Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

6/21/2011 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn and his passenger each died as result of both blunt force trauma AND the fire that consumed Dunn's Porsche during the crash Monday morning ... this according to the Chester County Coroner.

Ryan Dunn Cause of Death

The Coroner's Office just released the autopsy results for both men -- who, we're told, were each dead by the time officials arrived at the scene.

Based on the autopsy results, the crash was so violent, it seems it was impossible to determine if the two died from the impact of the crash itself or from the fire that resulted.

Officials say the toxicology results for both men -- which would help determine the role alcohol played in the crash -- will be released in 4 to 6 weeks.

TMZ previously reported, officials believe Dunn's car veered off the highway and crashed in a wooded area Monday morning ... before exploding in flames. Investigators believe speed may have been a factor in the crash.

Lori

I just want to say stay strong Bam. We can blame, point fingures, say right or wrong, but the fact of the matter is a Mother lost a son, friends lost afried, and the world lost another great human being. Get over the blame game, stuff happens all the time. Unfortunately death is apart of Life.

ThreeCardMonte

To all you saying that Ryan didn't deserve the death he received...

Who deserves a fiery car crash death? Maybe someone who put themselves in the situation where they could likely end their life in a fiery car crash death?

I guarantee, if he was at home playing Canasta getting drunk, he wouldn't have killed himself.

But you're right. People who put themselves in dangerous situations don't deserve to die of the consequences...

Like it or not, he died by his own hand, and while your sympathies for his family are warranted, your excuses for his behavior are not.

imskeptical

Ebert was right in his tweet. This jackass not only killed himself, he killed someone else's child. Someone had to tell the truth, even if it hurts. Friends don't let jackasses drive with twice the legal limit of alcohol in their blood.

Gail

Just heard he had 23 driving citations in the past, 10 of which were for speeding

Sissy

I cant even read this **** anymore. Im sure most of the people who write these comments have had a drink or two and drove home. You were lucky that you made it home. I myself am guilty of that, not proud about it either. I can admit it, can you?Luck runs out, remember that the next time you do it. Again to their families that read this, im sorry for people's stupity and lack of compassion. You have my deepest sympothy.

sako

what a waste of a Porsche GT3

sako

what a waste of a Porsche GT3

imskeptical

Sissy, I stop drinking *at least* an hour before I drive (we have police road side breathalyzer spot checks here, and I have been pulled over a few times after a night at the bar... and have never failed a breathalyzer test). And I don't drink more than between one and two pints per hour. I stopped juvenile drinking to get drunk when I was 21... I don't get the appeal of it for some idiots. (for better or worse I started drinking at 17). And anyone at over twice the legal limit is drinking to get drunk. Why should we have sympathy for anyone other than these guys' families? Luck has nothing to do with this. Stop making excuses. Stop contributing to the "it's not my fault" society. He killed himself and someone else. Killing someone else is unconscionable. Even if the other guy should have known better than to drive with someone who is drunk.

Sissy

Imskeptical, im not part of the "it's not my fault society". I believe that everyone should be responsible for the stuff they do and own it. He should not have been driving, I do agree with that. It is a very sad situation, 2 people died. But is all this bashing going to bring either one back? Will it stop anyone else from driving drunk? Will it make anyone feel better about themselves? I dont think so. Not to long ago I remember the head of MADD was arrested for a DUI, did anyone comment on that? She was lucky and got arrested before she could kill someone. Will all of these horrible comments make their family feel better? They are having a hard enough time trying to process this without the bashing. All im saying is people should have some compassion for the people that are left behind.

repodog67

People grow up wether your right or wrong , its done and over and you cant change what happened.I dont condone drinking and driving but bickering and downgrading someone because he made the wrong choice makes you the jackass as well.If it happened to be a close person to you that this happened , you would not like at all what people are saying .There are family and friends that are greiving over there loses , and alot of comments being made are down right disrespectfull.When this kind of thing happens to people you know, make sure you stop and think what you said at this time about someone you dont even know.Criticized by many but missed by alot more...R.I.P. Ryan Dunn and Zachary Hartwell..

Sissy

Amen Repodog67 finally someone with some sense. I personally always had a smile on my face and a good laugh when I saw Ryan in something. Priceless and he, both of them will me missed.

Toughen up

Its his own fault and he took another life. Case closed.
TMZ, Lets get back to Kim Kardashian in the airport.
By the way, i am also a Porsche owner and mine does NOT have cup holders. This is what caused the accident Muchacho's. You can do 100MPH but you cant do it holding a beer at the same time.

Lauriedw

Alcohol + porsche = stupid.

repodog67

Very well put youself Sissy. There are just a bunch of inconsiderate a**holes in this world who like to stir up trouble thats what it boils down to.If any of the people on here that bash what happened were faced with this in there personal life , they would not appreciate all the B.S. talk.I bet 95% of the people on here had a drink one time or another and drove but it was ok for them.This is a place for people to comment how they feel, but at this time resonable comments are what should be made not bashing remarks.I guess the bashers on here are close to being 100% angels and never do no wrong. I thought people were suppose to live and learn by mistakes of themselves or others but being 100% perfect dont require that.

Toughen up

I am no Angel. In fact im driving my Porsche while typing this.

Previous 15 Comments | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments