Ryan Dunn PICTURED Before Crash -- Warning Signs?

6/21/2011 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Roughly two hours before "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn crashed his Porsche and died Monday morning ... he posed for pics with fans in a Philly-area bar ... glassy-eyed and flushed.

0620_last_ryan_EXC_v2_Launch
The pics show Ryan and his friends drinking at around 1 AM at a bar called Barnaby's of America in West Chester.

After downing at least 3 beers and 3 shots in 4-hours ...Ryan hit the road in his Porsche 911 GT3.

At around 2:38 AM, Ryan crashed -- killing himself and his passenger, Zach Hartwell.

tmz-top-comments-banner
Nancy Nancy

One of my closets female friends can drink 6 beers in 30 mins and still be sober. Each persons alcohol tolerance is different. You don't know that he was wasted. Wait on the coroner's report before you start blasting people. Some of the comments on here are just mean and spiteful, maybe one day someone you love will die in an accident and then you won't be so quick to judge.

Allison Allison

Ryan didn't look drunk in those pictures. Just like he was having a good time.

Peta Vale Peta Vale

What a bunch of tossers some of you people are.I'm pretty sure Ryan didn't get into his car and say to himself "right i'm gonna die today and take a mate with me.He may or may not of made an error of judgement no-one is sure of that yet.People make mistakes and i'm pretty sure none of you are perfect.2 young lives were lost on monday and that in itself is a tragedy.To all you haters and sickos out there fnck off and find something else to hate like yourselves which is probably true seen as though you have no compassin for these dudes. RIP Ryan and friend you will both be sorely missed.Life cut too short.xoxo

tmz-top-comments-banner
Nancy Nancy

Allison Allison

Ryan didn't look drunk in those pictures. Just like he was having a good time.

Peta Vale Peta Vale

Hoopee Hoopee

He looks 100% Totally wasted. There is no way he should have driven a car. Pride is a sin when you let it keep you from making the right choices in life. Sorry to see you go Ryan, but you did this to yourself. No one else to blame.

MightyMad MightyMad

There's no accident here. It sure is a tragedy, but, when you drink and drive, you shouldn't be able to crash your car and call it an ccident. You'll be miss, Dunn... but, man, what a stupid way to die.

Osiris Reborn Osiris Reborn

If it turns out he wasn't over the limit, a lot of you are going to look like fools. If it turns out he was, a lot of you are going to look like fools. Patience.. children.. the toxicology report will be up for grabs before ya know it..

blakek14 blakek14

TMZ what type of camera was used to take the pictures? Is it the poor quality camera causing the redeye? He is laughing in the main picture and it is possible to laugh so hard you cry, that might be the cause for the glassy-eyed appearance?

jpm4444 jpm4444

The toxicology will tell. People saying he is or isn't drunk are ridiculous. the tests will tell

tgrfan42069 tgrfan42069

LOL 34 year old man gets plastered then drives.yet people find reason to defend him.he was a grown ass man he knew the consequences now he faced them.his family is the ones suffering in this time.i feel bad for them.but i cant feel sorry for someone who knowingly got behind the wheel drunk and got killed.

jpalmettoguy

drink, drive, die, burn.

alletis

TMZ please stop speculating and wait for the autopsy. All this is just fueling the fire. You can take a bad picture of anyone and make them look like they are drunk or high. YOU should know that because you have taken many of them. Let the process work.

toenail

this sort of reminds me of when corey haim died... why dont we wait till the autopsy results come in before accusing him of dui.. maybe it was a hot bar, we dont know.. just give it time for assuming!!

w

I worked as a ****tail waitress for a bar at the Hilton in Chicago and once I served a woman 2 rum and cokes, 20 minutes later she was flat on her a$$, she wanted me to serve her another drink, I told her she was too drunk and no I will not, she threw a fit and tried to leave, I took her keys and told security, they refused to let her leave as well, they called her a cab.

After her drunken display I was told she had about 3 drinks before coming into the establishment.

I almost got fired that night because I was told it was my responsiblity to serve only if I believe they are in their right frame of mind, I am the person who is serving them, I am also the person who can make the best judgement call on their behalf if they are too drunk to drive.

I didnt stay long there after that, knowing that woman could of gone out and killed herself and innocent others really freaked me out.

In Illinois I know that the bar can be sued, I wonder if its the same for where he was.

Billy

At least this is one less dumb ass in the world who won't kill a family of 6 in their mini van. You know it wasn't the first time he's done it and it wouldn't be the last. Sorry it took someone with him but it's the way to clean up the gene pool.

jesse

This car, as per cops, was going about 100 mph....Plus
booze. Luckily no innocents were killed through such
reckless action. Drinking and driving? Unacceptable!

karma

Harvey, seriously do you have an intoxication expert on your staff? because he does not look glass eyed. As far as flushed, he accomplished that often on his own. Ever consider the fact that he was in between two beautiful women? Come on GUYS! Until the toxicology results get back, don't slander this wonderful man's name!

Johnny Handsome

DUNN is DONE, may you rest in HELL,as 1 drink is 1 too many behind a car. You don't need to be over the "legal" limit to toast a porsche.

stop making excuses, you are just as pathetic as he was.

REST IN HELL.

Dave

I bet that Barnaby's in West Chester was proud that he was a patron that night. I smell a lawsuit. Ryan was a nice guy and we'll miss him around WC. There really is a lesson here that you can think that you're in control of your vehicle after drinking but it only takes a little mistake and you pay the price.

wehwehweh

100mph? source?

Sonja

Seemed like a friendly nice guy... makes it even more sad that he didn't just make a phone call for a cab or that someone didn't offer him a ride home.

eurotrash

Here's exactly what happened...

Dunn to passenger: "Dude, you wanna shoot a bit right now on your cellphone while I'm driving?
Passenger to Dunn: "Dude that would be hilarious"
Dunn to passenger: "Dude, grab the firecracker from the backseat"
Passenger to Dunn: "Ok Dude"
Dunn: "We can call it '140mph Firecracker up my Aaaaaaa...."

Fade To Black.

IDGAF

It actually kind of infuriates me that TMZ would use the ONE picture where looks trashed. Ryan is ALWAYS ruddy colored, sober or not, and the pictures are clearly taken with a crappy camera phone which gives EVERYONE in the photos glassy eyes. The clearer photos that you have to click the link to see, which most people won't do, have actually shown me that he wasn't NEARLY as drunk as everyone is making him out to be. Do I deny that he was drinking before he drove? No. He was at a bar, so clearly he was drinking, but if these pictures were taken only an hour or two before he got in his car, I'm convinced he wasn't nearly as intoxicated as TMZ is portraying him for rates.

I'm not excusing the fact that he drank, then drove. If you've had ONE drink, I don't think you should drive. But TMZ is turning him into some kind of monster before we've even seen the toxicology reports because they know people want to hear about that not good, trouble making Jackass guy and his horrible drinking problem.

The bottom line is TWO PEOPLE ARE DEAD. Two lives ended, and there is absolutely no excuse for pointing fingers or shifty glances. I can't believe how little respect these people have for the dead.

Sloane

sadly because when they say "at least" 3 beer and 3 shots...you know the total of alcohol consumed was even higher .....and double or single shots?

his blood alcohol level..when analyzed.. will give an acurate idea of how many drinks

but whatever it turns out to be..it was too many to be responsibly behind the wheel

South Side

Ryan got what he deserved. Too bad you had to bring a friend down with you.