Lindsay Lohan: All I Had to Drink was TEA!!!!

6/24/2011 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is adamant she did NOT drink wine, beer or liquor during her stint on house arrest ... insisting her dirty test was caused by a fermented tea that contains a TEEEENY amount of alcohol.

0623_lilo_kombucha_ex

Lohan has been telling friends she's been drinking her favorite kombucha tea again ... the same tea that caused her probation officer to raise a red flag earlier this year because it contains alcohol. The company behind the drink claims the alcohol content is less than .05%.

Of course, the judge ruled that Lindsay is ALLOWED to consume alcohol during her house arrest sentence ... so the dirty test didn't matter anyway.

TMZ spoke with Lindsay about the situation ... and she told us, "I am responsible, and I'm following the rules and obeying my judge and the Los Angeles judicial system."

She adds, " I'd like to do what I must to get my film career back and the respect of directors, actors, writers, studio heads, fans and so on."

lou

Heh heh, her first hard steps towards sobriety with a bottle of Grey Goose spiked Kombucha tucked under her skirt.

dee

Please tell me why why why in the world did matt louer of abc news fly from ny to la to interview pathetic ll ah was it a really really bad news week of all people I would not have expected him to stoop that low, why didn,t he fly somewhere to welcome the troops home he is just as pathetic as her I still can,t wrap my head around this one.So he needs to retire but then again he may go interview the devil.

lou

A mountain of scripts: "Hi (hands flop out) I'm Lindsay Lohan (hands flop in) and I want all of my friends to know (needs a line, starts talking faster) that I found this great website (eye starts twitching) about about about (grabs bottle, starts guzzling,) about...

"Oh fvck it, off with their heads!"

lou

dee 3 minutes ago

So he needs to retire but then again he may go interview the devil.

-----

Too late, Dee, he's already interviewed Dina.

EarthAngel

lou,

Celebrity is a curious thing. People "think" they know you....hence stalkers. When "fans" focus on whatever challenges are going on in the celebs life they are transferring their own frustrations & inadequacies they do not want to face in their own lives. So much easier to criticize those that are supposed to be "perfect" role models and are supposed to take us away from those very inadequacies. Is a two edged sword

lou

FUTMZ,

Will it be mink lined?

lou

Shar, I think that's very true and the very reason that it occurs is because Celebs are sold to us as being "perfect." People love that at first and then grow to resent it because it's a fabrication. It's a very weird way to sell a "product," a person who is supposedly way better than any others, due to beauty and maybe an ability to act. These rather minor traits then give celebrities the right to do anything whatsoever without (usually) being questioned. It reminds me of America's answers to the nobles - people whose birthright is to be better than everyone else, just because. That's a very flawed premise.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

@ Lou

You wrote: "Its not over. The DA right now is going to a higher judge to review Sautners actions. On the house arrest and grandtheft
and the conditions. The DA has a right to seek removal of a judge from a case maybe that is why she is screaming the tea thing.
Maybe she has been notified of that. This could go further.
Please LA DA fight it and give that Bitch a real punishment"

I know, you know whats what but I'd love for you to pop on over "to you know where" and see my comments, as I've done a little reseach. Please visit the site and tell me what you think!

EarthAngel

Big time! Which is very often why they want to be celebs in the first place! If you are not performing for the LOVE of the art and ONLY for the "celeb status" it comes back to bite. Her sister said awhile ago that she wanted to be a celebrity like big sis. OMG I was so sad to hear that! Is a lesson to all that in seeking to be "famous" you may be just as apt to be "infamous"

lou

I didn't write it but I enjoy you know where and thank you for the invite. Will be right over to see what you know. THANKS!

Blood Red Witch

Oh God! LL is tweeting about gay marriage being legalized in NY. *facepalm*

lou

SharJoy 18 minutes ago

________________

I think that's why many, many people get into acting. The undivided love/attention. There is something a little off with that, if you cannot give yourself enough self-love that you have to get it everywhere else. I think that's why so many actors get so messed up - they really have a sliding sense of who they are, and don't seem to really love themselves outside of a flimsy, narcisstic way.

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

@ BRW

*waving* Can You believe this *******?

MADISYN, LIAISON TO THE H8TURDS!!

@ BRW

I said, "can you believe this C U Next Tuesday! I hate the way TMZ edit you.

Red Cloud

drunk post

Minnesota Made
July 1, 2010

The Wedge staff recommends Unpeeled's Spicy Mojito flavor
​Last week, local retailers pulled bottles of the fermented tea kombucha from their shelves after the federal government issued a warning about its alcohol content. Kombucha is marketed as a nonalcoholic beverage, which means the alcohol content must be less than 0.5 percent by volume--but recent testing of some kombucha brands, including the popular GT, has found some blends continue to ferment in the bottle and raise the alcohol content to as much as 3 percent, which is as high as some low-alcohol beers. So now we know why post-rehab Lindsay Lohan has been drinking so much of the stuff.
------------------------

Could this be why she tested positive?????? Suppose, just suppose, she's telling the truth? Consider the many photos of her with a drink(soft?) in hand. She likes to drink, tea???? She likes water. She likes soda. She likes Red Bull. She like tea.
Doesn't matter. She's allowed to drink alcohol.

Bye

Previous 15 Comments | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments