Police:

Ryan Dunn

Crashed at 130 MPH

6/21/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan Dunn was doing 130 miles-per-hour in his Porsche at the time of the horrible crash that killed the "Jackass" star and his passenger -- this according to West Goshen police.

0620_ryan_dunn_tmz_bn_1

Police Chief Michael Carroll told reporters an accident reconstruction team determined the speed of the crash after inspecting the accident scene. Officials say Dunn's car collided with a guardrail at high speed, crashed in the woods and burst into flames.

According to Carroll, the crash was catastrophic -- claiming he's "never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was ... even before it caught on fire."

Carroll called the accident the "worst" he's ever seen ... by far.

Philly

Alykatt, dude he dosen't have an estate he's broke an lives wit bamm.

Smartypants

You drink, you drive, you speed, you die! RedDead if anyone speeds they risk an accident but when you are drunk your mind is altered and you are not attentive to your driving. Being a Jackass he was always been a risk taker and assumed he would survive this as he has the many stupid stunts he has performed. Unfortunately this was his final stunt! May God have mercy on his soul.

Chuck

drinkanddriver 46 minutes ago

Ive noticed how frickin hatefull most of you are . You think your better then everybody . Its something ive noticed from people that work for corporate america. Your stuck doing the same crap everyday. day in and day out . Its a horrible way to live . Same time everyday. I use to be like that. Then i became my own boss with a 6 figure salery and now i see how horrible you corporate zombies are. None of you could afford a car like he was driving. and most of you are to stupid to have your own business. You can never have real fun with just 3 or 4 weeks vacation in a year. You are owned and have no idea what freedom is like. piece.
_________________

The severe irony in your statement, it appears that you have hatred for and think you're better than everyone else that doesn't work for themselves or make six figures. In regards to Ryan, it's unfortunate that he didn't make a better decision about driving this fast as well as driving after drinking. I never will understand why someone works so hard to get where he was professionally and then do something to screw it up in a heartbeat.

duhwinner

way to kill someone, jackass..thank god it wasn't more

gayle

I'm more upset at the car being totaled than him dying!!! What an idiot! He will now be known as the stupid douche that drove drunk and killed his friend...PERIOD!!!

siennagold

I'm sorry for his family and friends. But I feel lack of sympathy for him. He was an idiot. He was wreckless and he killed his passenger.

Stella

an open letter to all:

The real sad part of this story isn't the fact that someone died, or the fact that that someone was or wasn't a "celebrity" it's the fact that he had everything at the tip of his fingers and completely took it for granted. sure he could afford that nice ride and could party where/when/how he wanted and with who. But you know what he had? He had the luxuries that most of Americans don't. He could afford basic room and board, 3 meals a day, a car let alone gas and health insurance.

As I sit here typing with one hand while my 6mo daughter play on my lap I am hopeless. my 89 year old grandma is sitting in the living room oblivious to the anxiousness and stress we are feeling just to take care of the very bare necessities to keep her well. She recieves 1,200 before taxes in SS but apparently that isn't considered poverty level so she doesn't qualify for governmental help. my dad is a roofer who makes next to nothing a month and has to pay out of pocket for everything. My 63 year old aunt (Bless her heart) has been working literally 27/7 (how I wish that were an exaggeration) taking care of my grandma by feeding/dressing/cleaning/bathing her. You name it she does it. She does this for NO PAY because we cant afford to pay her. The only tradeoff we could offer her was to live in the house rent free and in return turn she had to agree to turn her life over and dedicate all of herself to helping my grandma. And since she can't even afford to live on her own she had no choice but to take us up on our offer.Sure we have a helper come in a few times a week for 200 and how we pay her is a miracle that I will never understand. We are stretched beyond our means in every imaginable way. I am this close to asking for handouts because we are just beyond tired beyond exhaustion beyond even being civil to each other over simply taking care of my grandma. All of this and I'm not even touching on the half of it. It is tearing my family apart and I am heart broken. I am in tears watching my family go through this I cant even tell you how sick it makes me. How sick I am at how I can hardly afford to buy the box of adult diapers month that I am asked to contribute. I'm embarrassed of what my family has become.

AND ALL HE HAD TO DO WAS HIRE A DRIVER FOR THE NIGHT.

Where is the fairness in that?? Life sure is funny sometimes. Maybe one day I will look back on this time and laugh...

I am posting this as many places as I can so that hopefully everyone reading will stop for a second and realize that it really can get worse. Hopefully all the celebrities will realize that what they have is a privilege and that most people would do anything to be in their shoes for no other reason then to afford a dignified life that they are not ashamed of.

And for everyone that is down and out on celebrities with addiction problems, like Brook Muller, give it a rest. Addiction is a desease that has no cure. How can anyone expect her (or anyone) to get better when all people do it point and judge? Who are we to give up on her? Instead of nasty messages and hurtful words why not show a little compassion and understanding. If that was your mother or your aunt would you point and laugh at her and tell her how hopeless she was? I'd put all my money on no you wouldn't. You would cry with her and hold her hand and tell her everything will be alright and that she has a sholder to lean on when things get tough. You would hug her and promise to do all you can to help her and let her know she is not alone. You would love her. Why then are you all so quick to judge a total stranger?

Take my will & my life,
Guide me in my recovery,
Show me how to live.

misspellings and grammar issues and the like are in this post but I can care less. I have bigger fish to fry.

-Hopeless

ksinva

Jackass....

Penalope

Just beacause someone makes a bad decision and the result is horrible there is no reason to be a prick about it. Both people in this tragic accident are loved and missed by family, friends, and fans. Everyone has an opinion but being respectful of the people mourning the loss of Ryan Dunn and his passenger Zach Hartwell is importain. And wether alcohol was involved or not in this situation Zach had a choice to get in the car or get a cab. He decided to get in and therefore he is at fault just as much as the driver. Two guys made a bad decision and they paid the ultimate price. My heart goes out to all who are grieving.

zara1985

**** u all who dont respect him

Heather

WE LOVE YOU RYAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sprmcandy

Learn how to drive, simple.

TibbieMom

"Officials say Dunn's car collided with a guardrail..."
Sorry, but in order for there to have been a "collision," BOTH items - the car and the guardrail - would have been moving. A car hitting something stationary is not a "collision."

Jill

Only a jackass would drive 130 mph on a public roadway endangering the lives of the innocent.

Ash13

Seriously how can people write such hateful things! These were real people with families and friends who are feeling pain I couldnt even imagine:(must be great to be so perfect and judge others for their tragic mistakes!! Rest easy ryan and zack:(

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments