« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Raheem Brock Arrest -- Philly Cheesesteak Defense

6/21/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NFL badass Raheem Brock tells TMZ he did NOT skip out on a restaurant bill in Philly last week -- insisting his arrest was a big misunderstanding stemming from a sudden craving for cheesesteak.

0621_raheem_brock_EX

The Seattle Seahawks defensive end tells us ... the drama began after Raheem, his cousin and a female friend went to the Copacabana restaurant to order some food Thursday night.

Brock says after the group placed the order, Brock's female friend decided she would rather get a cheesesteak from a place across the street ... so she and Brock walked over while Raheem's cousin waited at Copacabana. But when they returned to the Cope ... the waitress wouldn't let them bring the cheesesteak inside.

Brock says his group canceled their food order and left ... thinking everything was cool -- until the cops arrived to the scene and told Brock he'd been accused of running out on the bill.

Brock says he offered to pay $40 for the $27 bill ... but the manager refused to accept payment. Raheem was then arrested on suspicion of theft of services and resisting arrest.

Brock tells TMZ, "While I was in 'cuffs, I explained to the manager that I own restaurants ... and if there's a policy about paying for food that hasn't come out ... then it should have been explained to us before we left."

A rep for the Copacabana had no comment.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Spencer B in MD

Brock placed an order and then left..? Without even notifying the waitress that he was cancelling the order..? They obviously were in the kitchen preparing the order so Brock should have to pay for it!
Some people just don't like behaving by the rules. Ever.

Period.

Mika

I know im late but that site balleraddict(com) is unreal <-- golddiggers will never cease to amaze me

sellmyoldclothes

@scientific

you've never been to philly, have you?

you're the racist.

Sundae

1. I've eaten at both places - just depends on what you are craving which is better. ( Johnny Rockets is wayyyyyy better than both)
2. He was asked to pay the bar tab and refused. (or really the female in the party refused and he went along)
3.Publicity? Really - maybe what it is about is someone who thinks they can get away with crap because they throw a ball around.
4. If it were you or me, the same thing would have happened.

ShawNette Blevins

Maybe he should be made to do some PSA like Nene Leakes. She may be a bully but she does do some good for some folks. I just happen to see this on www.sicklecelldisease.org. Check it out!!!

Mika

mike

The owner needed the publicity. All this over $27 bucks. He knew who this guy was and wanted to take it to another level. The owner is a jerk for not taking the money and the police are bigger morons for the arrest. Then it is Philly and that should explain it all.

Misse

Jims is FAR better than Copa... GOOD CHOICE BROCK

GO BIRDS

Scientific

@sellmyoldclothes

Obviously you can't tell when people are joking...next time I'll add an LOL so you know for sure..sorry I didn't dumb it down for you.

AF

f*ck....now i want a cheesesteak.

Mike44090

Well, It's a better story than Lindsay Lohan came up with.

niles

I'm sure that these people were beligerent and had the manners of beasts raised in a barn. Add to that the arrogance of being a "star" athlete, and you a recipe for trouble.

HSisadick

Really? How old are you? 7? Pleassseeeee.......

Puckett

The chick made the right call. Who wants to eat at some place called "Copabanana" when you can get a real Philly cheesesteak right across the street? I mean really!? No brainer...

karlew

Late night Toronto and you're not only charged for food that hasn't come out but you're paying for it up front. It's a little insulting but it stops this crap from happening.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments