Gay Rights Group: Chris Brown's Slur Is 'Unacceptable'

6/22/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Human Rights Campaign is lashing out at Chris Brown for the homophobic remark he made in L.A. yesterday -- telling TMZ, the singer's anti-gay language is "just plain unacceptable."

0622_chris_brown_hrc_ex

A rep for the HRC tells us, "Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better."

The rep adds, "He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions."

As we previously reported, Brown accused several photogs of tipping off parking enforcement to his illegally parked car -- saying, "Y'all n**gas is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'ALL N**GAS IS GAY!"

So far, no comment from Chris' camp.

Deanna

I miss the days when people didn't get offended every time someone else breathed... you know, back when gay meant you were happy :)

Madlebags

First why are the HUmanRights people making a bigger deal out of this than it was!! I didnt even know about it till they brought it up! Its freedom of speech people!!!! Second when the hell did Chris Brown decide to become ghetto? All the sudden he talks like he is fromthe hood now, that kid doesnt know anything about the hood and needs to act right. He is not ghetto so he needs to stop tryin to hard to have that image!

Shady

This is getting old! If there is nothing wrong w/being gay as all the gays/lesbians state - why are they so easily offended. Like children. Everyone needs to stop appoligizing to the GLAAD. Just ignore them, they are harrassing people. Let them be! I bet gays call people names also! Sick of this! Making me more against gay marriage than FOR it! Cause you all are driving the country crazy!

tony

This is how this whole story will play out.Chris Brown will apologize.They wont forgive him unless he does something for a gay person. whether it be going to a gay shelter (Tracy Morgan) Or Go to a gay Nba (Kobe).Then this whole thing will be over and another celebrity will use a gay slur and this same story will be blown up on the news again.

Ms. K.

CORRECT SHADY

Michael

This is a joke, no? This HRC? Calling someone gay in any context is hardly a violation of human rights! LMAO. This HRC does not represent me, a gay. How is this HRC being funded....?

yessir

HE'S RICH. Why in the world is he lashing out about a parking ticket? I think he has anger issues. He spazzed out on GMA when Robin asked him a simple question and we already know what he did to Rihanna's face.

Eddie

I remember a few years ago, at a COMEDY show, when Michael Richards ('Kramer' of Seinfeld) called some black guys in the audience the N-word. Just freedom of speech right? Artistic expression? Satirical license? Riiiight????

No, it was offensive and all his white liberal and conservative friends shunned him, many publicly.

Why does the black community overwhelmingly think differently in the case of Chris Brown?? He was obviously angry and used these words in a hateful and demeaning way -- AND he has done it before (see his previous comments for more evidence). Kobe Bryant, Joakim Noah, Tracy Morgan, Chris Brown...all this in the last three months. Wow!! All pooh-pooh'ed and apologized for and explained away.

Bottom line: if you have to resort to using words like 'gay', 'retard', N-word, '***__t', then you really are showing how uneducated and ridiculous you are, and how little self-control you have. Base instinct is all you got. To wit: don't forget Brown is the dude who savagely beat up his girlfriend the night before she was to perform on the Grammy Awards in front of tens of millions of people.

Alyssa

I agree with kyrookie...is the NAACP gonna want an apology to????? GLAAD is getting a little out of control...I sure hope no one ever catches wind of any of their affiliates playfully using a "gay slur"......be careful - you never know where GLAAD lurks lol.....

Mikey

If they don't like the word gay might I suggest they use the word ****?

tony

Your comment is perfect shady.Sometimes I really do wanna support gays.But yet they get so upset over words.And then they will compare themselves to blacks.With blacks its was more then words.

Michael

So many of you are right here. People have really begun to let themselves be intimidated by certain minority "watchdogs." Political correctness is grossly absurd. Ann Coulter is right on the money. They are like modern day mobsters who run around bullying everybody.There I said it. First, they cry then they bully. And I'm gay, just not delusional.

mike green

Hey gay rights groups. You are gay. Deal with it.

30 years ago, "gay" meant happy. No group owns the word and most people consider the word "gay" to mean lame and not homosexual. Get over it.

Jackie

@US: I think only in your Country they never get over with this bs of N. I call MY friends N word here and they really smile. I think all N's should let the rest to use the word and so the gays.