Report: Ryan Dunn Had 11 Drinks Before Fatal Crash

6/24/2011 3:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Ryan Dunn had ELEVEN drinks before stepping into his Porsche and crashing it off a Pennsylvania highway ... this according to a new report.

0624_ryan_dunn_bn_getty

According to MyFoxPhilly, Dunn downed the drinks over a 4-hour period. As we previously reported, Dunn had a blood alcohol level of .196 at the time of the crash ... more than twice the legal limit.

According to Fox, investigators believe Dunn ordered 8 drinks at the bar ... and then received an additional 3 drinks from fans while he hung out in the back.

According to Fox, that means the bar is off the hook -- because they didn't serve him the final three drinks, which investigators believe pushed Dunn over the edge ... into visibly drunk territory.

If true, it raises a bigger question -- namely, why didn't anyone STOP Dunn from getting into his car if he was visibly intoxicated?  It's the Roger Ebert argument.

lissa

12 years ago I lost my brother in a hit and run accident, by a drunk driver, so this whole thing was very hard for me to follow. I wasn't going to comment, however, after reading some of the posts I felt like I needed to say a few things. If you don't like what I have to say then I suggest you stop reading.

In response to the Dunn Drama:

Quit talking about him being a murderer and killing an innocent passenger. The passenger was a willing party to the ignorance. Does it make the loss and heartbreak less devastating? Of course not, my heart breaks for both of the families and all of the friends because I know what it feels like to get that phone call. However, it is not the same thing as when a drunk mows down some innocent person walking down the street or driving home from work. The passenger was drunk, he knew ryan was drunk, they BOTH knew it. Therefore they are BOTH at fault. Ryan Dunn, because he was at the wheel, will ultimately be the most to blame for most people the simple fact is this: They BOTH killed THEMSELVES.

Respect their families grief, afterall THEY didn't cause this. THEY are the true victims here. NOT the 2 drunk people in the car doing 130 miles an hour in the dark.

anniemal

to all the people who keep bashing him on driving drunk, it's very hard to believe that none of you have ever have driven or have been in a car when someone had been drinking, you just don't want to admit it. people do it every day, just some people get away with it better than others unfortunately.
ryan you are loved and missed xo

GaryGnuu

thankfully the bar cant rip off a beer or drink name after ryan. call me crazy but "dunn" just doesnt seem like a fun drink? RIP Ryan - Move aside, and let the man go through.
Let the man go through, Super Bon Bon!

lolo

The 8 drinks he bought didn't make him sh$%face drunk but the 3 fans bought him "put him over the top". Really? 8 drinks will keep you under .08? Really?

Linzgirl

Why is it as humans when something negative happens we have to place blame on every one and thing but the one at fault? As an adult Ryan made the decision to order drinks, drink said drinks, get into his car, and drive at an excessive speed. So shouldnt he be the one to "blame"? Passenger rode to bar with him, ordered drinks with him, drank said drinks with him, and chose to ride home with him, thus "blame" for his life should be placed on him. As adults they are the only ones at fault for what happend. They should not have to be babysat to do the right thing. The bar didnt force him to drink and drive and speed. His friends were doing their own adult thing and should not be blamed for his choices. Yes as humans we should point out the obvious to others when it needs to be done but ultimately he did what he did as an adult. And no matter how ignorant his choices were he does have friends and family and fans that care so would it really hurt to show some respect? Blaming and judging make us no better than the two that lost their lives. They were given freedom and abused it and payed the ultimate price. Learn from it, be thankful no one innocent became involved. Teach your family, friends, and children what not to do, instead of teaching them hatred and judgement towards others.

Suzy Doozy

Can someone explain it to me? no snark please

brenda

A drunk driver and a murderer.

Cindy

After reading all the posts of everyone who thinks that having 11 drinks in 4 hours and they're ok to drive - makes me want to make sure I'm home before 12am!!!

I don't care how ok you think you are - science is science - you can't cheat it. Please think twice before drinking and driving. Especially drinking 11 drinks and driving. Taxi's are $20. If you're lucky your DUI will only cost you $10,000 if your unlucky it'll cost you 7+ years for vehicle manslaughter.

jenng

i'm not so sure the bar shouldnt be just a little liable. Those last drinks probably didn't have time to metabolize before he got in the car. Bar shots are usually alot stronger than the "recommended" serving of alcohol. I kinda think the last couple "outside" hadn't even hit him yet.

Cyndi

Ebert was Correct, where were his friends. I drove drunk ONCE and have regretted it ever since and I didn't do anything or hurt anyone. NEVER AGAIN!

Six

Only in America would people be stupid enough to say the fans that bought him the 3 drinks should feel guilty! hahahahaha

Actually I'd like to thank those fans for personally taking this idiot off the road, sorry but good riddance. Ebert nailed it, Bam remains an idiot. Thank the Lord this complete moron killed himself, his friend AND FORTUNATELY no one else!

meme

Puckett, don't get me wrong, I do think hartwell is just a responsible for his own death. I was just pointing out to Tetra that Dunn didn't just kill himself, he took someone out with him.

HarryPalms

Get drunk
Drive impaired
Kill a friend
Called a hero
Tribute concert

Drunk drivers are not heroes nor do they deserve any sympathy. Good riddance.

He's a hyped murderer. The sign of the MTV times

Theresa

Well that's what happens when you drink and drive,I am sorry for the families of the dead.What a jackass!!

jack-55d79

@Suzy Doozy 13 minutes ago "I still don't understand how they wrecked as far the car went, are the tire marks when the car was sideways? Then it flipped over the rail and ended up upside down? how could they know what his BAC was if he was incinerated.
Can someone explain it to me? no snark please"

It's actually really fascinating. Things fall at a nearly constant rate regardless of forward momentum because they're both subject to the same gravity. So if you fire a bullet from a fixed level and at the same time dropped a bullet straight down from the same level, they'd hit the ground at the same time. Massively far apart, but at the same time. So if you measure the distance between something leaving the ground and hitting the ground, you can work out its original momentum/speed very accurately because of gravity. That's why the tire marks are so important in an accident investigation, along with distribution of debris. I believe they now have software to aid them the does a lot of the calculations for them based on accurately surveyed data.

There doesn't need to be much blood and the human body has a lot of it. So there was presumably enough left for the tests. Feels grisly even thinking about that one.