to drink."

As TMZ previously reported, Dunn crashed his Porsche soon after -- killing himself and an unidentified passenger.  Cops believe speed may have been a factor.

Wendy

He was a "Jackass!" Isn't that the point?!! Instead of defending him, LEARN FROM HIM...... his mistake, not his new, daredevil 'joke!' This isn't one of his tricks to make people laugh and be glad it was him, not them...... It's the first one of his 'tricks' that MEANS SOMETHING: DON'T BE A JACKASS & DRINK AND DRIVE!! Period. Feel sorry for his Mother- not him, or yourselves!

BRENDA

Ryan Dunn,
You made many people smile!! But this time you did not, You killed you friend and your self!
Yes everyone knows when your born, Thata the time you start to die.
It must have bin your time Ryan Dunn, But was it your friends time to die with you, Speeding and driveing don't mix to well! (just a little to late for you & friend)
I feel very sad for the fans, friends and LOVE ONES!! Also his friends love ones!
I reallu never watched the show BUT MY 26 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER DID LOVE THE SHOW. SHE WAS VERY UPSET OVER HIS DEATH!
FOR MY DAUGHTER I WILL SAY THENK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAUGHTER FOR THE WONDERFUL FUNNY THING YOU DID ON TV. YOU WILL BE SADDLY MISSED,
I DO HOPE YOUNGER PROPLE UNDERSTAND, FROM THIS! DON'T DRINK AND DRTVE! AND ALSO SPEEDING TO WITH OUT DRING KILLS ALSO FRIEND AND OTHER PEOPLE AND CHILDREN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW,
I AM VERY SORRY FOR THESE TWO YOUNG MEN, BUY I THINK THINGS HAPPEN FOR A RESON, PLUS GOD LOVES ALL AGES. WHY WOULD HE WANT TO BE WITH JUST OLD PEOPLE. (please understand I don't go to church so for give if I said any think that is out of line) p.s. I know my spelling sucks, R.I.P. RYAN DUNN!!

Mondia

Everyone consider:
How would YOU feel if he hit YOU and paralyzed YOU forever?
Or if he hit your mother, your sister, or killed your brother?
Something MUST be said about the way he KILLED himself and another person (allegedly). This society cannot continue to ignore DRUNK DRIVING. People WAKE UP. If you are not speaking out about how he died and warning others, you are probably trying to ignore your problem with DRINKING or ENABLING.

presyn

Anyone who put **** on here about how you should not drink and drive, is a ******* idiot. The fact is someone died, and I myself feel sorry for the guys, and their loved ones. We were all young at a time and we all have drank and drove at one time or another. What a bunch of ******* hypocrites this world is coming too, and uncaring asswholes!

Vian

Don't know this person but I don't have empathy for anyone who drinks and drives...a needless loss of life that should have never happened.....stupid is as stupid does !...when will people wake up ?

kayla

ryan dunn was awesome and halarious...weather he was drinkin and driving or not NO ONE deserves to be dead over it..maybe punished but not DEAD!!!

vhammer

Yall are unbelieveable!!! How could any of you say you that he deserved to die or that you aren't sorry. I know darn well everyone of you have gotten behind the wheel after drinking more than once. No one deserves to die for making a poor decision. You all are pathetic hypocrites!!!

RIP DUNN

brain bullock

nobody deserves to die everybody needs to shut the f**k up and let him rest in peace jackass is mine and my familys favorate show.to all jack ass crew and members my deepest sorrow my prayers are with you all.

nanci

It is a tragedy So young and to die so violently Prayers to his family He really was a funny guy

MikeinNC

You can look at the photo of him drinking, he looks pretty wasted to me. It's sad though, Jackass will never be the same without him.

Vote4Pedro

At least he proved Jackass wasn't an act.

Shaddie

Ryan

You are a total JACKASS. This is the true statement. You have damaged so many lives throught your selfishness. not only the dude you killed, but google search "kid dies trying JACKASS stunt" then tell me these are good guys. I'm sorry for your family, but the world is a better place without a JACKASS like you. You are a bad influence on young kids and they have been hurt by you and your rediculous BS as you continued to stuff cash in your pocket at their expense. Your a redneck JACKASS.

Mikenna

Everyone needs to shut up about "not feeling sorry" and maybe it was a little risky....but that's a *Jackass* for you. Ryan Dunn was funny, sweet, and an all American guy. ^^^ HE DID NOT DESERVE HIS OWN DEATH. Come on now> Lets have some respect for his sole, family, friends, and the passenger. You All Have NO Respect. Let him #Rest In Peace 3 Would you talk that way if someone in your family ended up like that? NO! **TALKING SMACK WON"T GET YOU ANYWHERE***
R.I.P. Ryan Dunn &

Shaddie

Lets not have respect for him the same way he had no respect for the kids who died trying his stupid stunts or his friends life. When you drive, you are responsible for the lives of passengers. No respect for him at all. Johnny Knoxville should make one more video clip called the final chapter. They can all drive a car off a cliff. A bunch of dopes that could not make a respectable living.

Jay

for all you who say that you dnt feel sry for him **** yall he was living life to the fullest. jw y nobody took his keys away wish they would of