MTV to 'Jersey Shore' Cast:

Arrivederci For Good!

6/24/2011 7:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources connected with "Jersey Shore" confirm with TMZ ... MTV will say goodbye for good to the current cast when they wrap Season 5.

0624-jersey-shore-cast-bn
Although some big wigs on the show denied it last week, we're told MTV wants a fresh cast of characters after they wrap Season 5 -- which begins shooting in New Jersey Monday.

Here's the thing.  MTV gets the best of both worlds.  They can keep the "Jersey Shore" machine going by growing a new crop of much cheaper stars.  And, as for the break-outs in the original cast -- including The Situation, Snooki, JWOWW and Pauly D ... the network has already signed them to spinoffs.

darryl

bunch of alcoholic losers

3Storms

They want way too much for doing a whole lot of nothing beyond drinking and whoring around.

lou

I really cannot stand those greasy legs. I've never met an Italian or Italian American who had greasy-chicken legs like the cast of Jersey Shore. I really won't miss not looking at those legs (cause I'm assuming that version 2.0 will sukk so much that it will cause the system to crash.)

CitySide

Yes, please! Somebody should have stepped up and performed a courtesy flush LONG ago.

KZinmetry

I was so excited to here these characters were booted, then to hear they'll be in a spin off....I can only pray that it's not true. Is MTV so money hungry they can't get some real talent - these knuckleheads have no talent what so ever.

Cujeaux

Good. I give Sich's show one season then his career is finito. He'*****ed in Hollywood after the Trump roast and the snubbing of his father who almost lost his legs to diabetes. He disgusts me.

Cujeaux

For the record I didn't say *****. I said 'He's * hated.' Geez!

makeitstop

Why are these people in our lives?

A friend

Just wake me up in five years for the "Where Are They Now?" episode.

obama'saracist

thank goodness these twits and hores are gone

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Italy was a nice place until these FOOLS got there- I wish they would go to Iran or N,Korea and practice their Crap

campy

ORANGE!

Problem?

So are they going or not? This site claims it's confirmed but others are saying it's BS. I have to know whether to laugh hysterically.

bruce

Thank God these idiots are going away and really sad these idiots have spinoffs. Time to throw the TV out the window. Wish the mafia had taken care of them when they were in Italy!

AyeJay

My comment was read on TMZ LIVE, I feel special lol.