Cops: Ryan Dunn Was VERY DRUNK During Crash

6/22/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was extremely intoxicated at the time of his fatal crash Monday morning ... with a blood alcohol level of more than TWICE the legal limit ... this according to cops.

0622_ryan_dunn_BN_01

West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll told the Daily Local News ... Dunn's B.A.C. was .196 ... nearly two-and-a-half times the legal limit in Pennsylvania, which is .08.

Carroll added, "No other substances were found in his blood other than the alcohol."

As TMZ reported, Dunn and his passenger were killed when Dunn lost control of his Porsche, crashed in a wooded area and his car exploded in flames.

UPDATE: Now cops are saying Dunn was traveling between 132 and 140 MPH at the time of his crash.

0621_remembering_ryan_dunn_footer

Elle0375

washout22 16 minutes ago
Let him rest in peace. James Dean did the same thing, only he didn't have all these dousches pissing on his grave. You haters are all dispicable, shameless animals with no soul. Let him R.I.P..

Well Jimmy (RIP) was 24, this jackass is what 36? And Jimmy wasn't drinking either, he wa***** by a car that turned into his lane. Maybe do a bit a research huh? And this jackass is not where near the level as James Dean, Jimmy was a great actor. This guy was someone who shoved stuff up his ass for money. Once a jackass, always a jackass.

Steve

I was convicted of a DUI and learned my lesson, so far, but the one glaring fact that hit me the hardest in the classes, was that at or around 97% of people that have been drunk have driven "legally drunk" at some time or another! So to all of you glass house punks commenting, if you have never been drunk, thank you, and if you have, I seriouly doubt that you are in the 3%!

Northern Lights

Here is the dashboard cam from Dunn's accident scene. Now IMAGINE going 130mph, WASTED @ 2.5 times the legal limit!!

Here's where Bam and April SAY ON CAMERA how Dunn is going to die..... April even says "he'll NEVER learn" and they say he is in the "death pool" by death by a vehicle.

They all admit on camera he IS THE WORST FUKCINNG DRIVER!! What do you have to say now, BAM???

jack-55d79

If true it's a stupid, risky thing to have done and at that speed there is no room for error or mechanical failure, or anything else. Errors increase when drunk. Speed and alcohol are the two leading causes of road fatalities, and he may have combined the two. I think it's still worth waiting on the investigation results though. There are quite a few situations at that speed where he would have died sober, and the intoxication would have made no difference. Regardless, it's a waste and we can see the impact his death has had on his friends, family, and fans of the show. Don't drink and drive, don't speed, RIP Ryan Dunn.

sane

How do they know who was driving?????????????

Elle0375

Alisha 9 minutes ago
I thought the results weren't going to be available for another 4-6 weeks. Funny how the cops know ALL this information before the lab results are in. I smell cops that are sick of the jackass' antics and are out to muddy his name

This was already addressed on the first page of comments, try reading it.

Trayphin

Idiots!! 1 stupid ass dead and another a victim. Glad Ryan didn't kill anyone else on the road that night. No sympathy from me. You drink and drive - you should die and hope you don't take anyone else with you. Hope his passenger’s family sues the crap out of his estate. What "friends" would allow him to get behind the wheel? Idiots with money, hope he enjoyed life to the fullest. You got your blaze of glory Ryan. Hope it feels the same way in hell. dumas

Steve

@ HarryPalms
Fake tears? Bam knew Ryan since his childhood, and thinking that he would try to make money from Ryan's death is the stupiedest thing I've hears in a long time.

Ellis

The world has gotten a little safer with this idiotic moron dead. Pity he had to take someone else with him. They should take what's left of his tatted up alchohol soaked corpse and put it on ad an for what happens when you are what he was. Good riddance

Rich

What is the liability of the Club or bar that served thim drinks when drunk. Will they be charged.

Cindy

BAC level is different than toxicology report. They can test that right away. It's so sad that his friends let him get into the car and drive. One of the things you lose first when drinking is your judgement. (Not making excuses - there is NO WAY he should have gotten into the car). Also if you drink a lot often - you won't show signs of being twice the legal limit. That's why there's all the propaganda out there that tells you what you should be able to handle. Food has nothing to do with your BAC level. It's all about weight vs height vs consumption.

Buster

Thankfully this idiot is off the road for good before he could harm or kill some innocent people.

B.F. Gravy

Some here have said that someone should have stopped him. You're ALL missing the point. This is a man who was self-abusive to a fault. Are YOU going to tell someone who thinks it's funny to shove a toy up his rectum to take it easy on the drinks? Huh? D'uh! As if he's going to listen to YOU or anybody else.
The reason so many people here are so nasty toward his death is that for many he was just another jerk pulling off Neanderthal stunts for cheap laughs, and people are treating him like he was god's gift to comedy. Let's face it, this guy really didn't contribute much that was socially redeeming to society. Unfortunately for his family, they have to live with his legacy. Sounds like he led a pretty selfish life. And if a car accident wasn't going to do him in, one of his stunts certainly would have. Would have made a great bit for the next movie.
And the only real Jackasses out there are those who paid good money to see the movies. You've been taken.

Papaf

Did I miss something? Roger Ebert said "Friends don't let jackasses drink and drive." Just where does Ebert say anything derogatory or unkind about Ryan Dunn. It appears to me that Ebert was referring to the people who were drinking with Dunn. If someone in the bar had taken Dunn's keys from him and taken him home or called a cab Dunn and his passenger would still be alive.

Mark Winiars

First off I'd like to say I've never seen so many hateful people in all my life as the people who are leaving rude comments. People just straight out hating because they are jealous they dont have fame and money and when they die they will do so without leaving any sort of influence on this earth. How dare ANYONE have the nerve to be so rude and say anything about Bam's grieving of the loss of his friend.I lost my friend of 19 years about a month ago and its terrible. Secondly I'd like to say that this "news" is made up as there is NO WAY the results would be ready this fast. My proof is in the fact that there are no references listed as to who verified this, but the simple minded just want to believe whatever they want to believe. You're a bunch of rude little hurtful children just trying to shock people with your hateful comments. I'm suprised your mothers didnt die from dysentary from giving birth to giant a**holes. Thirdly I'd like to say that if there was or alochol in his system that doesnt mean a deer didnt jump out and cause him to swerve. Wehter you liked him or not, you need to act like humans and just let people grieve. How would you like it if your mother died and someone was trying to piss all over her memory and her charater before she even had a funeral? I hope the favor is returned to you when that happens. Ryan was an amazing person and one of the nicest people I ever had the pleasure of meeting. I will miss him greatly. My heart goes out to his brother Eric, his family, Bam, Angie and the rest of the CKY crew. Ryan will live on in our hearts.