Police:

Ryan Dunn

Crashed at 130 MPH

6/21/2011 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan Dunn was doing 130 miles-per-hour in his Porsche at the time of the horrible crash that killed the "Jackass" star and his passenger -- this according to West Goshen police.

0620_ryan_dunn_tmz_bn_1

Police Chief Michael Carroll told reporters an accident reconstruction team determined the speed of the crash after inspecting the accident scene. Officials say Dunn's car collided with a guardrail at high speed, crashed in the woods and burst into flames.

According to Carroll, the crash was catastrophic -- claiming he's "never seen a car destroyed in an automobile accident the way this car was ... even before it caught on fire."

Carroll called the accident the "worst" he's ever seen ... by far.

Princess D

I think it's fair to call him a drunk SOB, since this is the first time I've ever heard of him. Sorry I missed his minute of fame...sticking a toy in his rectum on television. So, now he's an immortal Jackass, isn't he? The word has been redefined for us. "Don't be a Jackass!" should be the new slogan for anti-drinking & driving groups!

RedDead

"YES, I'VE DRIVEN FAST. BUT NEVER, EVER, HAVE I DRIVEN WHILE INTOXICATED. BIG DIFFERENCE."

@ John... Where is the proof that he was intoxicated... this is my point that no one seems to get... the only ones who even mentioned alcohol was TMZ, twitter, and Radar Online. They made their own assumptions of what happened. So curb the excitement until we know what the story is. He is Dead regardless but let the facts come out before crucifying him and saying that he deserves to die... NO ONE deserves to die...

Ronald RayGun

I think the second set of skid marks was from Ryan's fat as********* the asphalt going 130 mph!

Vinsetta

After his best friend dying in the fashion he did with that GT3, anyone think Bam will be scared enough to ditch his Lambos? Probably a stupid question, but I'd be traumatized enough to not want to drive one. I guess I'd be thinking of Ryan if I ever got on it. I just couldn't enjoy the thing. Maybe not permanently but in a year or so. Really liked Ryan Dunn and I think he got caught up in a street race, based on the skid marks. I'm not gonna go and reset drinking and driving. We all know about it.

travcm

Trae said: "When you wreck at 80 is a LOT different (technically) than wrecking at 130mph, for every 10 mph over 50mph you do, the force of impact increases."

So you're saying that if I drive faster the force of impact increases? This is some advanced stuff you are spewing out. I also like how you seem to think that force only increases in increments of 10 mph and only over 50 mph. Funniest thing I've read all day.

Em

No one should ever celebrate someone’s death or desecrate the loss of human life with ignorant words. But, when you drink to get drunk you do it knowing that you’re losing inhibition as well as control. Driving on a rural road driving 100+ mph is going to end badly whether or not you've been drinking. Some stunts you can do without getting hurt-other stunts don’t end so well and you end up killing friends and innocent bystanders. Luckily, the latter was not affected. Unfortunately, two people were killed because of ill-thought decisions. There’s a difference between empathy and sympathy. I feel for his family, friends, and fans and even for himself for being so careless with his own life and the life of someone else. However, every choice has consequences and he put himself in the situation that ended up killing him and a friend who risked his life countless times as a Navy Seal. So, instead of badgering each other over the internet maybe we should all just see this as a lesson of what happens when you behave so callously towards life.

Fay Kaiser

YOU IRRESPONSIBLE ******* !
KILL YOURSELF, I COULD CARE LESS...BUT KILLING SOMEONE ELSE...BECAUSE YOU ARE AN IDIOT, THAT IS TRULY THE ACTIONS OF A SELFISH PIG......I HOPE HIS FAMILY SUES YOU FOR MILLIONS.........

Sanbwen

Hi, I'm Ryan Dunn and this is the Drunken Car-b-que.

Jason

Out of 30+ various bars I have been in around the state of Pennsylvania. I have only seen one of them shut someone off for being drunk. All the rest I have seen bartenders continue to server customers, some to the point of falling over and even passing out in the bar. Now, as a responsible driver, I know not to go out and drink and drive. I even have been ticketed for public intox - those of you who live in PA know how to easy that is. I wasn't driving but that doesn't matter with the cops. Just waiting outside the bar for a cab and bam. Hefty little ticket and an appearance in court. I thought it was a ****ty thing to do, so I got a lawyer and fought it. You know what I was told ? ? I could have gotten behind the wheel that night, killed someone and I would have gotten in less trouble. It would have been the bars fault. All fault would go back on the bar. How screwed up is that. Yes the bar should be held accountable - but if you are told by your lawyer and the judge re: the alternative. It's cheaper and safer legally to actually drive.

That bar needs to be SHUT down. And for what Dunn did to the parents and family of his passenger. I hope they get every single cent Dunn has as well as the bars.

jack-55d79

@Steinberg

"Uh what?! 80 mph vs 130 mph is a big difference there Einstein. Who said Jackass fans weren't smart? lol

ps Ryan Dunn is a piece of dog **** and he got what he paid for. Risking other peoples lives over his own selfish carelessness. **** HIM!"

The chances of death or serious injury double for every 10 mph over 50 mph that a vehicle is travelling - 80 mph is still taking risks. Which is why there are speed limits. 130mph is much worse than 80mph though.

Lori

Thank goodness no other cars were involved in this reckless accident. I smell a lawsuit by the passenger's family though...I know I would sue!

Jayden

At least the idiot only killed himself and the idiot that was drinking with him. I'm glad he didn't waste an entire family traveling down the same road. He was irresponsible, and thought he was above the law. Money and fame and ego can't bring him back. Let that be a lesson to the other Jackass morons setting their ass hair on fire and farting into bottles the next time they stammer into their overpriced chunks of fiberglass drunk as ****.

Carolyn

I feel no sympathy for the driver. However I do feel bad for the passenger.

who cares

Got rich off of doing stupid stunts and died doing stupid stunt. I call that fitting for a selfish individual who thinks it is ok if he drinks and drives never mind at 130mph.

He didn't care if he put other peoples life at risk so you so called fans got a lot of nerve saying we are being harsh mean cruel or anything else like that. Because what this idiot has done far exceeds any of this. Ryan didn't care that he was putting other lives at risk so **** him and Bam and anyone else that has anything to say about people being hard on the dead man.

Being respectful starts with not drinking and driving and putting innocent lives at risk!

Regulator

BW Great Video find. Now the family is sooooo shocked. They had a death pool of him dieing in a car accident. Some motherf*cker just got paid out! I hope the odds were good. I'd probably just pay 2:1 odds for the lolz.