Bam BREAKS DOWN at Ryan Dunn Crash Site

6/22/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bam Margera visited the crash site where his best friend and fellow "Jackass" star Ryan Dunn died -- and he was so overcome with emotion he could barely put together a sentence. Brace yourself, it's heartbreaking.062211_margera_fox_still

In this MyFoxPhilly report, Bam has tears streaming down his face as he recalls getting the news that Ryan had died, saying it "was the worst phone call I've ever gotten in my life."

Bam went to the crash site on Tuesday. He says he was in Arizona when Ryan crashed early Monday morning.

When asked how he'd get through this ordeal -- Bam replied, "I can't. I can't."

Toby

Hey Pua! Making money from doing stunts and making people laugh, what is wrong with that? We should not feel bad for him, because of this? The guy just lost his best friend! Someone who was more like a brother to him. I dont get some of you people out here. Heartless! God Bless you~

xx.alyssa.xx

cant believe how many heartless people there are in this world... get over yourselves

Em

To those of you making rude comments or joking about this situation, I can say only this: clearly you have never experienced what it's like to lose someone close to you. The feeling of complete and utter devastation, feeling like you would give ANYTHING, even your right arm, just to have one final hug from them, or one final conversation. Or the dreams you have, where you're with them again, and you think for a few brief moments that everything's perfect because they were never gone after all...only you wake up alone in the dark, and the true realization hits, you're never going to see them again.

Please everyone...find your humanity. I know it must be in there somewhere.

Sad sad

I feel bad he lost his friend. People should to keep an eye on him and make sure he's okay.

Nostradamus

Em, you're missing the point, it's the lack of genuine emotion and the "need" to do it on camera that's upsetting people.

Besides, we'll all see our loved ones in heaven right? *eye roll*

But everything happens for reason. Oh wait, that's another fairytale.

Let's just try to make the best of our time spinning on this mud ball called earth.

JD

Bam, Dunn died to teach you guys a life lesson. Don't take it in vain. You're a good guy. Be yourself. Be silly. Enjoy life. But don't be a loser!

Brittany

I just think everyone with the horrible comments need to stop being douches and put themselves in that position. Yes drinking and driving is horrible and it angers me that people do it, even Dunn but seriously? I've seen outrageous comments about bam, how stupid and unimportant they all are, how bam's family should've been in the car and it kills me that people can be so extremely rude and inconsiderate and basically just ********. It upsets me so bad. Put yourself in that position, if it was your best friend, your brother, your son, that died, would you just say "Well ******** that drive drunk deserve to die. Good riddance" no....I think your tune would be a lot different if it were to happen to you. And I'm sure those of you making these horrible comments have absolutely no right making judgement on ANYONE

Toby

Nostradamus, the lack of emotion? Did you watch the same video? The need for the camera? Are you serious? Its a news crew!! They go and put a camera in your face rather you like it or not. They are lucky Bam was in a emotional state where he was just in shock and not ready to kill someone. Thats something I think people are missing. People cry a lot and then go into a state of shock. They cant believe its real! Everyone grieves differently. I cant imagine the pain he was going through on the plane. For people to say this crap is just so wrong. I guess they are pefect, so thats why I dont get them.

Toby

As sad as this is, things do happen for a reason. A lot of people look up to these guys. I wi***** would of been a different ending. Wish they would have ended up in the hospital and then went on to be speakers about drinking and driving. Now, its up to Bam and the rest of the guy's to not let these two young deaths be in vein. Use this as a tool to teach the young kids who watch these guys do stunts now watch them teach how drinking and driving can lead to death.

cmw WestChester

My heart breaks for the families involved. It is uncomprehensible to me why people are flocking to the crash site...I LIVE 2 MIN. from it in West Chester....There are people making a huge spectacle...State police troopers are there 24/7...I am so happy to see my tax dollars at work so slime buckets can run across a horrible highway in front of me and my kids as we are driving to take a picture....respect their families s*** bags...and mine...go home....

Toby

CM, I read that the place where the accident was there are a lot of cars that drive fast through there and its a dangerous spot for that. Is that true? From the video it dont look like it, just looks like a freeway. Someone said a lot of fast cars go there and open it up and there is a narrow spot that is dangerous.

Sfalkon

Bam, cry that your friend was a murderer, not because he is dead. And take a hint from everyone else that closely knew him, stay off the damn news.

TheMarshmallowMan

uhhh. sometimes when you cry so much you can actually run out of tears, the same with laughing, when you find something funny after a while it becomes less and less funny.

Toby

Hey Sfalkon, u dont think he is crying for both of them? He is friends with both. People need to understand that everyone knows it was a bad choice to drive. Zach chose to get in the car. Did he choose to die? No, but when you get in a car with someone who is drinking you are risking your life. Only guessing here, but sure he knew how Ryan drove. Sad situation and bashing on Bam, Ryan, Zach or anyone involved is not going to do anything. So, why not show some class and just not say anything if you cant say something nice. Your words will come back to bite you. We all make mistakes in life. Some worse than others! This just sucks!

San

I usually don't comment on this website ...but I have to today. First, can't stand those people saying he is a cry baby and wanting attention, does he looks like someone who wants attention, crying like a kid on live tv?? Cmon..Some people were NEVER confronted to death, so imagine having to accept the death of your best friend, that you know was in the wrong. To loose someone you love, your own age, it sucks and its hard, trust me... This is a tragedy, yes it's Ryan's fault. Totally is, but have some respect, this is the life of a person and he still deserves some respect from us all. He had a soul you know guys. What I am really hoping is that Bam will brace himself and do something positive to help younger kids/teen understand the danger of drunk driving because of the death of his 2 friends.

Previous 15 Comments | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments