Police:

Ryan Dunn

Crashed at 130 MPH

6/21/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan Dunn was doing 130 miles-per-hour in his Porsche at the time of the horrible crash that killed the "Jackass" star and his passenger -- this according to West Goshen police.

0620_ryan_dunn_tmz_bn_1

Police Chief Michael Carroll told reporters an accident reconstruction team determined the speed of the crash after inspecting the accident scene. Officials say Dunn's car collided with a guardrail at high speed, crashed in the woods and burst into flames.

According to Carroll, the crash was catastrophic -- claiming he's "never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was ... even before it caught on fire."

Carroll called the accident the "worst" he's ever seen ... by far.

c-man

I have a hard time associating the word 'accident' with this story. 130 mph an hour? Drinking heavily beforehand? What's with everyone defending him and treating this like it's some tragic surprising accident.. like lightning rained down on this guy out of the clear blue sky?

RedDead

@ Chicago Nick keep judging people and see where you end up my friend.. "god Bless"

Buckaroobonzai

this is what happens when people who shouldn't be rich become rich. With money comes great responsibility!

niles

Thank god they only killed themselves instead of innocent people. He was indeed a jackass.

Rabbitt

It's not an accident when you choose to drive drunk. It's not a 'mistake' either as so many defenders are crying. It's a crime that took his passenger's life as well. If he'd survived he'd be going to jail for manslaughter at the least. And thank God he didn't get any innocent bystanders on his way out of this world.

And for all those who cry foul about how the justice system is harassing the likes of Lindsay Lohan...THIS IS WHY. Drunk driving is as bad as walking into a crowd and drunkenly firing a gun at random. You might not mean to injure anyone but the odds are against you and its a choice you make.

victorpark

I bet those sweet tatts looked good after the crash.

What a d-bag this a-s-s-clown was.

Keep crying, 'friends'.

ed

make me laugh clown.
you crashing and dying while drunk doesn't make me laugh.
over paid alcoholic court jester.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

idiot died by his own stupidness........wanted to be big and bad...nows he fried and dead! he was showing off and bragging about being bombed...now hes dead a passenger is dead....and idiots are saying this is tragic....not tragedies like this could be prevented if he used his head....oh thats right he was a jackass!

BarrysConspiracyWorld

Very sad story. They claimed that Princess Diana's car was travelling 130mph. It was going 60mph at most. She was murdered. Old technique of CIA and MI-6 for built in deniability.

Straight Talkin Texan

Drinking and then driving over 100 mph. NOT smart.

JoeP

The fact that this dude only managed to kill two people (himself and his passenger) still amazes me. I have been on the highway with people driving like idiots, weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, and speeding like bats out of hell, and I always think to myself (as I'm getting the hell out of their way), "It won't be long before this clown is on someone's t-shirt with a dash between when he was born and when he died."

NYchick

DAYYYYUM. 130MPH....really, REALLY? Drinking or not, how can anyone safely drive at that speed on a public road? The answer: they cant. I feel bad for his family and friends grieving his loss, but come on man. JACKASS for real...my sympathy level just went waaaaaaaay down

NobodySpecial

130MPH = STUPID DRUNK DOUCHEBAG

Thank you for reading.

TheTruth

If he had been smoking POT he would have been driving 5MPH and felt like he was going 130MPH !!! Much safer choice I would say.

Regulator

Maybe Dunn was an Islamic extremist? That gigantic O.B.L. beard didn't ring a bell with anyone else? I wonder if he screamed "Allahu Akbar" before he purposefully rammed those trees killing his sworn enemy the US Iraq War veteran?