Chris Brown

I Didn't Mean

to Piss Off the Gays

6/22/2011 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown just lied through his teeth ... tweeting that he has "total respect for [the] Gay community" after dropping another gay slur in L.A. yesterday.

0622_chris_brown_tweet_bn_2

He never apologizes ... but instead writes a half-assed, dismissive explanation saying, "my intention was not to insult anyone."

Listen to the way he hurls the word around -- Chris clearly used the word "gay" as an insult ... no two ways around it.

Still, we still gotta ask ...

FireontheBayou

S*** of the earth. The kid needs to get an education. I'd like to drop him in the South in the 1950s and see how discrimination works for him.

DEEZZNUTZZ

WELL IN AMERICA FOR WHAT EVER REASON THAT STILL MYSTIFIES ME, WHERE WE PROVIDE A CERTAIN LEVEL OF POWER AND AUDIENCE FOR "GAYS" I GUESS HE SHOULD HAVE CHOSE ANOTHER WORD TO USE! PRETTY SOON GAYS ARE GONNA HAVE THEIR OWN STATE SOON SO CHRIS HAS TO WATCH OUT, I'M PRETTY SURE CONGRESS IS WORKING ON MAKING USING HOMOPHOBIC SLURS ILLEGAL IN THE UNITED STATES LOL... GOSHHHH WHAT THE **** HAPPENED TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH?? ******* ****** ASS TMZ!! IN THE BLACK COMMUNITY WE DON'T THINK ABOUT USING THE WORD "GAY" IN THE WAY CHRIS USED IT BUT ITS NOT TO SAY THAT WE'RE SAYING THE PERSON IS GAY BUT RATHER DESCRIBING WHAT THEY DID WAS PETTY=PRESSED=GAY!!!!

myliverhurts

one things for sure gays and gay groups are a bunch of crybabies.

leslie

WHEN I WAS WAS IN FIRST GRADE I LEARNED YOU CAN'T LIKE EVERYONE AND EVERYONE WON'T LIKE YOU. AS I GREW UP I REALIZED THE ONLY WAY TO GET THROUGH LIFE WAS TO TOUGH UP A BIT. AT 60 EVERY DAY I HEAR A STORY ABOUT THIS PERSON, THIS RACE,AND ON AND ON AND ON. THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN BE OPENLY CRITIZED ARE FAT PEOPLE. YOU GET A FREE PASS ON THAT ONE. I WONDER WHY THAT IS.?

TD

I am so sick and tired of you people (everyone) who gets all pissed off with someone using the word "gay" as an adjective. Who the hell do you GAYS think you are thinking the word gay MUST be a slur when it can mean something else? Hell, it meant something else before it meant homosexual. Grow the hell up.

Douchbag

TMZ is gay for posting crap like this no one cares.

ladidaaa

@Nefilym... Right on!! I wish they'd have started all of this sooner if we had known that THIS would be the answer to get black & white folks together!!

S.b.

Did TMZ hire people from perezhilton? Ridiculous, making a big deal over the word gay. This is not gossip worthy! People can express themselves however they want. Get over it!!!!

MartyMcFly

Ugh. I'm so sick of how PC everybody has to be nowadays. If you say something anything you have some group coming after you or TMZ acting like children that don't understand there is a dual meaning for the term. Saying something or somebody is gay either refers to their actual sexuality OR it has nothing to do with sexuality. Get over it and grow up.

ric

Chris Brown is a piece of $%^!, and should be boycotted.

sun659

Sticks and stones people- why are we letting this guys words bother you all. I suppose you all are from the "everyone get's a trophy" club too. Paying to much attention to this. Move on!!!!!!

christi

what part was a gay slur? dont gay people call themselves gay? good lord grow up and stop being such babies. i love how its okay for him to use the n-word but calling someone gay is a big no no...whatever

MsFab

really not that big of a deal! ... he is not a homophobe, hasn't anyone ever used that term, but meaning stupid/dumb, not to offend gay people. Loosen up, damn!

Puckett

JackoOnHisBacko 40 minutes ago
I love how blacks now have to actually watch their mouths now, like whites do. Getting a big dose of the PC patrol watching every word. I actually don't care about the words he said. I just love them having to taste their own medicine.

---

lol, it's amusing isn't it?

Boba Lola

who the F cares if he did say it in a negative way???! Freedom of speech! Not everyone likes Gays!! And we can't be FORCED to either, stop shoving it down our throats!