Cops: Ryan Dunn Was VERY DRUNK During Crash

6/22/2011 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn was extremely intoxicated at the time of his fatal crash Monday morning ... with a blood alcohol level of more than TWICE the legal limit ... this according to cops.

0622_ryan_dunn_BN_01

West Goshen Police Chief Michael Carroll told the Daily Local News ... Dunn's B.A.C. was .196 ... nearly two-and-a-half times the legal limit in Pennsylvania, which is .08.

Carroll added, "No other substances were found in his blood other than the alcohol."

As TMZ reported, Dunn and his passenger were killed when Dunn lost control of his Porsche, crashed in a wooded area and his car exploded in flames.

UPDATE: Now cops are saying Dunn was traveling between 132 and 140 MPH at the time of his crash.

0621_remembering_ryan_dunn_footer

Necola Grigsby

Most drunk drivers end up killing innocent people who just happened to be out driving that same day, at least Ryan and his passenger both made the decision to leave the bar, get in the car and they are the only people who suffered the consequences for those decisions. Would Ebert be as judgmental if they would have survived but instead killed a family, no he would not, he would not even comment, I bet, due to showing respect for the victums, well he should still show respect in this situation because there are still victums. I will forever miss Ryan Dunn and I hope that Bam can pull through this so that it does not destroy him. Bam needs our support right now......after all he and his family are is the only people showing any signs of true grief

LInda

I do not know nor have I ever met one person who didn't drive drunk at least once in their life. Just remember all you nasty commentors this could have been you and if claim you have never done it you are a liar!!!! That said I do not condone drinking and driving ever!! What has happened IS very sad and I hope none of your friends or family makes this same mistake, because then you will have to say they deserved it or else YOU will be a JACKASS!! Have compassion for the loss of human life no matter how it occured. REMEMBER it is not your job to judge. If there is a GOD he will take care of that!

Lovely Rita

I guess you could say this was the ultimate Jackass stunt-fail. Too bad he had to take out someone else with him. I hope this stupid franchise comes to an end with this tragedy. Bunch of effing morons. FYI, alcohol is easy to detect - toxicology for other substances will take longer. Must have been at least some soft tissue after the fire to test for it.

Brian T

this is shocking regarding Ryan Dunn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OnhZLHSECo

BW

The whole jackass crew knew he was going to die like this.

BW

The whole jackass crew knew he was going to die like this.

BW

They knew he was going to die in a car from day 1.

John Stein

As someone who has been hit by two drunk driver's in his life.. one while in a car - one while riding a bicycle (and this one did a hit and run) - I say **** Ryan Dunn and right on Roger Ebert. anyone who tries to defend this piece of **** is a piece of ****. I don't care if this ******* made you giggle... he could have killed someone... oh wait - he DID... Piss on the bastard!

Buster

130 mph and driving drunk? glad he's off the roads for good

washout22

"Don't just second guess and bless him, Let him Rest in Peace"!

(Elvis on Velvet, Stray Cats)

kerrplunk

Who really cares......

Uh

Good riddance.

Buster

it shows how truly stupid people are when they are trying to defend this drunk-driving POS

farleftlane

Live like a Jackass, die like a Jackass.
I have no sympathy for that idiot. But I have much empathy for the family of Zac Hartwell. I'm sorry that their son/brother/friend was killed because of his decision to party with a Jackass.
This should remind us all....TAKE A TAXI!!!

agnes

Ok, when you're drunk, you shouldn't drive! I don't understand when people doing things like that, especially when you're responsible for other person you drive with. But, we shouldn't forget that he was a human and he left family, friends and love of his life. He deserve for respect and peace, and don't forget that his friends and family have the worst time ever, because he was to young to die, especially in that way. I believe, if he survived, he would never make this mistake again.
This is an admonition, but it's sad that two more people had to die.
Rest in peace Ryan, I hope you're in better place now.