Coroner: Ryan Dunn Died Violent Death

6/21/2011 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn and his passenger each died as result of both blunt force trauma AND the fire that consumed Dunn's Porsche during the crash Monday morning ... this according to the Chester County Coroner.

Ryan Dunn Cause of Death

The Coroner's Office just released the autopsy results for both men -- who, we're told, were each dead by the time officials arrived at the scene.

Based on the autopsy results, the crash was so violent, it seems it was impossible to determine if the two died from the impact of the crash itself or from the fire that resulted.

Officials say the toxicology results for both men -- which would help determine the role alcohol played in the crash -- will be released in 4 to 6 weeks.

TMZ previously reported, officials believe Dunn's car veered off the highway and crashed in a wooded area Monday morning ... before exploding in flames. Investigators believe speed may have been a factor in the crash.

rocnrick

Sorry to hear about the accident THAT DIDN'T NEED TO HAPPEN and to take another person's life as well just for being a JACKASS!! Gee I wonder if downing a qt. of hard liquor just prior to the wreck HAD ANYTHING to do w/it? It looks like only JACKASS' D&D, they'll never learn.......who's next, Lindsey????

onefeather

Tee made a great statement. I agree.

clare

I am completly in shock that hes gone i hoped it was a prank he was my favorite in jackass and viva la bam he seemed like such a cool person, he should not be blamed for the death of his friend it was sucha tragic accident i pray that all his friends and family will be alright especially Bam i seen the video of him at the crash site i havent cried like a baby for ever but i did seeing him breaking down over his friend, im just completly speechless i guess the saying is so true THE GOOD DIE YOUNG RIP RYAN DUNN YOU WILL BE MISSED FOR ETERNITY X

kwa,me

Elton John should do a remake Candle in the Wind for Ryan Dunn!

Goodbye Ryan Dunn
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself…

And it seems to me you lived your life
Like a candle in the wind
Never knowing who to cling to
When the rain set in
And I would have liked to know you
But I was just a kid
Your candle burned out long before
Your legend ever did

I wish that Elton John would continue doing a Candle In The Wind tribute for every celebrity who died.

LOL

Congo

Yes, blame the bartender...idiots!~

DJ

Yep! Alcohol burns rapidly! Ryan Dunn killed a man!!!

Greg

One less moron in the world. 2 Billion to go!

andrew

once again alcohol proves to be more dangerous than marijuana. this is sad because Ryan Dunn was only 34? anyways super young. Decriminalize marijuana!

Jodan

If you make really bad decisions you get really bad concequences. I find it hard to feel sorry for a fallen Jackass especially when he took another life in his stupidity. I am glad no-one else got hurt. Irresponcible "spoiled brat" thing to do. I hope people will think of this next time before getting gooned behind the wheel. Shameful..

steven

its not the responsibility of the bar that serves people drinks, its the person thats drunk and gets into a car and drives. PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY,
Oh no, it must be someone else's fault. ryan dunn killed himself and someone else, thats all there is to it.

ohsnap

XFunc_CaRteR 4 days ago

"So many bars in the Northeast US are out in suburbia. There is not transit out there. People live miles away from where the bars are. Basically, if you are out there at a bar and you get drunk, you pretty much have no choice but to drive home."

Uh..you do have a choice. Don't drink and drive. Designated driver, etc. And btw...I live in the northeast so what the heck are you talking about? Bars in suburbia? Here's a thought: All you fans out there that bought tickets to his movies and thought the antics were cool...you supported his way of life. You made being a 'Jackass' cool. Maybe this will make you stop and think about the types of entertainment and entertainers you support. But I doubt it.

Pam

I understand where everyone is coming from and the point being made. The thing I feel that should be pointed out is this, He and his passenger made the decision to leave the bar together. The passenger is just as responsible for his own actions as Ryan is. My point is this, people die everyday According to the NHTSA someone was dead every 31 minutes and someone was injured every 2 minutes and this was in 2006. http://www.drivingdrunk.org/drunk-driving-deaths.htm The only reason you haters are talking **** is because he was famous. Vince Neil, Lindsay Lohan, Jason Wahler,Stephanie Pratt, Mel Gibson,Roger Avary, etc naming just a small percentage of the celebrities you nut bags worship have all been arrested for DUI. Yet no one is boycotting their movies and music in wanting to be heard that enough is enough of the celebs drinking and driving "AND GETTING AWAY WITH IT". So it is safe to say, SHUT THE **** UP!! Both of these guys should be respected, not because one was funny as hell but because THEY ARE HUMAN, THEY YES THEY MADE A MISTAKE which resulted in the death of two individuals. Ryan should be shown respect not because of he celeb stats but because he was someone's son, brother, spouse,and friend. If you can not show respect for him then at least have a heart and show it to his family and friends by keeping you mouth shut and your rude and unthoughtful "no matter how much truth it holds" comments to yourself. I'm sure all the fans of Jackass do not care what you think either, although you may think they are all dumb doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful. I'm sure the same nut bags that are posting these rude comments are the same pew jumps and hypocrites that think they do no wrong. Grow up!!!!

ANGELA GUY

Runn Dunn was the best..No matter wtf he did is noones buisness but his and Gods...It's not up to u all to Judge him by the actions he took on the night of his death...We all make mistakes once or twice in our lives and he payed for his in the worst of ways taking a friend with him..But hartwell didn't have to take the chance in getting in the car with him if he was plastered...

Pam

ohsnap, you are stupid! IF and that is a BIG IF we go by your moronic way of thinking of the fan's paid for his way of living, then I guess the same can be said for all of mankind. Because we all pay for the celebs lifestyles. I guess next you'll say if only the fan's of Margie Schoedinger, Robert Enke, Freddie Mills, Michael Jackson, Anna Nicole Smith are just a few celebrities who have died from Alcoholism or Drug related. I guess it is the fan's fault for funding their lifestyles as well. RIGHT??? How about this, before you comment, do some research, think about what you are saying, and if it sounds dumb, or only sane to you, THEN DO NOT SAY IT!!!! Here is another good idea, I'm sure the public around where you live funds your lifestyle "every job has to have a public to serve" so how about we take a fine toothed comb and scrutinize every decision you have ever made in your life! I'm sure you have made plenty of mistakes, so those who live in glass houses should be the last to throw stones. BTW maybe you should think about your comment as you are weaving in and out of traffic trying to get home 5 minutes faster than everyone else. Can you count how many accidents you have avoided that had nothing to do with alcohol? Any one of those almost accounts could have killed someone just as this accident did.

Rampworm

Ryan killed his friend sure as shooting him in the head.

Not sure why their drinking friends didn't grab the keys and not allow their Friends to get into a car in that condition.

My guess is they were star-struck by a drunk who could have killed a car load of kids or your mom and pop. Great caring friends a real Dumb Jackass.

Drunks behind the wheel 0-Grim Reaper-2.

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments