Gay Rights Group: Chris Brown's Slur Is 'Unacceptable'

6/22/2011 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Human Rights Campaign is lashing out at Chris Brown for the homophobic remark he made in L.A. yesterday -- telling TMZ, the singer's anti-gay language is "just plain unacceptable."

0622_chris_brown_hrc_ex

A rep for the HRC tells us, "Invoking words meant to demean gay Americans is just plain unacceptable. Chris Brown should know better."

The rep adds, "He irresponsibly neglected to recognize the impact of his words and the unacceptable message that it sends to couple the word gay with negative actions."

As we previously reported, Brown accused several photogs of tipping off parking enforcement to his illegally parked car -- saying, "Y'all n**gas is weak. Did you all call them to try and film me? Y'ALL N**GAS IS GAY!"

So far, no comment from Chris' camp.

BigmoneyBleezy

I hope he tells them **** off. But given his past he is not really in a position to do that. Gay/********hould be by now universally accepted as a derogatory comment implying a dislike for something or someone and is in no way DIRECTLY targeting homosexuals.

Slow news day, eh?

Stephen Redmod

the human rights campaign is gay.....when are people going to worry about actual problems here at home? I'm more concerned about the economy coming up so we don't bottom america out and people having stable retirements but let's go off on celebrities for gay slurs........GAY.....I never had a problem with gay people until everybody that supports them became bitches

MB

GET OVER IT!!!! I have a gay brother and friends, and I call stuff "gay" all the time. They are not offended. I have a mentally handicapped sister and call things "retarded". Its just a words!! I agree with the "sticks & stones" comment.

Ms. K.

LIKE I SAID IT'S BEEN BLOWN WAY OUT OF CONTROL, IN A MINUTE IF YOU LOOK AT A GAY PERSON THE WRONG WAY YOU'RE GOING TO BE ACCUSED OF ABUSING THEM IN SOME KIND OF WAY. I GUESS THE BIBLE WAS RE-WRITTEN AND IT'S NOT A SIN ANYMORE. KOBE, CHRIS, JOAKIM AND TRACY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY WHAT THE F??? THEY FEEL, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN DON'T SUPPORT NOTHING THEY DO, JUST STOP BEING BITCHY AND A CRY BABY AND MOVE THE HELL ON.....NEXT STORY TMZ CAUSE THIS ONE IS WACK

josh

Hey Gays you ARE GAY, GET OVER IT!! We have free speech in this country and you and your civil rights group complaining all the time is SO FREAKING GAY!!!

clarissa

PLEASE GET OVER IT!!!! EVERYONE MAKES A BIG D#$% DEAL ABOUT EVERY LITTLE COMMENT....THEIR ARE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT THEN WHAT SOMEONE SAYS WHEN THEIR ANGRY...DOESN'T MEAN THEY MEAN IT....GEEZZZZZ SO TIRED OF HEARING EVERYONE CRY ABOUT EVERY LITTLE COMMENT!!!!!! THIS ISN'T HEADLINES....

Ang

I'm so Sic of Stupid people making a Big ASS deal for using the "GAY" word get the **** over it......this word has been said and used with a totally diff meaning behind it when said doesnt always refer to someones Sexuality......People are just getting way too Lame these days.....UGHHHH!!

llarsen89

What i think is ridiculous, is how people dont think being "homosexual" isnt a mental illness... Of course it is... creatures weren't made to be having sex with the same sex. The human race is so twisted.

Observer

I can't stand Chris Brown-Eye

Yet I can't stand even more,
the 'Overly Sensitive' 'Politically Correct' 'Freedom of Speech Molesters' of 'HRC' 'GLAAD' and all other 'Groups' that sit there and play the 'Victim' card any and every chance they get.

GROW UP! Grow some skin already! Being such wimps is hurting your so called 'causes' far more now than helping them.

Cry Babies!

weird al yankovich

Chris Brown = Ultimate DOUCHE

Gay Rights Groups = Getting too sensitive and needs to chill back a bit lately. World is already yours

Silverado Mom

This is training people to be offended even if they aren't.

dee

look in the dictionary Gay means happy, I am so sick of crybaby pissy pants over everything. I had someone call me and old cracker but i just laughed..and said that's senior saltine to you...

lauren

people need to stop crying about using the term gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It wasn't intended to be a homophobic gay slur and everyone knows this so stop getting you panties in a bunch and get the F over it!!! Nobody can say anything these days!!!

Jen

You gays really need to get some thicker foreskin.

Eddie

NO, Chris. Standing in front of a mirror and taking a pic like this and sending it to someone is GAY -- Loud & Proud, baby, hip-hop hooray!!

Here's the TINYurl (hehe) link to the pic: http://tinyurl.com/4y7sxzg

Also, what's up with your très femme ANGEL WINGS tattoo adorning your sexy bare (or shaved?) chest? http://tinyurl.com/6eawt5y