George Clooney and Elisabetta -- IT'S OVER!!!!

6/22/2011 8:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It was only a matter of time ... but professional playboy George Clooney is finally moving on from his super-hot Italian GF of two years Elisabetta Canalis ... and her UNBELIEVABLE physique.

George Clooney

The former couple just released a joint statement -- "We are not together anymore. It's very difficult and very personal, and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."

Who's next????

0622_clooney_footer

Craig

Even if George says he's never going to get married, he will always find a woman to be with because every woman thinks she's different. Is that his fault? No, but that doesn't mean I think highly of him. To not be open to the possibility of finding someone you love enough to marry is really a sign that there's something sick about him. And I could never string a woman along for 2 years knowing the whole time I'm going to dump her when she loves me too much, even if I was up front with her from the start. I have more respect for guys like Gerard Butler who are just blatantly out to have fun and not get any woman's heart involved. If you want to be an eternal bachelor, then play around - don't keep dragging 'relationship-type' women into your dysfunction.

Sonya in Tx

Clooney said he's never geting married. I guess one woman after another thinks that their 'you know what' will be so good that George will change his mind. Nope.....when the lights are out, it's all the same.....

Louis

George...are you ******* crazy?!?!, what is wrong with you?...she is beautiful, and obviously loved you..she is HOT!!.

joeygirl45

The kiss of death for this relationship came when she said during an interview that she wanted to marry him and have kids. I agree with Carl... he is upfront about his not wanting to ever get married so the chicks he hooks up with are not blindsided. At least he knows he's not a one woman man instead of getting married and being a cheater. A male whore is one thing, a cheater is another. So, since he's being a male whore, he is the only one he's affecting. No kids out there and only one ex wife..he's already ahead of the Hollyweird game.

John

If George is gay, I'd love to see pictures of the guys he's been with....if she's any indication.

wasted days and wasted nights

Free love seems to usually end with freed lovers.

Bubba

Several people have told me that I look like that jackass Clooney. I always ask them why they insult me by comparing me to Clooney. I am older and could already run while he was still liquid. Is he still somewhat famous? If so, why shoot a commercial for Nespresso?

lou

I don't think he'll find a more beautiful girl...if that's really his proclivity.

Hahaha

I think next should be Cameron Diaz! She's hot, they both are adamant about not wanting to get married! and have proven it so far... I could see them having fun without putting pressure on one another and it may last more than two years between the two.

Canalis's death blow was to give that interview in which she said that marriage was very important to her as well as family (which is fine!) and that it was definitely in her future. Since George doesn't want to be an obstacle to her plans, he let her go! At least he's been honest and I don't blame him for not wanting to get married in Hollywood or even beyond tinsel town: most women that he would meet (not all) would be interested in his money and fame and turn into tigers when it comes to signing the divorce papers, demanding 50/50 after he spent a lifetime building his fortune. I'm a woman by the way...

I'm sick and tired of the people who are telling him to get married or he's gay. He's in touch with who he is and what he wants! There's nothing more pathetic than serial marriage addicts: Paul McCartney, Frasier and a bunch...If it didn't work the first time and then the second, trust me, it's not for you!

kat

He was honest from the start...no marriage. The problem is women get involved thinking they can change him. When they start pressuring him, he shows them the door.

QE2

I think several of the posters are wrong about she said about marriage. She said she believed in marriage and planned to be married in her life, but she didn't say it was going to be to Clooney. She's still young and can have a fun in a relationship that isn't going to end in marriage but has lots of perks. Nothing wrong with that either...

At first I thought that Cloooney was crazy because he just isn't going to find anything BETTER than this girl. But then again, he certainly can find something DEFFERENT than this girl. Which I guess is really the point.

DD

I do not find him attractive AT ALL! No thing sexy or remotely handsome at all. She'll do much better next time.

CCC

A lot of you are saying George is gay, as if that's a bad thing. Even if he is, so what!! I've only seen him with pictures of hot women. If that's being gay, count me in.

Solaera

Like others have pointed out, a couple of weeks ago Elisabetta was running her mouth intimating upcoming nuptials between she and Clooney, and I thought 'Oh, oh. She's gonna get curbed now for sure'. Clooney is so predictable.

Cooper

I do not get the whole George Clooney thing....