Chris Brown

I Didn't Mean

to Piss Off the Gays

6/22/2011 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown just lied through his teeth ... tweeting that he has "total respect for [the] Gay community" after dropping another gay slur in L.A. yesterday.

0622_chris_brown_tweet_bn_2

He never apologizes ... but instead writes a half-assed, dismissive explanation saying, "my intention was not to insult anyone."

Listen to the way he hurls the word around -- Chris clearly used the word "gay" as an insult ... no two ways around it.

Still, we still gotta ask ...

puddintang

I think the hard on TMZ has for Chris Brown is gay. I don't even like the guy but this is weak and ridiculous.

w

OMGosh you fruity little wussies, grow a friggin back bone, its a term people use, last I heard we have freedom of speech, you all crying about it are gay!, gay gay gay!!, who cares, there are more important things to worry about in this world other then what Chris Brown does next, its disgusting how the main stream media that includes you TMZ have the right to spew your antiANTI gay bullshhh*t buy telling us YOUR OPINIONS clearly stated in this article, and guess what, thats your right!, yet Chris Brown gets basically thrown across a room for calling someone gay, TMZ is TWO FACED. stfu we know the majority of hollywood and the crew at TMZ are gay but grow up, shrug it off, grow some ballls.

gramercy808

Chris Brown sounds like a biatch and he's retarded. He beats women and hates gays? What a queen. And his music sucks, it's the worst attempt at r&b pop nonsense, but no one song comes to mind...he really sucks.

Seayonce

I mean really....do yall have staff dedicated to chris brown's twitter timeline? Slow news week?

Eddie

Poor kid, he is uneducated and cannot express himself well. That tweet is a hot mess of bad grammar (yes, even on Twitter lack of education comes across loud and clear) and insincerity (his 'intention' was to offend someone else by calling them GAY when he had no idea if they are homosexual or not, because, y'see, GAY = BAD/LAME/DUMB/SILLY/STUPID).

Rob

Is TMZ OWNED by homos?

Just Reading

This is the most pathetic piece of bias journalism I have seen in quite some time. TMZ can recognize that the "N" word is slang when it pronounced with the "ggas" ending, but don't recognize the use of the word "gay" in it's slang form of meaning being vindictive or manipulative....oh wait, could it be TMZ finds it offensive because it's a good story to "manipulate" for the sake of ratings? In street lingo....TMZ THAT is so gay!

Maya

I dont dislike the gay community but thats just plain nasty for the same sex to have interest in one another....Chris Brown is a human being just like every one else people say negative things all the time but just because he's Chris Brown... everybody thinks he needs to be perfect nobody is perfect but we all are human and we do have feelings...People need to learn how to let things stay in the past and never bring them up again....I love Chris Brown hes perfect in my eyes...people make mistakes all the time and the situation that happened 2 years ago dont even exist anymore...SO PEOPLE LAY OFF OF CHRIS BROWN....

weird al yankovich

How great of a world do we live in where person like this still has fans ?

bean

Yeah chris is a douche yes but TMZ, dont be one of those stupid sources that skips words to create tension. You seem to have forgotten the IT when making your point. He didnt say he didnt use the word gay as an insult like you're making out. He said he didn't mean to insult anyone in the gay community. There is a big difference and removing "it" makes a massive difference. He's still a douche yes he is indeed, but proper journalism please.

cjkitti

Are you freaking KIDDING me???!! I'm not a Chris Brown fan either way.... but I'm a fan of common sense and he's a comedian, they INSULT when they make jokes. They insult whites, blacks, jews, muslims...on and on...This gay sensitivity thing is out of hand with everyone having to apologize for every little thing that's said. Learn to laugh at yourselves and quit bitchin aleady!!!

Paris K

I hear Tracy Morgan is looking for an assistant

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

This guy's always been s*** and even after beatin the ***** out of a woman hollywood and Musicland turns their cheeks for the dough, s***. He shoulda been caged then. So I can't stand the guy period.

As for what he said, I'm sick of the word police too. I'm an American Italian dago whop and word Nazi's are spineless momo's. You won't ever tell me what I can and cannot say. I don't work for you people out there so blow me. This isn't Nazi Germany, not quite yet.

Peter Beckerman

Ever since Harvey sort of came out, he has really used the site and show as a platform for his belief system. I agree that no one should say anything nasty about anything or anyone but it's just not going to happen. I am sure there are tons of other slurs bandied about amongst celebrities but Harvey constantly focuses on the gay ones. He doesn't seem to have any problem with discrimination against women, even to the point where he yelled out that Hilary's intern had a nice ass. The newsroom is filled with men, even married men, who are constantly drooling over women and don't mind objectifying them. It's got so bad that even Charles makes numerous remarks about women and shames his wife by doing it. if Harvey continues to allow this type of behavior about women, no one is going to take him very seriously about gay slurs. Why should we? He needs to stick to more interesting celebrity news, something besides legal stories and ones about gay slurs.

frank

Most people by now realize CB has issues. Why must TMZ instigate? Stop throwing stones at him. Let him hang himself, he really doesn't need your help...