« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mark Cuban:

I'll Buy The L.A. Dodgers

IF ...

6/21/2011 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Cuban tells TMZ he's STILL interested in purchasing the L.A. Dodgers ... but he's afraid the team is "such a mess," it wouldn't be worth the investment.

0621_video_launch_dodgers

Cuban appeared on "TMZ Live" Tuesday ... claiming the Dodgers are still an enticing franchise ... but the organization appears to be so messed up financially, that it could be impossible to turn around.

Cuban says he will take a closer look at the team -- and insists, "If they're fixable and the deal is right, then I'm very interested."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

feebee

The passenger said: Hey, Here's my Exit... "SPLAT"

BangherlustBallings

FYI---for Cuban or any sane bright prospective LAD buyer/owner:

Los Doyers Chavez Latrine is located in a ghetto called Echo Park. If you buy the team, your first business plan should be to move them and build a nice stadium in a better part of LA.

Farm club has outsourced the ballclub roster to south of the border mediocrities. When guys like Piazza and LoDuca get traded traded while names like Scioscia and Campanella helped win those rare WS titles, it's time for a local color change.

Third, have uniforms redesigned so that LA gang thugs don't use them as their turf colors and beat up visitors. To save the franchise, a new owner must do all these things. If not, you'll be a sports team slum landlord buying a Dodger Stadium tenement ballpark that belongs to gangbanger fans. Good luck!

Shag

Coolest owner in pro sports. I'd start going to Dodger games again if he owned them.

HangoverPictures.com

I thought Mark Cuban was working with Turtle to buy Avion tequila

en Todo Momento!!

maybe they just need to change the team's name to: the refugees. i mean, brooklyn, los angeles, where are they gonna have to move to next, and how long are they going to be able to stay in one place? by now, the name 'the refugees' is more fitting than 'the dodgers'. i mean come on, really!!

Ken

wow, Cuban and Marion! You guys rock!

Jeremy

Buy them and move them back to Brooklyn.

Jim in Cali

I know Mark is rich but it will cost a lot of capital to own the Dodgers which means he might have to bring in partners. Mark doesn't seem like partner type of guy.

Plus he seems to like the Mavs so much with traveling to every game I think he wouldn't be able to put full effort into the Dodgers with jetting back and forth between Dallas and LA.

Plenty of other rich successful people that live in LA that would be great owners without the name of Mark Cuban.

HangoverPictures.com

Hey Hisjules ... did you pass your test?

sherryper

I will be following your progress!
I wanted to order a dress from
but was afraid to! I just couldn’t find any information
about them to feel comfortable enough to order. Most reviews I found were
obviously left by them and were just too glowing to trust. That and
I was afraid of any customs charges that would a surprise, and the fact
that the dress would be nonrefundable if I hated it!

get a life ho

THE DALLAS DODGERS !

Kind of has a nice ring to it .,,..,.,,.,.,

Move the team to Dallas and turn the Chavez ravine into a place where gangs could freely fight and kill each other ,.,.,oh wait .,.its already that
( echo park )

Warren

Mark is a great businessman. He's talking the value down before he submits his bid.

danny

I think anyone would be a fool to get involved with MLB right now. Until MLB makes an attempt to clean up their act in regards to steriod use(A-Rod) when it is alright if certain teams abuse steriods and pentalize others and cover up who the abusers are, who really cares.

DianeC

If Mark Cuban buys the DODGERS I will never watch that team until he is gone!
I will never forget his reality show a few years ago and how
shabbily he treated one of his contestants! He acted like a spoiled, rich bully jackass!

I WILL NEVER LIKE MARK CUBAN EVER AGAIN!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments